Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Carpet Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Timber Flooring, etc...
Listing monitored by Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

27 questions from our users

Jay
Jayasked
Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Can I get a trial piece of the smartstrand carpet for a period of time to decide whether it is the best option for me? I am looking at re-carpeting my house. I did speak to a salesman at Browns Plains but he wasn't helpful, more condescending. Thanks, J

Hi Jay,

Apologies for the level of service you encountered. We've spoken to Browns Plains franchisee and he is happy to assist you with your enquiry. Please contact the store (07)3380 0662 at your convenience time.

Gibbo
Gibboasked
Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Hi we want to put in our kitchen and family room Harvey Norman Timber Impressions Black Label, as this is a big area we were wondering if it would be hard wearing, and if it was noise? We have been to speaking to the guys at HN at Liverpool who were very helpful, and have explained that this is laminate flooring. Is this flooring easy to keep clean do you see marks on it?

Rick
Rick

Research

track
track

I laid Harvey Norman's timber impression floating floors in 3 rental units over 8 years ago and they still look amazing. However beware that big companies change their suppliers from time to time and just keep the branding so you'd want to check that it was coming from the same sourcem

The Special Oneasked
Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Hi! Can anyone tell me if they have the wonderful carpet Smartstrand Silk carpet installed? If so, can you please tell me which vacuum you use that can easily glide across this carpet? I LOVE my carpet but cannot find a suitable vacuum that makes it easy to clean. I've been to Godfrey and 3 experts there could not find a vacuum in their stock that is easy to use on this carpet! HELP please. Thank you! Ingrid.

Hi,

We recommend you to look at the following;

The Bosch Zoo which we’ve had available for a while now http://www.harveynorman.com.au/bosch-zoo-o-proanimal-vacuum-cleaner.html.

The 2 new products that we have are the Electrolux ZUF4207ACT http://www.electrolux.com.au/products/vacuum_cleaners/canister_vacuums/zuf4207act/ and the Miele http://www.harveynorman.com.au/miele-comfort-electro-plus-c3-vacuum-cleaner-bronze.html.

Sebo is available from Feb 1st 2016.

However, I’d suggest that you speak with your local Harvey Norman electrical department and they’ll be able to take you through the range that would be suitable.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

The Special One

Thanks I will go to Harvey Norman again as the vacuum they sold me is very difficult to use on my carpet.

SEBO Australia
SEBO Australia

Mohawk Smartstrand has tested and approved the SEBO X4 with its adjustable rotating brush roller height for their carpets to effectively remove the maximum amount of dirt.

The SEBO X4 upright vacuum cleaner's onboard computer identifies the flooring type and changes the brush height to suit the carpet nap, raising or lowering the brush automatically for optimum cleaning. Using the X4 on your new, soft Mohawk SmartStrand carpet will ensure that they stay beautiful longer, while providing essential carpet care.

Kerry
Kerryasked
Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Do you recommend Godfrey Hurst "Nifty" 100% soft nylon carpet? I have read so many bad reviews re Godfrey Hurst carpets. I'm thinking twice about having it laid.

Harvey Norman Flooring THarvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

We certainly recommend Godfrey Hirst’s Nylon Nifti carpet range and we back this support up by stocking the product in most states to enable quicker installation for our customers. Having checked our database, we have not had one complaint received re the Nifti carpet range. We are confident you will be more than satisfied with this popular carpet.

Toni
Toni

Hello , I cannot respond regarding your question as I do not know anything about this particular carpet .. My blog was to give Harvey Norman praise regarding my carpet laying experience with them. Regards Toni

Jeni
Jeniasked
Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

When you write a complaint letter to your local store does it go to senior management and why don't senior management respond?

Hi Jeni,

We're terribly sorry to hear about the experience you had with your local HN store. Can you please email all your details to service.flooring@au.harveynorman.com. We will contact the store to rectify this as soon as possible.

Harvey Norman Flooring Team

not happy jan16
not happy jan16asked
Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

I have the smartstrand gentle essence and have just discovered today, that kids running through my house have run some motor oil on one part of the carpet. its the size of a 20c piece. How do i get rid of it?

Harvey Norman Flooring THarvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Thank you for contacting us. To get rid of greasy, oil-based stains please follow directions below.

Firstly, mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon (1.23 ml) of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup (0.24L) of water. Stir gently and apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibres in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.

Secondly, wipe gently and turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibres. If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain. Do not over-saturate carpet; use small amounts of solution and blot frequently.

Next, wet the stained carpet fibres with clear, lukewarm water to rinse. Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot. Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.

If the stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy colourfast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.

Remember to change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.

Let us know how this goes.

bazza
bazzaasked
Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Is there another vacuum cleaner other than the Vax model mentioned by HN that will work on Smartstrand etc type carpet? It is an upright model and too big for me as I have nowhere to store it in my small apartment. I currently have a Dyson DC59 stick which seemed to go work with the small carpet sample I brought home (I can disassemble it and store it in a cupboard), but it's only really good for 'in between' vacuums. It's not really powerful enough for major weekly or fortnightly vacuums. I am considering purchasing this carpet in the very near future (but may go for the Rare Beauty rather than Gentle Essence because of this vaccuuming problem) but want to make sure I can vacuum it first and if I need to purchase another vacuum cleaner it will need to be fairly small. Thanks.

Not Happy
Not Happy

Hi Bazza, sorry I cant answer that - we have used a sanyo bagless and a dyson dc07 on our smartstrand carpet and neither were terribly succesful. But then our issues are not with the vacuuming but with the cleaning/staining and wear. I can only say from my personal experience that I am bitterly disappointed with this carpet. Good luck and hopefully someone else can give you a more definitive answer.

Hi Bazza,
I would recommend you to look at Bosch Zoo’o ProAnimal (model BGS5ZOOAU). It is ideal for SmartStrand Carpets. It’s a barrel and bagless vacuum. The Bosch Zoo’o ProAnimal features a turbo head that you can be adjusted on the side to the carpet pile type or carpet hair length and an adjustable power gauge on the vacuum that allows for the appropriate suction levels.

For more information about the Bosch Zoo’o ProAnimal, go to:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Maggie3029
Maggie3029

I've got the Bosch Zoo. It was a promo if you spent over $5000 on smartstrand you got the vacuum cleaner free. It works, but I th I that's possibly because you can reduce the suction on the vacuum cleaner and the head.

My Dyson won't work on it either. Try going to a Harveyy Notjan get one of their large samples of carpet and get them to let you use the vacuum on the Sample so you know it works.

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist representatives

Other Flooring Companies