Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 3 of 43)

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (29) · No (80)

Customer service

Zero customer service was not happy at all waited very long to see some will notice me then i have to approach one staff which was of no use. I asked to price match product with JB HiFi didn't wanted to help at all. And apparently she was a store manager. Looks like dosent know how to deal with customers at all

Haluk

HalukSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

I tried to return a faulty product however they only gave store credit. I emailed them 3 times and no answer. This was before the covid. Today, I went to use my credits. Initially, they told me that they’ve been used. I really had to explain many times and finally someone found out that they didn’t properly activated the credits or something similar. Terrible experience, waste of time. Not buying from them again.

Nawid J.

Nawid J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

They saying 60 months interest free, but it’s not, every month they charge you lots of interest, they get you Go master card and charging lots of interest absolutely not happy

Matt

MattPerth

Terrible customer service experience - very stressful

• +6Thumbnail
Foster

FosterSydney, NSW

Horrible

I brought the JBL JR300BT Kids Wireless On-Ear Headphones for my child which was advertised as very strong and could bend and not break but it broke after two days from small drop, I returned it to the Harvey Norman store for a replacement but they said no.. this product is in no way suitable for children and I wouldn’t recommend

Lily P

Lily P

So much better off without this chain

The customer service was... mediocre, nothing to complain about too much. But the products. Good lord. I've bought about 5 laptops from them and each one lasted max 1 year, and all of those I had to return for horrible quality. Strongly recommend against buying any electronic gadgets here, it's not worth your time or money. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Melanie

MelanieGippsland, VIC

Horrible service bad product

We purchased a top of the line vacuum from Harvey Norman 7 mths ago . It’s broken three times been away to be repaired more than it’s been here . This time away 5 weeks ! We call they can’t tell us a thing about it . Last time it broke they super glued it and made us wait 2 weeks to get it ! The worst customer service ever I highly recommend never shopping there we can’t get our money back it’s going to ACCC now all we wanted was a refund to buy a vacuum that actually works !!!

Emma

EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Understaffed and appalling price gouging

I bought a fitbit from Harvey Norman and it took nearly an hour. There weren't sufficient staff working - to answer my question, and then remove the product from a locked cabinet. The staff were flat out. This is during the COVID lockdown, and I'd have thought Gerry Harvey could provide a few more jobs for people who really need them.

When I paid for my fitbit at the Cashier, there was a 'sale' bin with 50ml (let me tell you that's very small) hand sanitizers for sale for.... $8!!! Talk about taking advantage of a bad situation! The shop assistant said not many people were buying them. I hope not.

I will definitely shop elsewhere for electrical and other products now.

Consumer05

Consumer05SYDNEY

Try to Return Something

I purchased an electronics item and later found that it wasn't compatible with my device and tried to return it. The item was unopened and I had the receipt from the previous day. I was bounced from one person to another who had their own processes until I had enough. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Neil V.

Neil V.Victoria

Dont buy product care

Sent off computer to be repaired under product care. 6 weeks now and told will be 4-6 more. After regular follow ups item has been forgotten, approvals not passed on and parts not available. With Harvey Norman selling this product i would expect a genuine repair procedure but they have had it 6 weeks now and still cant repair it. I bought a brand name computer form Harvey Norman and expected them to back it up. Product care don't care , Harvey norman dont care and seem to think that its all ok to wait this long. They dont know how to fix it so keep pushing this around to different people. Anyway off to consumer affairs now to report them.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting

The staff are rude and abusive to their customers and their staff so I would recommend going to JB Hi-Fi because they always treat their customers and their staff with respect.

Vishi

VishiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor customer care

I bought labtop for my daughter and she uses Microsoft teams. The camera doesn't work for the program. Very unhelpful customer service representative told me use Skype for the program!

Helen S

Helen SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lied to about available software

I was sold expensive antivirus software when I bought a laptop. Was told it wasn't available for just one device when it is. Also wasn't told about less expensive Office option. Was fobbed off when I complained.

I believe these lies and subterfuge are caused by low hourly rates and a dependance on commissions. I put my trust in the sales person. Never again and never again at Harvey Norman.

Skyehelmsman

Skyehelmsman

watch out for installation costs!!!

we bought a Bosch cooktop at Harvey Norman in Bell Street Preston recently.
Happy with price ,around $1000, and service, expecting installation costs of $3-500

BUT, the installation costs by the gas fitter sent by HN were astronomical: $1910!!!

So beware.
I suggest get written quote from installer before proceeding

Linda

LindaCairns

Forget Click and collect for Harvey Norman Oxley

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Laptop

3rd laptop HP having issues within 4 months service ok, Midland store Management just not interested, just walked away, with embarrassment. I was calm walking in about 10 minutes the crap came good and thick, we are this and we are that, this laptop this.. etc you get the Message...

Mia S.

Mia S.

I don't buy any in Harvey Norman store

I bought a WiFi router when we install with the helped of our internet provider for 4 hours and is not get to worked. I really not happy for the product recommented by the sale person.
When I returned the sale person said they want to check first. We keep contacted the store it take a week's before have the answered.After that waited for so long that they find out the router is not working. We in up to spend more money for another brand. Because I can't get my money back, that I can buy to another store that we want.

Deb17

Deb17Melbourne

Avoid HN Thomastown

cam

camGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase extended warranty

Seth G.

Seth G.Sydney, NSW

Backwards company still in the 20th century

Harvey Norman had a good offer on a Netgear Nighthawk AX6000. I checked online and it said it was in stock in the Broadway store.
I ordered online (before 4pm) to collect from the store.
When I got to the store they would not accept the NSW Government issued online driving licence. Even though that same form of identification is acceptable by the Government, the police, hospitals and pretty much everywhere.
Then the same store said they could not refund me either.
So I was not able to get my order and I was not able to be refunded either. What a service!

I will not be buying from Harvey Norman anymore. I will buy from a company that has moved into the 21st century.
And Harvey wonders why we are all buying from overseas!