Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 4 of 73)

2.3 from 1,450 reviews

2.3

1,450 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (26) · No (145)

Honest reviewer

Honest reviewerMky Qld

HUGE SCAM

computer breaks, you take it in to computer service section, its under extended warranty, we will send it away for you, they send it away ,, after a couple of weeks !! one month later I get a call from Melbourne, you need xyz parts, but we can replace it on warranty, no I want my computer back fixed..... 4 days later its going to take another 3 weeks for your parts would you like a credit and get a replacement computer, no, get the parts I want my computer back,,,,, was I alone, talking at work ,, same story for others, so they get you to ditch your old computer, get another one,, and get another freeking warranty,,,,, bad bad people,,, mine is in mackay qld

Michelle T.

Michelle T.Tasmania

Great Service

Store well laid out which makes it very easy to navigate. The designated staff in each department are knowledgeable and helpful, providing me with different options to make an informed decision.
Products purchased were of excellent quality and no issues at all!

Liars

Shishir G

Shishir GSydney, NSW

Very good

Products were very good and easy to navigate the store. Staff were friendly and they have good sense of humor. I like the items I purchased. Easy parking available. Overall very good.

Grant Morris

Grant Morris

Great Service

Love Harvey Norman and it's great customer service. The interest free credit card offer helped me kit out my whole gaff with nothing up front. Very happy with the service all round.

Ian Morrison

Ian MorrisonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Switched on and electrifying

Wow, this sales assistant has obviously been around a long time. Knows his bytes from his bites. Great attention to my laboured attempts to get his attention without being labelled vexstious.

Debbie

DebbiePerth, WA

Excellent and helpful service

Excellent service at both Joondalup Clearance store from Luca today purchasing a TV and enquiring into dishwashers; and from Rob at Osborne Park store when selecting a fridge last month. Both knowledgable and friendly. Would recommend both.

JAB

JAB

The origin...

Rebecca H.

Rebecca H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Always extremely helpful!

The staff attended to my need immediately. The were super helpful in getting what I wanted and made suggestions for other products that could make my life more enjoyable too.

Rico

RicoPerth, WA

Just sales. No interest in after sales service!!

HARVEY NORMAN I bought a $2000 plus laptop and whilst I was contemplating which one the sales staff were highly attentive and sold me extra programs and hardware etc. One week later I returned as I wasn’t familiar with the software and they were too busy to help me. I tried once more and got brushed off with minimal effort.

jimmy m

jimmy mSydney, NSW

extended warranty / product care is an absolute waste of money

bought a microsoft laptop, I paid extra for the extended warranty saying the manufactures warranty only covers me for 12 months. The device became faulty after 14 months. Contacted Harvey Norman and they said they'd need the computer for a week to two weeks and that I'd be without it and no loan computer could be supplied. This is unacceptable as I use the computer for work. I called Microsoft and they said I'm still covered under the manufacturers warranty (2 years) and they're sending me a new one free of charge. Extended warranty is a rort and I'm going to ask for a refund on it the absolute scammers

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An excellent purchase

On Friday morning 20th December 2019 I purchased a Microsoft Surface Pen - Platinum for $139 so I could do heaps of drawing with it on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and I was extremely happy with it. The staff were kind to me and the service was terrific. The same day in the afternoon they refunded me the full amount back onto my card.

Maria Frappa

Maria FrappaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very happy

It was only a small purchase but the staff gave so much information about the hand mixer and took the time to explain all the different features and benefits. Very happy

Jude Pachamuthu

Jude PachamuthuForde 2914, ACT

Disappointed at Flexirent product sold by Harvey Norman

I was told it will be better in the end to go with Flexirent when I bought my laptop. I would have paid fully at purchase time but sales convinced me that it would be better to go with Flexirent and that I could salary sacrifice it and I would end up paying less in the end.

Well it turns up that I would be paying more.

Also that I could stop the lease after 2 years and need not pay huge amount to own the laptop.

Very disappointed. After all we have bought numerous products from Harvey Norman over the years.

Kim M

Kim MNorthern Region, NSW

MISINFORMATION

I purchased a new modem/router from Harvey Norman,sales assistant told me that it would support VOIP phone. This is totally incorrect. The modem DOES NOT support voip, now they will not refund my $179.00

Doug

DougGippsland, VIC

We had great advice and help from Alex

We were after a TV and this was easy to find. There were so many brahds etc but the person at the TRARALGON store ALEX was really good and knowledgeable and this why we decided to buy from him.

MERS

MERSHobart, TAS

Sales Girl Poonam - Aggressive sales tactic

At Hobart Store. Poonam spent an hour with aggressive sales tactic - pressured to get product care with scare tactics & promises. Once $3,400 was paid it took 4 trips to get everything!!! Disappointed!

OnlineShopper11

OnlineShopper11Toowoomba, Queensland

Product Care Warranty - Don't fall for it!

jeff85

jeff85Hunter Region, NSW

I’ll never shop here again!

Went into Harvey Norman to buy a Dyson stick vac, the ticketed price was $597 including 2 years product care replacement ( this is an additional warranty that replaces old for new after the manufacturers warranty expires, it costs $119, check it out for yourself on their website).

Seeing that there are 4 retailers in the complex selling the same product I asked for a better price. We agreed on $575. Now when I get home I see on my receipt “EXCLUDEPRODCARE”. This was not part of the agreement. Why would I give up something worth $119 for $22? Complete unethical bait and switch. Our family had to go without other things so we could afford this product and I’ll never step foot in this snake pit again.

rednuts81

rednuts81South East Queensland, QLD

Scam product care

Returned faulty goods under product care was told on the spot that it will be covered fully. Returned after a 4 week wait to pick up the item and was told I'd have to pay extra money because when i bought the item it was on sale . I wanted a cash settlement instead but apparently they dont do this at this store . Rude staff that have no clue at all.