Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 3 of 73)

2.3 from 1,450 reviews

2.3

1,450 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (26) · No (145)

Gary JONES

Gary JONES

Very Helpful

Well set out easy to find what I wanted. Helpful staff as explained the different printers have written more than my usual 2 words.

Neil V.

Neil V.Victoria

Dont buy product care

Sent off computer to be repaired under product care. 6 weeks now and told will be 4-6 more. After regular follow ups item has been forgotten, approvals not passed on and parts not available. With Harvey Norman selling this product i would expect a genuine repair procedure but they have had it 6 weeks now and still cant repair it. I bought a brand name computer form Harvey Norman and expected them to back it up. Product care don't care , Harvey norman dont care and seem to think that its all ok to wait this long. They dont know how to fix it so keep pushing this around to different people. Anyway off to consumer affairs now to report them.

Sandie

SandieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Customer Service and After Sales Help

I bought a mobile phone on 3/4 from Harvey Norman , Cleveland. Stephen helped me so much ,transferring the data from my old phone to the new one and offering advice as I am not technical at all. Since then he has helped me twice when the phone wanted to do big updates. Hopefully I won't have to bother him again but he was so nice and patient. I would also like to commend Glen from the same shop as he was very knowledgeable and helpful when I bought a new TV, also on 3/4.

Gusto79

Gusto79South East Queensland, QLD

Good Prices and staff

People love to hate on Harvey Norman but last couple years when I price check they are always quite good and staff are always helpful.

Anyway, adding this as always try to add a good review when I leave a bad (for another company) so thanks HN, is deserved.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting

The staff are rude and abusive to their customers and their staff so I would recommend going to JB Hi-Fi because they always treat their customers and their staff with respect.

Nate B.

Nate B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service and product knowledge was excellent!

I went into the Chadstone store and was assisted in purchasing a new fridge, washing & dryer and TV. The team were knowledgeable and friendly , leaving me confident I had made the right decision in purchases.

Vishi

VishiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor customer care

I bought labtop for my daughter and she uses Microsoft teams. The camera doesn't work for the program. Very unhelpful customer service representative told me use Skype for the program!

Helen S

Helen SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lied to about available software

I was sold expensive antivirus software when I bought a laptop. Was told it wasn't available for just one device when it is. Also wasn't told about less expensive Office option. Was fobbed off when I complained.

I believe these lies and subterfuge are caused by low hourly rates and a dependance on commissions. I put my trust in the sales person. Never again and never again at Harvey Norman.

Skyehelmsman

Skyehelmsman

watch out for installation costs!!!

we bought a Bosch cooktop at Harvey Norman in Bell Street Preston recently.
Happy with price ,around $1000, and service, expecting installation costs of $3-500

BUT, the installation costs by the gas fitter sent by HN were astronomical: $1910!!!

So beware.
I suggest get written quote from installer before proceeding

Linda

LindaCairns

Forget Click and collect for Harvey Norman Oxley

Selling underspeced items!!

Bough a Lenovo idea centre 27 at hoppers crossing store. Specs were i7, 1Tb harddrive with windows home for $2600. After coming home while registering the product the warranty it showed for 9 months only. Also the same product listed on Lenovo.com for less price and also the spec was 1Tb +2b hard drive with windows professional. basically looks like Harvey norman is underspecing the items and then selling for higher price. Not happy with the purchase!!

Paige C.

Paige C.

Knowledgeable and friendly staff

Staff at the store was approachable ,e and friendly, answered any questions or concerns that I had in relation to recent laptop purchase. Downside was the amount of upwelling that went on until I could take my item to the register. Other than that was great service and great products

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Laptop

3rd laptop HP having issues within 4 months service ok, Midland store Management just not interested, just walked away, with embarrassment. I was calm walking in about 10 minutes the crap came good and thick, we are this and we are that, this laptop this.. etc you get the Message...

Mia S.

Mia S.

I don't buy any in Harvey Norman store

I bought a WiFi router when we install with the helped of our internet provider for 4 hours and is not get to worked. I really not happy for the product recommented by the sale person.
When I returned the sale person said they want to check first. We keep contacted the store it take a week's before have the answered.After that waited for so long that they find out the router is not working. We in up to spend more money for another brand. Because I can't get my money back, that I can buy to another store that we want.

Harold Bish

Harold BishNicholls 2913, ACT

all round good but expensive

i love coming here its a great shop, the staff are always good and the range is great but the prices are what kills me. i get confused when prices are 20% others.

rejo g.

rejo g.

Excelent

I always but at Harvey and their extra cover looks after u well. all these years they have been good at service. I recently bought a fridge their service have to

Deb17

Deb17Melbourne

Avoid HN Thomastown

Swizzle

SwizzleSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Batemans Bay store are great!

I am writing this 5 star review to offset in someway a 1 star review I will be writing for the online store (click and collect service) I rang to enquire about an item on special. It was in stock and I arrived half an hour later to pick it up and was served very promptly and efficiently by Jess. Great work Batemans Bay

cam

camGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase extended warranty

Seth G.

Seth G.Sydney, NSW

Backwards company still in the 20th century

Harvey Norman had a good offer on a Netgear Nighthawk AX6000. I checked online and it said it was in stock in the Broadway store.
I ordered online (before 4pm) to collect from the store.
When I got to the store they would not accept the NSW Government issued online driving licence. Even though that same form of identification is acceptable by the Government, the police, hospitals and pretty much everywhere.
Then the same store said they could not refund me either.
So I was not able to get my order and I was not able to be refunded either. What a service!

I will not be buying from Harvey Norman anymore. I will buy from a company that has moved into the 21st century.
And Harvey wonders why we are all buying from overseas!