Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist (page 2 of 12)

Carpet Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Timber Flooring, etc...

3.5

• Job Satisfaction

Disappointed

Disappointed

Terrible service and overcharging

Harvey Norman over-ordered carpet and then required me to pay for the excess. I had enough left over carpet to do an entire bedroom. Further, Harvey Norman’s installers were rude and whilst I had been led to believe they moved furniture and put it back, they did not. The installers complained from the outset and despite telling me it would take an entire day to do the two rooms, then on the day it took less than 3 hours. This may have been because they refused to move furniture. The installers left mess throughout my apartment. I will never spend another cent at Harvey Norman.

Amazing service, above and beyond expectations

We had an issue with our carpet and even when the Manufacturer was less than helpful. Neil Jones of Harvey Norman at Rothwell, went out of his way to resolve our problems and have the carpet replaced. Neil kept us informed throughout the process, and it has now been resolved. I can highly recommend Neil at Harvey Norman’s Rothwell Qld store.

David M

David M

Very happy with installation

We were very happy with the service we received from Harvey Norman Caringbah showing samples and explaining our options, we were also very happy with the service we received from Lily, the only downside was the carpet layer was to ring us Sunday night to confirm time, we did not get this call, we went to work and had to return home which took over an hour to get home. The carpet layer was a very nice person and did a very professional job.

Flooring Companies

Find out how Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist compares to other Flooring Companies

I wanted to say thank you to Toby, Jackson and Peter who came to lay carpet (and move furniture) at my place last week. The three staff members were curteous, professional, hard working and careful as they moved my furniture out of rooms and back again. I would highly recommend this team of carpet layers.

Kerie Flanagan

Kerie FlanaganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely perfect service from start to finish

The service was amazing when deciding what carpet to choose and the service people went beyond for ya. The lovely couple who laid our carpet were super fast and very friendly and did an amazing job. Highly recommended

John G...

John G...Sydney, NSW

Excellent product...

The new living room floor not only appears beautiful, but looks like being durable enough to stay that way.
The supply and installation was faultless and went smoothly from first query to final completion.
We are extremely pleased with the final result, and will certainly use the same people if we need to extend to other rooms...

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Terrible Customer Service - Osborne Park Store

We were assured they could meet our tight time frame for installation so we paid the deposit. Once deposit was paid all communication ceased in terms of updating us.
Install of laminate floor was cancelled the morning of booked date and we had to call store owner to get a resolution.
Carpet wasn't even ordered and then went out of stock, had to source carpet elsewhere.
Very poor experience that left us out of pocket.

Sharon C

Sharon CIllawarra, NSW

Service and communication is appalling

RaeB

RaeBWestern Australia

Our New Top Grain Oak Floor

Yesterday we had installed a beautiful floor in our bedroom and it looks sensational. I am so happy with the process and turn around from Damien (appreciated his honest input) at Osborne Park and their contractors - Joe, Anthony & Jacob. They were very obliging and cleaned up afterwards nicely! Gotta love that! Big thanks boys! We will be back!

Ben

Ben

Great product but appalling installation job!

We couldn’t fault Harvey Norman sales team at Moorabbin for our laminate floors . However the contractors they use left our home in an unbelievable mess . We have had floors done in several other properties and it’s always part of the contract of sale to tidy up . Our home was covered in saw dust from cutting the boards . Piles of off cut pieces were strewn throughout our home . The balcony where they used the electric saw to cut the product was inches high in dust ! When we were finally finished after many hours of unexpected cleaning , the finished product actually transformed our home . We simply wouldn’t use Harvey Norman again unless they change contractors !!

Grant M.

Grant M.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Just had carpet laid. The team at Harvey Norman Booval have been excellent, many thanks to Jason, Doug and Heidi every thing they promised they followed through with. Great product, good price and timely delivery. They kept me i formed from order date to install date. Arranged at very short notice installation, due to my own oversight and Deb and Dave "the carpet layers" were excellent efficient and did an awsome job on a couple of tricky rooms. Could not be happier.

Steve G

Steve GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stain master carpet

We purchased Smart Strand carpet about 7 years ago and have found that it still soft and wearing well. However after having the carpet cleaned every year we are finding that unlike the advertising where animals walk all over it and sleep on it, that the soiling didn’t come out. Harvey Norman staff were helpful in contacting the manufacturer and getting them to come to assess the carpet. After having the carpet professionally cleaned, the colour of the carpet didn’t improve ( still looked soiled ) The manufacturer has just told us to have the carpet cleaned again and that it is not the fault of the carpet. We would not advise anyone to install this carpet as it does not live up to it’s advertising.

Rayjay

RayjayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible service who sell you rubbish carpet

I had my apartment in St Kilda carpeted by Harvey Norman flooring at Watergardens in Victoria. I went in my apartment after carpet was laid down, only to be jabbed in my knee by a sharp object pointing out of the carpet. And now have found lumps coming up from my new carpet. I called Harvey Norman to have the problem fixed, and one month later I'm still getting excuses . Do not buy from these guys...happy to take your money, but no after sales service.

Iseewhatyoudidthere

IseewhatyoudidthereSydney, NSW

Do not use Moore Park for Flooring

Hunted around for a while to find timber flooring for our hallway to match our living area. Went to Harvey Norman and asked many a time "is this timber flooring" was told many times yes. When it came time to lay the flooring, halfway through installation, I am told by the installer " not this is manufactured flooring. I was not happy. The floor also creaks constantly. Will never use or recommend.

disapointed

disapointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely disappointed

On VIP night I was quoted $3600 for 2 rooms and the hallway. This went up by $1000 when the guy came out to measure. After I complained about the colour of the beading I was told if I wanted it to match I should have asked and was told it could be fixed for another $550. There was never any mention of beading prior to installation and I refuse to pay anymore money. I went to Harvey Norman as it's an Australian company and I expected quality service and installation. Extremely disappointed.

• +3

Ellie

EllieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good range, price and installation

I am so pleased with the quality, look and feel of the carpet I got at Harvey Norman Highpoint. The price was very good as I got it in the mid year sales. The process to book installation was easy and the person who did the actual carpet laying was very good and experienced. Very happy.

Poor Experience - Again!

Nathan

NathanDarling Downs, QLD

Smart Strand carpet

We installed Smart Strand carpet due to the sales pitch that it has a lifetime guarantee for stain & soil resistance.
The Smart Strand carpet is terrible- it's has soiled in light traffic areas and aftet 2 years looks like 20 year old carpet.
I wish I'd not bought into the sales pitch!

Lib

LibSydney, NSW

Good service and fitters were lovely

We had four bedrooms carpeted. Aaron in store was very helpful and sorted out issues well. Was able to book installation exactly when I wanted. Good quality product. The fitters were great. Polite, efficient and friendly.

P Foster

P FosterSydney, NSW

Damage property and take no responsibility

See all Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist reviews

Matt

Mattasked

Harvey Norman Carpet Flooring

Does smart strand carpet really come with a life time warranty? ?? Lots of un happy people. ...

MMMasked

Harvey Norman Carpet Flooring

Hi,
We ordered carpet recently however said that we were months away from installing. We initially asked for our deposit back because of incorrect measuring on our part and a price hike however came to an agreement. We picked a colour for purchase sake however now when asking we are told the carpet is ordered and we can't change the colour despite us saying we were months away and may change the colour????
We have paid a large deposit but not sure what to do as we know it will be a case of 'can't change your mind'...not sure why carpet needed to be ordered prior to use 100 percent confirming

MMM

So my question is can we request our deposit and cancel order there is nowhere on the invoice that says we cannot

monica85

monica85asked

Harvey Norman Waterproof Flooring

Godfrey hurst hybrid XL flooring, can anyone share their opinion on the wear and tear on these pls?

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist representatives