Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (36) · No (104)

Sarah
SarahPerth, WA

Role Playing & blame game

I received a very expensive gift for Christmas present. Stopped working after 6 months. Store said they couldn’t give me a refund or exchange it as I had to go through the manufacturer. The manufacturer said it was up to the store. Felt like the manager and store assistant role played how they were not to blame & nothing they could do. All rehearsed & so fake. I would never purchase anything from Harvey Norman Joondalup again. I have never posted a review before but I am furious about the way I have been fobbed off. As a point of comparison my son had n issue with his laptop and JB-Hifi were brilliant. They will be my go to for electrical items from now on.

Concerned
ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Privacy concerns - Stay Away

I purchased an apple pen for an ipad online for in store pick. Emails advised only ID and copy of receipt were required at pick up. At time of pick up the staff member advised they needed to take a photo of my car registration plate on their personal phone in order to take the goods home.
The store has been less than helpful with my privacy concerns and the staff member involved.
I will never return to Harvey Norman again.

Trigger
TriggerHobart, TAS

Ripping off customers with the add-ons.

I bought a TV but of course I was told I just had to protect it with a surge protector and my partner agreed and next thing I said OK, I suppose - well at $129 for a power board, I am still kicking myself for not telling him to stick it - they're $25 at Bunnings. PLUS we got sucked in to getting it delivered - there's another $55 - when I checked other retailers (later) they deliver for FREE and the same TV was a few bucks cheaper. Thank God I told him I wasn't interested in the extended warranty as I know they are a con! He said the TV only had a 3 year warranty so I'd need extra - in fact the TV has a 5 year warranty. Won't be back.

mamaluchka47
mamaluchka47Sydney, NSW

Samsung Galaxy 3 Smart Watch

Not good

We do Harvey Norman take no responsibility in there products. you have to go to manufacturer. not even offered a refund or exchange LOL &LOL Still wanting on Lenovo to give me refund on repairs to product

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
Noel
NoelHobart, TAS

rudeness

enquiring on a product i purchased that on using found the advertised functions listed on the packaging were not present on the device, all the time being spoken over by the young man i was explaining this to and being told no one else had a problem with it, in a very abrupt and hostile manner. that was end of story. no help at all only rudeness from what sounded like a very young person incapable of handling an enquiry about a product misinformation on packaging.

Noori N.
Noori N.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with Harvey norman

Purchased an I pad and recommend by Harvey norman Garden city in Qld to buy a protection glass for it. When I opened it the glass was broken! , returned it to another Harvey norman and after 45 minutes waiting, they said I must go to Garden city! I said why? As you are Harvey norman!! Anyway, got there after 45 minutes driving, and raised the case, as a surprise they did not refund my money! I remember when I was buying those , they were so respectful and ironically when you return their broken stuff they don’t care!!

Shayne
ShayneHunter Region, NSW

Air conditioner too small

tgibson72
tgibson72Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

LIE, BUY & BOOTED

Sue Uhlhorn
Sue UhlhornSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service dealing with iphone repairs/replacement

Took 4 weeks to replace my iphone! ? Harvey Norman senior management need to train their staff in customer service and get back to client when they say they will! Client should not have to phone constantly to get updates on service.

Treats employees disgusting.

Witnessed a electrical employee get their head ripped off in front of staff and Customers by the Manager! Fkn disgusting behaviour towards your staff! You should be ashamed of your self!

Terrible services.. they only say things but dont act.

Marie
MarieBrisbane

Carefully weigh up the after-care plan offered

Salesperson attempted to sell me an aftercare plan for an additional 2 years for a laptop (on top of the standard one) for $350 and brought up a page showing that the expected life of the laptop battery is 2.5 years; what the salesperson didn't bring up from his online "research" findings was that the cost of the online battery is only around $90. Salespeople at HN are vey pushy on the aftercare plan and I am suspecting this is where their best margins are at. I'm also aware of retail margins and I do sincerely doubt the salesperson claim that the price I got for the laptop (77% of the retail price) was "below cost". I don't expect to get a product at below cost so why the need to lie?

PruneJuice
PruneJuiceCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Price Match Policy isn't really a policy.

Their price match policy or lack of is a moving target depending on who you talk to. The vagaries of their online price matching changes, to the point where one Salesman said they never priced matched online even after me showing him the policy on my phone.

Peter cs
Peter csSouth East Queensland, QLD

WIll never go back

I ordered 2 x apple air tags online for in store collection.
The email mentioned bring valid photo Id.
So i drive to the store present my email, show my drivers licence which i scanned to my phone.
No good, i might have doctored it was the rude reply.
I ask them to call my number, showed my passport on my phone, showed them myGov I’d. showed a credit card, asked them to check their store invoices for previous invoices, call my employer. All no good, i could have forged them all.

Just mindless staff on commission that love being rude to customers.

In the end i asked them to cancel the online order and bought them in store with the credit card they wouldn’t look at a minute beforehand.
Will never go back