Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Carpet Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Timber Flooring, etc...

• Job Satisfaction

Baz M.

Baz M.South West, WA

Harvey Norman Flooring Bunbury

Corio

CorioSouthwest, VIC

Do not believe them

I had hybrid flooring eg Neptune essentials laid in my kitchen . My complaint is instead of installing quad or scoatia around the room they put window beading ? When i enquired about this they said it comes with this flooring and that quad or scoatia does not have a code for this product to choose for this floor like laminate. So i called the installer he told me all new homes from metricom have this beading. Waurn pond Geelong is the store. who put window beading on the house floor what the???

Floor Types PurchasedVinyl
Harvey Norman Flooring THarvey Norman The Flooring Specialist
Lescelle Cox

Lescelle CoxHunter Region, NSW

Faulty laminate flooring

After complaining to customer service in relation to a fault in my laminate flooring which I informed them about 12 months ago and there has been no follow up, I receive an email that they have referred me to the person who I have complained about in relation to doing nothing. Unbelievable!

Flooring Companies

Find out how Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist compares to other Flooring Companies

AdrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Martin - TarynCanberra 2600, ACT

Disgraceful - Customer service

Pmal

PmalSydney, NSW

It has been a continuous nightmare choosing Harvey Norman flooring and their Novocore product

Underquoted by HN only to be bullied by dodgy installers ($5000 extra) to pay more to install Novocore flooring after original floor was taken up. After several attempts we still have joins separating and looks horrible. Have been loyal customers to HN but cannot even step into their stores now. Customer support non existent

Looked nice

I had my house done and there was a couple of places where the vinyl wasn't flat on the floor it had humps in it. I went to Harvey norman capalaba and showed him the picture of it and he said he would get someone to come and fix it still waiting 18 months later. Not happy wouldn't recommend them to anyone

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flooring installed by amateurs.

Oxley store. Flooring these days is easy as to lay. These guys only had to remove and replace skirting boards, reconnect dish washer properly and clean up when job finished. They couldn't do any of it. Manager came and minimised the issues but did come quickly. Would not recommend.

Flooring Companies

Poor laying, no follow through with promises

Started as good service, after laying, I was not happy with a few areas, but they said give it time to settle, still not happy, lifting in places and poor edges. Rang twice, manager came after the second call to inspect, said would get the layer out, that was last November. Went to store to complain, will follow up they said, now it’s nearly June. Will never recommend to anyone.

Avril Summers

Avril SummersTasmania

Does not resemble original flooring colour or quality

Disappointed

Disappointed

Terrible service and overcharging

Harvey Norman over-ordered carpet and then required me to pay for the excess. I had enough left over carpet to do an entire bedroom. Further, Harvey Norman’s installers were rude and whilst I had been led to believe they moved furniture and put it back, they did not. The installers complained from the outset and despite telling me it would take an entire day to do the two rooms, then on the day it took less than 3 hours. This may have been because they refused to move furniture. The installers left mess throughout my apartment. I will never spend another cent at Harvey Norman.

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Terrible Customer Service - Osborne Park Store

We were assured they could meet our tight time frame for installation so we paid the deposit. Once deposit was paid all communication ceased in terms of updating us.
Install of laminate floor was cancelled the morning of booked date and we had to call store owner to get a resolution.
Carpet wasn't even ordered and then went out of stock, had to source carpet elsewhere.
Very poor experience that left us out of pocket.

Sharon C

Sharon CIllawarra, NSW

Service and communication is appalling

Steve G

Steve GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stain master carpet

We purchased Smart Strand carpet about 7 years ago and have found that it still soft and wearing well. However after having the carpet cleaned every year we are finding that unlike the advertising where animals walk all over it and sleep on it, that the soiling didn’t come out. Harvey Norman staff were helpful in contacting the manufacturer and getting them to come to assess the carpet. After having the carpet professionally cleaned, the colour of the carpet didn’t improve ( still looked soiled ) The manufacturer has just told us to have the carpet cleaned again and that it is not the fault of the carpet. We would not advise anyone to install this carpet as it does not live up to it’s advertising.

Rayjay

RayjayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible service who sell you rubbish carpet

I had my apartment in St Kilda carpeted by Harvey Norman flooring at Watergardens in Victoria. I went in my apartment after carpet was laid down, only to be jabbed in my knee by a sharp object pointing out of the carpet. And now have found lumps coming up from my new carpet. I called Harvey Norman to have the problem fixed, and one month later I'm still getting excuses . Do not buy from these guys...happy to take your money, but no after sales service.

Iseewhatyoudidthere

IseewhatyoudidthereSydney, NSW

Do not use Moore Park for Flooring

Hunted around for a while to find timber flooring for our hallway to match our living area. Went to Harvey Norman and asked many a time "is this timber flooring" was told many times yes. When it came time to lay the flooring, halfway through installation, I am told by the installer " not this is manufactured flooring. I was not happy. The floor also creaks constantly. Will never use or recommend.

disapointed

disapointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely disappointed

On VIP night I was quoted $3600 for 2 rooms and the hallway. This went up by $1000 when the guy came out to measure. After I complained about the colour of the beading I was told if I wanted it to match I should have asked and was told it could be fixed for another $550. There was never any mention of beading prior to installation and I refuse to pay anymore money. I went to Harvey Norman as it's an Australian company and I expected quality service and installation. Extremely disappointed.

• +3

Poor Experience - Again!

Nathan

NathanDarling Downs, QLD

Smart Strand carpet

We installed Smart Strand carpet due to the sales pitch that it has a lifetime guarantee for stain & soil resistance.
The Smart Strand carpet is terrible- it had soiled in light traffic areas, and after only 2 years it looks like 20 year old carpet!
[Update 27/11/2020] We have complained to Harvey Norman who had the carpet professionally cleaned at their expense. Unfortunately there's no change to soiling or stains. No replacement had been offered. I.e. the so called warranty and guarantee is worthless!

See all Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist reviews

Corio

Corioasked

Harvey Norman Waterproof Flooring

Hello i got neptune essential flooring laid and the quad or beading they put around the floor is pine timber that you put for windows outdoor ,not for floors it looks cheap and nasty

Matt

Mattasked

Harvey Norman Carpet Flooring

Does smart strand carpet really come with a life time warranty? ?? Lots of un happy people. ...

Adrian

Smartstrand used a video of a ToughMudder race with finalists trudging soil all over a white carpet, only to be cleaned on the video and claims of CANNOT be stained.

In the ToughMudder video you hear claims from Mowhawk's representative - "no match for Smartstrand forever clean which was easily restored to its ORIGINAL BEAUTY"

Other claims " SmartStrand is an easy to clean carpet that stays clean. Durable, STAIN PROOF, soft and comfortable". Mohawk Flooring

Then there is the Rhino and later the Zoo challenge... Say no more beyond this is absolute misrepresentation.

We have a family of 5 and the marks from every day walking across are not removable How can they claim with visual representation that zoo animals cannot mark it? The SmartStrand carpet we bought based on these claims, looked like it was tired marked and old and in need of replacing within 8 months.

PLUS the Harvey Norman flooring sales team refused to accept and tried to shift blame to anything else, except acknowledging that the Mohawk carpet simply make and made untrue and false claims.

Harvey Norman could have done the only right and honourable thing (at NO cost to them as they'd pass it back to manufacturer), by saying it is NOT fit for the purpose and does not live up to the claims made of it and we'll refund or replace. They did neither.

We purchased for 4 rooms including a large lounge solely due to absolute assurances from the sales people that the “un-stainable” claims made were true.

1. The Smartstrand carpet purchase, was the worst decision we have ever made. And sadly, we cannot afford to replace it yet, and still have the worst carpet decision reminding us daily.

2. The second worst decision was where we bought from as a result of the after service. After literally a couple of months we wanted the disgusting carpets replaced after we'd had them cleaned and they remained with discolouration stains, were just dismissed and we were told we needed to engage a different carpet cleaning service.. which we did AT OUR ADDITIONAL COST - and even then the Harvey Norman referred carpet cleaner said it was poor quality carpet and the marks wouldn’t come out.

NB - Apart from anything else, if the carpet is claimed to be "the easiest to clean carpet on the planet" and is "un-stainable due to its scientifically proven nano-technology" - why is a special carpet cleaner required

Totally insulting untrue claims, ACCC should take action against all misleading and false claims.

MMMasked

Harvey Norman Carpet Flooring

Hi,
We ordered carpet recently however said that we were months away from installing. We initially asked for our deposit back because of incorrect measuring on our part and a price hike however came to an agreement. We picked a colour for purchase sake however now when asking we are told the carpet is ordered and we can't change the colour despite us saying we were months away and may change the colour????
We have paid a large deposit but not sure what to do as we know it will be a case of 'can't change your mind'...not sure why carpet needed to be ordered prior to use 100 percent confirming

MMM

So my question is can we request our deposit and cancel order there is nowhere on the invoice that says we cannot

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist representatives