Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (115)

Rude and disrespectful

Bose salesman Gabriel is extremely rude and disrespectful. He won’t even talk unless you commit to purchase on that moment

Store LocationJoondalup, WA
Kim C.
Kim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Swindlers & Snake oil

Store LocationEverton Park, Qld

Not Too Happy

Was not happy with an experience I had, too pushy and kept asking for Optus connections when i just wanted a Cable

Warranty Claim MadeNo

After years of loyalty, never again

Store LocationChadstone
Electronics & Computing Shops

How to experience buying something without getting any help to choose the right one

I walked into Harvey Norman expecting a salesperson to come over and enquire to my visit but to my surprise first salesperson finished with client I tried to engage his services but he had to answer his mobile second person finished and after I asked her for help she told me she would find someone to help me as she was going to lunch so with such great service I decided to leave the shop

Store LocationKotara
Concerned
ConcernedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Privacy concerns - Stay Away

I purchased an apple pen for an ipad online for in store pick. Emails advised only ID and copy of receipt were required at pick up. At time of pick up the staff member advised they needed to take a photo of my car registration plate on their personal phone in order to take the goods home.
The store has been less than helpful with my privacy concerns and the staff member involved.
I will never return to Harvey Norman again.

Store LocationHighpoint - Maribyrnong
Trigger
TriggerHobart, TAS

Ripping off customers with the add-ons.

I bought a TV but of course I was told I just had to protect it with a surge protector and my partner agreed and next thing I said OK, I suppose - well at $129 for a power board, I am still kicking myself for not telling him to stick it - they're $25 at Bunnings. PLUS we got sucked in to getting it delivered - there's another $55 - when I checked other retailers (later) they deliver for FREE and the same TV was a few bucks cheaper. Thank God I told him I wasn't interested in the extended warranty as I know they are a con! He said the TV only had a 3 year warranty so I'd need extra - in fact the TV has a 5 year warranty. Won't be back.

Store LocationCambridge, Tasmania, Australia
Product PurchasedHisense 70S5 (70")

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
mamaluchka47
mamaluchka47Sydney, NSW

Samsung Galaxy 3 Smart Watch

Store LocationHornsby
Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy Watch 3 41mm LTE

Not good

We do Harvey Norman take no responsibility in there products. you have to go to manufacturer. not even offered a refund or exchange LOL &LOL Still wanting on Lenovo to give me refund on repairs to product

Store LocationO'Conner
Product PurchasedLenovo Ideapad 100S

Noel
NoelHobart, TAS

rudeness

enquiring on a product i purchased that on using found the advertised functions listed on the packaging were not present on the device, all the time being spoken over by the young man i was explaining this to and being told no one else had a problem with it, in a very abrupt and hostile manner. that was end of story. no help at all only rudeness from what sounded like a very young person incapable of handling an enquiry about a product misinformation on packaging.

Store LocationCambridge Tasmania
Product PurchasedNVIDIA Shield
Shayne
ShayneHunter Region, NSW

Air conditioner too small

Store LocationBennetts green

Terrible services.. they only say things but dont act.

Store LocationMarion, SA
Product PurchasedApple MacBook 2.0GHz / 2.4GHz

Marie
MarieBrisbane

Carefully weigh up the after-care plan offered

Salesperson attempted to sell me an aftercare plan for an additional 2 years for a laptop (on top of the standard one) for $350 and brought up a page showing that the expected life of the laptop battery is 2.5 years; what the salesperson didn't bring up from his online "research" findings was that the cost of the online battery is only around $90. Salespeople at HN are vey pushy on the aftercare plan and I am suspecting this is where their best margins are at. I'm also aware of retail margins and I do sincerely doubt the salesperson claim that the price I got for the laptop (77% of the retail price) was "below cost". I don't expect to get a product at below cost so why the need to lie?

Store LocationAspley
PruneJuice
PruneJuiceCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Price Match Policy isn't really a policy.

Their price match policy or lack of is a moving target depending on who you talk to. The vagaries of their online price matching changes, to the point where one Salesman said they never priced matched online even after me showing him the policy on my phone.

Store LocationWatergardens
Peter cs
Peter csSouth East Queensland, QLD

WIll never go back

I ordered 2 x apple air tags online for in store collection.
The email mentioned bring valid photo Id.
So i drive to the store present my email, show my drivers licence which i scanned to my phone.
No good, i might have doctored it was the rude reply.
I ask them to call my number, showed my passport on my phone, showed them myGov I’d. showed a credit card, asked them to check their store invoices for previous invoices, call my employer. All no good, i could have forged them all.

Just mindless staff on commission that love being rude to customers.

In the end i asked them to cancel the online order and bought them in store with the credit card they wouldn’t look at a minute beforehand.
Will never go back