Listing monitored by Harvey Norman

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (29)

Nat
NatSydney, NSW

I bought my mobile from Harvey norman and the staff were awesome. Here is the video I took with the phone.

Not Too Happy

Was not happy with an experience I had, too pushy and kept asking for Optus connections when i just wanted a Cable

wheeliejo
wheeliejoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great place but salesman a wee bit pushy

So much to choose from. It can become very confusing. Booval Harvey Normans is a very well kept, clean store. Needed a laptop for business purposes. I liked what I ended up with but felt like I didn't have a choice. Went way over budget, but that's my fault. Had told the salesman what I wanted to spend, but was shown things all more expensive. But still happy with my purchase.

Tonez
Tonez

Harvey Norman

I have purchased four smart TVs within 3 years from Harvey Norman. Service was great ! And good quality of product highly recommend Samsung smart TVs easy to set up apps for your Netflix or YouTube account for the kids high definition good sound. I have no defaults on this product at all

Marie
MarieBrisbane

Carefully weigh up the after-care plan offered

Salesperson attempted to sell me an aftercare plan for an additional 2 years for a laptop (on top of the standard one) for $350 and brought up a page showing that the expected life of the laptop battery is 2.5 years; what the salesperson didn't bring up from his online "research" findings was that the cost of the online battery is only around $90. Salespeople at HN are vey pushy on the aftercare plan and I am suspecting this is where their best margins are at. I'm also aware of retail margins and I do sincerely doubt the salesperson claim that the price I got for the laptop (77% of the retail price) was "below cost". I don't expect to get a product at below cost so why the need to lie?

With a bit of trouble came through with my claim.

If you have to get an assessment done on a faulty item make sure the person doesn’t put the word “broken” in the assessment as it will be possibly assumed you broke it not that the item is just not functioning.

Cassie H
Cassie HPerth, WA

forced to purchase extended warranty

I am so sick of spending thousands of $$ on essential appliances and electrics (eg fridge, dishwasher, washing machine) for them to only last a couple of years. Basically forced to purchase the extended warranty for peace of mind which is ridiculously overpriced and costs 30% or more of the actual item price. Shouldn't have to pay that amount of money just to ensure a $1000++ purchase lasts more than 1-2 years.

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs
Berlin-George
Berlin-George

Had many purchases within the past 20 years from their Whangarei store.

Bought Computer, Photo, Electronics.
After having been caught with some very poor quality items from their furniture department in recent years, I have stopped visiting Harvey Norman

Melissa
MelissaNorth Western Region, NSW

Poorly excuse for a Harvey Norman store

Mu T.
Mu T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dandenong store laptop section staff too hard sell

I bought a laptop, the staff kept persuading me to buy their product care although he offered quite attractive price. I was still very polite to him but actually I felt very annoyed. When I asked him about refund policy, he avoided answering and kept on talking about the product care insurance. Next time, I will go to other stores.

Roger Salcoodo
Roger SalcoodoSydney, NSW

city shop is GREAT

easy to navigate shop, massive selection, the staff were very friendly, also appreciative of them ensuring social distancing is in place. I will admit a little pricy but good value

siddhartha v.
siddhartha v.Sydney, NSW

Hidden Information

Kirby Leeke
Kirby LeekeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Salesman

Store was well laid out, with plenty of products to sample/review. I went into the store to buy a different product, but the salesman showed me advantages of the alternative I actually did buy.

abie g.
abie g.Sydney, NSW

Great service customer focused salesperson Tahmi

Found the buying experience of laptop computer comfortable and very positive. Having been supplied by laptop by employer, Tahmi was patient, courteous, respectful, commercial and efficient. We bought the Ausus Zenbook and look forward to productive and trouble free use going forward.

Radhika N.
Radhika N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good stores for variety. Can't beat it.

We recently purchased a MacBook pro from the stores in West Melbourne region. Even though we were changing mind often about the product they did not rush and were happy to oblige by going through the product features. When we ultimately exchanged our laptop for a HP Pavilion they were happy to refund the difference in costs. Very happy.