Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics (page 4 of 10)

Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (38) · No (115)

Shah
ShahSydney, NSW

Got rip off by store

I have buy a Rinnai panel heater from Harvey Norman in wileypark,Sydney.The heater is not warming up and Not spreading the warm.When I take it to the store they refuse to exchange it and try to prove it working perfect.I didn’t know it run as a franchise and different ownership for different section.Totally shocked about their service.

Customer service

Zero customer service was not happy at all waited very long to see some will notice me then i have to approach one staff which was of no use. I asked to price match product with JB HiFi didn't wanted to help at all. And apparently she was a store manager. Looks like dosent know how to deal with customers at all

Haluk
HalukSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

I tried to return a faulty product however they only gave store credit. I emailed them 3 times and no answer. This was before the covid. Today, I went to use my credits. Initially, they told me that they’ve been used. I really had to explain many times and finally someone found out that they didn’t properly activated the credits or something similar. Terrible experience, waste of time. Not buying from them again.

Nawid J.
Nawid J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

They saying 60 months interest free, but it’s not, every month they charge you lots of interest, they get you Go master card and charging lots of interest absolutely not happy

Matt
MattPerth

Terrible customer service experience - very stressful

• +6Thumbnail
Foster
FosterSydney, NSW

Horrible

I brought the JBL JR300BT Kids Wireless On-Ear Headphones for my child which was advertised as very strong and could bend and not break but it broke after two days from small drop, I returned it to the Harvey Norman store for a replacement but they said no.. this product is in no way suitable for children and I wouldn’t recommend

Lily P
Lily P

So much better off without this chain

The customer service was... mediocre, nothing to complain about too much. But the products. Good lord. I've bought about 5 laptops from them and each one lasted max 1 year, and all of those I had to return for horrible quality. Strongly recommend against buying any electronic gadgets here, it's not worth your time or money. Would give 0 stars if I could.

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
Melanie
MelanieGippsland, VIC

Horrible service bad product

We purchased a top of the line vacuum from Harvey Norman 7 mths ago . It’s broken three times been away to be repaired more than it’s been here . This time away 5 weeks ! We call they can’t tell us a thing about it . Last time it broke they super glued it and made us wait 2 weeks to get it ! The worst customer service ever I highly recommend never shopping there we can’t get our money back it’s going to ACCC now all we wanted was a refund to buy a vacuum that actually works !!!

Emma
EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Understaffed and appalling price gouging

I bought a fitbit from Harvey Norman and it took nearly an hour. There weren't sufficient staff working - to answer my question, and then remove the product from a locked cabinet. The staff were flat out. This is during the COVID lockdown, and I'd have thought Gerry Harvey could provide a few more jobs for people who really need them.

When I paid for my fitbit at the Cashier, there was a 'sale' bin with 50ml (let me tell you that's very small) hand sanitizers for sale for.... $8!!! Talk about taking advantage of a bad situation! The shop assistant said not many people were buying them. I hope not.

I will definitely shop elsewhere for electrical and other products now.

Consumer05
Consumer05SYDNEY

Try to Return Something

I purchased an electronics item and later found that it wasn't compatible with my device and tried to return it. The item was unopened and I had the receipt from the previous day. I was bounced from one person to another who had their own processes until I had enough. I ended up giving it away to a friend.

Neil V.
Neil V.Victoria

Dont buy product care

Sent off computer to be repaired under product care. 6 weeks now and told will be 4-6 more. After regular follow ups item has been forgotten, approvals not passed on and parts not available. With Harvey Norman selling this product i would expect a genuine repair procedure but they have had it 6 weeks now and still cant repair it. I bought a brand name computer form Harvey Norman and expected them to back it up. Product care don't care , Harvey norman dont care and seem to think that its all ok to wait this long. They dont know how to fix it so keep pushing this around to different people. Anyway off to consumer affairs now to report them.

trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting

The staff are rude and abusive to their customers and their staff so I would recommend going to JB Hi-Fi because they always treat their customers and their staff with respect.

Vishi
VishiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor customer care

I bought labtop for my daughter and she uses Microsoft teams. The camera doesn't work for the program. Very unhelpful customer service representative told me use Skype for the program!

Helen S
Helen SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lied to about available software

I was sold expensive antivirus software when I bought a laptop. Was told it wasn't available for just one device when it is. Also wasn't told about less expensive Office option. Was fobbed off when I complained.

I believe these lies and subterfuge are caused by low hourly rates and a dependance on commissions. I put my trust in the sales person. Never again and never again at Harvey Norman.

Skyehelmsman
Skyehelmsman

watch out for installation costs!!!

we bought a Bosch cooktop at Harvey Norman in Bell Street Preston recently.
Happy with price ,around $1000, and service, expecting installation costs of $3-500

BUT, the installation costs by the gas fitter sent by HN were astronomical: $1910!!!

So beware.
I suggest get written quote from installer before proceeding

Linda
LindaCairns

Forget Click and collect for Harvey Norman Oxley

Selling underspeced items!!

Bough a Lenovo idea centre 27 at hoppers crossing store. Specs were i7, 1Tb harddrive with windows home for $2600. After coming home while registering the product the warranty it showed for 9 months only. Also the same product listed on Lenovo.com for less price and also the spec was 1Tb +2b hard drive with windows professional. basically looks like Harvey norman is underspecing the items and then selling for higher price. Not happy with the purchase!!

Paige C.
Paige C.

Knowledgeable and friendly staff

Staff at the store was approachable ,e and friendly, answered any questions or concerns that I had in relation to recent laptop purchase. Downside was the amount of upwelling that went on until I could take my item to the register. Other than that was great service and great products

Paul
PaulPerth, WA

Laptop

3rd laptop HP having issues within 4 months service ok, Midland store Management just not interested, just walked away, with embarrassment. I was calm walking in about 10 minutes the crap came good and thick, we are this and we are that, this laptop this.. etc you get the Message...

Mia S.
Mia S.

I don't buy any in Harvey Norman store

I bought a WiFi router when we install with the helped of our internet provider for 4 hours and is not get to worked. I really not happy for the product recommented by the sale person.
When I returned the sale person said they want to check first. We keep contacted the store it take a week's before have the answered.After that waited for so long that they find out the router is not working. We in up to spend more money for another brand. Because I can't get my money back, that I can buy to another store that we want.

Harold Bish
Harold BishNicholls 2913, ACT

all round good but expensive

i love coming here its a great shop, the staff are always good and the range is great but the prices are what kills me. i get confused when prices are 20% others.

Deb17
Deb17Melbourne

Avoid HN Thomastown

cam
camGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not purchase extended warranty

Honest reviewer
Honest reviewerMky Qld

HUGE SCAM

computer breaks, you take it in to computer service section, its under extended warranty, we will send it away for you, they send it away ,, after a couple of weeks !! one month later I get a call from Melbourne, you need xyz parts, but we can replace it on warranty, no I want my computer back fixed..... 4 days later its going to take another 3 weeks for your parts would you like a credit and get a replacement computer, no, get the parts I want my computer back,,,,, was I alone, talking at work ,, same story for others, so they get you to ditch your old computer, get another one,, and get another freeking warranty,,,,, bad bad people,,, mine is in mackay qld

Liars