Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (14)
Marie

MarieBrisbane

Carefully weigh up the after-care plan offered

Salesperson attempted to sell me an aftercare plan for an additional 2 years for a laptop (on top of the standard one) for $350 and brought up a page showing that the expected life of the laptop battery is 2.5 years; what the salesperson didn't bring up from his online "research" findings was that the cost of the online battery is only around $90. Salespeople at HN are vey pushy on the aftercare plan and I am suspecting this is where their best margins are at. I'm also aware of retail margins and I do sincerely doubt the salesperson claim that the price I got for the laptop (77% of the retail price) was "below cost". I don't expect to get a product at below cost so why the need to lie?

Cassie H

Cassie HPerth, WA

forced to purchase extended warranty

I am so sick of spending thousands of $$ on essential appliances and electrics (eg fridge, dishwasher, washing machine) for them to only last a couple of years. Basically forced to purchase the extended warranty for peace of mind which is ridiculously overpriced and costs 30% or more of the actual item price. Shouldn't have to pay that amount of money just to ensure a $1000++ purchase lasts more than 1-2 years.

Berlin-George

Berlin-George

Had many purchases within the past 20 years from their Whangarei store.

Bought Computer, Photo, Electronics.
After having been caught with some very poor quality items from their furniture department in recent years, I have stopped visiting Harvey Norman

Melissa

MelissaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poorly excuse for a Harvey Norman store

Mu T.

Mu T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dandenong store laptop section staff too hard sell

I bought a laptop, the staff kept persuading me to buy their product care although he offered quite attractive price. I was still very polite to him but actually I felt very annoyed. When I asked him about refund policy, he avoided answering and kept on talking about the product care insurance. Next time, I will go to other stores.

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
siddhartha v.

siddhartha v.Sydney, NSW

Hidden Information

Selling underspeced items!!

Bough a Lenovo idea centre 27 at hoppers crossing store. Specs were i7, 1Tb harddrive with windows home for $2600. After coming home while registering the product the warranty it showed for 9 months only. Also the same product listed on Lenovo.com for less price and also the spec was 1Tb +2b hard drive with windows professional. basically looks like Harvey norman is underspecing the items and then selling for higher price. Not happy with the purchase!!

Rico

RicoPerth, WA

Just sales. No interest in after sales service!!

HARVEY NORMAN I bought a $2000 plus laptop and whilst I was contemplating which one the sales staff were highly attentive and sold me extra programs and hardware etc. One week later I returned as I wasn’t familiar with the software and they were too busy to help me. I tried once more and got brushed off with minimal effort.

MERS

MERSHobart, TAS

Sales Girl Poonam - Aggressive sales tactic

At Hobart Store. Poonam spent an hour with aggressive sales tactic - pressured to get product care with scare tactics & promises. Once $3,400 was paid it took 4 trips to get everything!!! Disappointed!

Wsssup

WsssupGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not so much Care in Product Care

Suzanne Newman

Suzanne NewmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product BUT sales staff, PAY ATTENTION to the little things!!!

Symon M.

Symon M.Sydney, NSW

Think very carefully when buying a gift

I recently purchased a laptop as a gift for my partner's birthday. I was quickly attended and staff was very helpful.
Unfortunately when I presented the gift to my partner for her birthday the next morning she said thank you but I really don't want a laptop you can take it back.
When I went to return it after many conversations with different levels of management they refused to give me a refund on the pretense that they do not have to refund if u change your mind. I said I hadn't changed my mind it was an unwanted gift...
Currently waiting for reply from acc.
Be careful at Xmas people they don't refund unwanted gifts.

Eugene Z.

Eugene Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad Customer Service

Right direction

staff recommended me to go to service station and to pay for the inspection of appliance which is already under warranty, wrong guidance. Liverpool Harvey is willing to replace product straight away.

Craig Morrison

Craig MorrisonGreat Southern, WA

A shame they think they are Car Salesman

Went looking for a more than basic Laptop computer had a lot of questions, which a Junior Staffer was handling, we opted to keep looking, he went away to serve another customer. We then had decided on our purchase and was waiting for him, when a senior staffer came over & took over, and when the Junior Staffer returned, he waived him away, and he looked not happy. This left a very sour taste in our mouths and within an hour of purchasing wished we had rejected the senior staffer, and waited until the Junior was ready, but the Senior was very intimidating & also towards the Junior Staffer. Very poor, and feel will not use Harvey Norman again, if this is how staff are treated.