Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture

Store LocationJoondalup

Poor quality bar stool - Poor reply from customer service

Store LocationSpringvale Homemaker Centre

Avoid!

Bought a sofa from HN and after only 3 months of light usage I can now feel the seat mechanics every time I sit down. The cushion has completely sunk, and it's now uncomfortable to sit for longer than 30 mins, and has no support. Complained to them, and they are only offering a repair, which would leave one one seat out of 4 significantly higher than the other 3. The guy who assess the sofa said the other seats will more than likely go the same way soon enough. This was a €1500 sofa. By refusing a replacement or a refund they are breaching my consumer statutory rights, which they couldn't care less about. I would avoid these crooks at all costs.

Store LocationTallaght, Ireland
Furniture Shops

Find out how Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture compares to other Furniture Shops

Loulou

LoulouSydney Surrounds, NSW

One rude salesman.....

22 hours ago
We visited tonight with the intention of ordering a lounge, and making final decisions on carpets, floorboards and some other smaller items. Our previous experiences here had been good.
We left with nothing, after dealing with one rude sales man. After walking laps of the store looking for assistance, the sales man was rude, dismissive and unhelpful. It only takes one poor staff member to ruin a sale - and he did it in a big way....
We will purchase everything elsewhere, glad we had this experience before we spent the money here.

Store LocationAuburn
Tiffany

Tiffany

Brought the Manhattan couch

Long story I brought a couch and wrote a review on the Harvey Norman site on the Manhattan mod couch lol Harvey Norman just delete the review if they don’t like like it!

I feel very ripped off.

I purchased a $3,000 so called LEATHER LOUNGE suite, after 16 months leather started peeling.
HN say it is fair wear, it is not covered under warranty. Maybe we shouldn't sit on it so we can preserve the leather. I could have purchased one from another retailer without the HN price tag that would have lasted longer than 16 months. As a loyal long time customer of HN I feel very ripped off.
Gerry Harvey maybe you should be more diligent with the quality of goods you choose from your suppliers.

Store LocationHomemaker Centre Springvale Victoria
hader a.

hader a.Perth, WA

Products (was expecting Australia made but not)

I bought furniture worth of $6000. i was expecting it will be made in Australia but no its manufactured overseas ( the usual place where every thing is coming from) and delivery took 4 weeks.

Store LocationPerth
Elizabeth Jan B.

Elizabeth Jan B.

Cant live without it.

I bought a lounge suite over 40 years ago, the quality was excellent. I did not have to assemble it. The delivery was excellent because I lived on the 2nd floor and they were able to get it upstairs without any damage. Their customer service is exceptional. Their range of products is second to non. If I need anything I always go to Harvey Normans. Their prices are fair. Their staff is knowledgeable and helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Store LocationElsternwick/ Caulfield Store

Justine

JustineMandurah

-10 review rate

Brought lounge in Mid June, told that it would be 2 weeks, top 3 weeks., before it would be delivered. Went to store today as wanted to find out when it may arrive. The store do not know when it will arrive!! The lounge only has to come 75kms. NEVER NEVER BUY FROM NORMAN HARVEY!

Olga F.

Olga F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Caution: Flat pack furniture must be assembled by customer.

Jason Li

Jason LiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Customer Service from Harvey Norman Nunawading!

Store LocationHarvey Norman Nunawading, VIC
Piyasiri P.

Piyasiri P.South East Queensland, QLD

Harvey Norman Retail Stores

Harvey Norman furniture was really helpful. The computer desk I was was looking for wasn't available in their store in Ipswich but they arranged it to be delivered from far north Queensland for me. Thanks guys.

Store LocationBooval QLD

Nic

NicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed with service

Can’t describe how disappointed I am with Moorabbin customer service. Never again will I purchase from them. They can’t even return a call or tell me how long my item will be.

Store LocationMoorabbin
emilia

emiliaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

excellent customer service

i have to say I love the Harvey Norman store at Munno Parra SA, the staff are very helpful in answering all the questions I had, very pleasant atmosphere, very pleasant shop.

Store Locationmunno para SA
O Rahat

O RahatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stay away everyone. Would give them minus 5 star if I could.

Hi think when it comes to harvy Norman, no one reads the reviews. SO Harvynorman doesn't care about it customers or reviewes. Bought a dining table last year for $1300. I was told its made out of solid wood and engineered wood. After one year (passed warranty period) the table started to swell up. I made a hole with my drill and guess what, it was actually made out of MDF. no hints of wood anywhere. I had to through it out.

I also had issues in the past where the delivery person form Harveynotman installed my waschine machine incorrectly resulting in leakage and property damage. Harveynorman refused to take any responsibility.

So stay away if you are lucky enough to go through all the negetive reviewes Harveynorman has.

Store LocationDandenong

Nadine

NadineNSW South Coast

Flat pack furniture now?

We purchased quite a few large furniture items when we moved into our newly built home. We have previously always purchased our big furniture and bigger electrical items there.
We were happy with most of our purchases except when it was delivered (for quite a large fee considering how much we spent!) the dining table and matching chairs were flat packed. We were never told Harvey Norman now does flat pack furniture - I could've gone elsewhere and paid half the price. Then the dining chairs all had uneven legs. These were replaced.
A bit disappointed in all.

Bhavin

BhavinSydney

Terrible Service from Harvey re. Hailebury sofa purchased

I bought the most expensive and firm black leather sofa that was available on display, noting i was looking for something that's appropriately firm. We've had it for less than a year and its completely deformed and sinks in. We complained and had some one come out who said that's normal. We've spent decent $ on the sofa and we can't use it, as it ends up with body pain. Extremely disappointing after paying so much, Harvey sold such low quality product. We had also bought extended warranty and they suggested that does not cover sinking it, covers just the leather. Worst experience possible

Store LocationAuburn
Tracy M.

Tracy M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Better than previous experiences

The staff at Port Macquarie actually approach you and do help. They understood we weren’t ready for the delivery and were happy to hold. We had communicated clearly about this and they listened and helped. The salesman quoted us for a smaller outdoor setting when we asked for the quote on the larger piece setting which did not go down well as we would of bought the similar items cheaper from Amart.

Store LocationPort Macquarie
Narelle A.

Narelle A.Mid North Coast, NSW

Australian made but Poor Quality

In early February I ordered a small wardrobe at Harvey Norman from an manufacturer in Newcastle thinking Australian made would be better quality than flat pack from China. What a disappointment! It took 4 months to arrive and was bubble wrapped and taped for delivery. When I unpacked it , it was chipped along the bottom and on the doors. The hanging rail was just a piece of curtain rod with 2 tiny plastic clips. Where it had been put together with those clips you find in flat packs, the laminate was cracked. These faults must have been seen by the manufacturer and ignored. What a piece of junk! Cost double what a similar wardrobe at Fantastic furniture was.

Store LocationTaree NSW
Steve

Steve

HARVEY NORMAN & GoMasterCard Offer fpr 60 months.

Store LocationChadstone, VIC