Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Carpet Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Timber Flooring, etc...
See the Best Flooring Companies in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

• Job Satisfaction

Consumer
ConsumerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No after sales service

We had vinyl flooring laid in our kitchen in December 2020 through Harvey Norman Chadstone. The flooring was bubbling soon after it was laid and we can’t get it repaired. The flooring section of the Chadstone store has now closed and no one in Harvey Norman will take responsibility for this warranty repair. Staff contacted are pleasant but ineffective.

Floor Types PurchasedVinyl
Khamap
Khamap

Go to flooring professionals

Not the easiest to put in. Some boards were buckled so needed to be returned. looks good but now lifting in areas, so having to get help, the buck is being passed.

Lani
LaniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Helpful Service

I visited the flooring centre at Bundall twice and on both occasions was not approached by a salesperson to assist with my carpet choice. This was disappointing as I ha purchased from Harvey Norman in the past. I eventually went to a different carpet store.

Ben
Ben

Great product but appalling installation job!

We couldn’t fault Harvey Norman sales team at Moorabbin for our laminate floors . However the contractors they use left our home in an unbelievable mess . We have had floors done in several other properties and it’s always part of the contract of sale to tidy up . Our home was covered in saw dust from cutting the boards . Piles of off cut pieces were strewn throughout our home . The balcony where they used the electric saw to cut the product was inches high in dust ! When we were finally finished after many hours of unexpected cleaning , the finished product actually transformed our home . We simply wouldn’t use Harvey Norman again unless they change contractors !!

Flooring Companies

Find out how Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist compares to other Flooring Companies

Maria O.
Maria O.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible after sales service

They were quick to take my money & arrange installation, but the layers did a bit if a shoddy job. I gave feedback & asked for a resolution.
Couple of vague emails back n forward.
No resolution. I had to keep chasing them up & still no service.
I'm left with old blue carpet sticking out on top of my lovely silver carpet.
Unprofessional

Leanne
LeanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very nice carpet

I have been very happy with the carpet we were sold. It was on sale for a great price. The install was not as I would have expected, I called to have the installer come back as he had not stretched it over the nails on the edging. Looking at it today I still don't think it's ok . My carpet mats that I asked to have made from the only remaining piece were not all made. Mixed emotions about this big purchase.

After sales service appalling

Pre-sales service enthusiastic and helpful, however installation was sub-par and despite numerous complaints over the phone, by email and in person I’m still waiting for the problem to be resolved.

Harvey Norman Flooring THarvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Sorry to hear that you have not had a resolution.
Could you please provide the Store details.
Thanking you in advance,

Balgowlah

Honest Bob
Honest BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

New underlay not installed (until I complained)

Norm
NormTullamarine

Carpet purchase and installation

I ordered and was quoted for carpet well in advance of the installation date ( 19/11/2018). The installers arrived within the timeframe provided and commenced work. Unfortunately, they ran out of joinery tape (I think that's what it's called) and so only 3/4 of the installation was completed. I'm still waiting for contact for when the remainder gets done. Now ordinarily I might have been a bit annoyed BUT the installers did a really good job, provide good advice and I'm hoping for a quick return to complete the job. If the installation HAD been completed in 1 go, I would have submitted a 5 star rating.

Susan
Susan

Ten year warranty on carpet

Do not buy the cheaper carpet

I guess you get what you pay for but... You'd expect a carpet to hold it's color for more than a year and any slight spills of food or drink bring out an impossible to remove stain. The sub-contracted carpet layer did a shoddy job in the out of sight areas eg behind the open doors. Do not buy the less expensive carpet from Harvey Norman. I think they source their carpet from third world countries that use cheap dye.

Tam
TamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Harvey Norman Taylors Lakes very dissappointing Customer Service

I used Harvey Norman to recarpet my 3 rooms. No problems. Then I purchased a Wooden floor cleaner with a special mop for $100. I realised that I didnt need this item . I and took it back within 5 days to return it in its box with the seal unopended . I was told that there was no way I could get a refund. The manager was very insistent that even his mother would not get a refund if she brought a product back in. I was very disappointed with the way I was treated as I had given them a lot of business & I felt that I deserved a bit of consideration in this case as the item was not even opened . I was not told at the time of purchase that I would not be given a refund or a credit if I returned the product.

Harvey Norman Liverpool

We purchased laminate flooring and carpet from HN Liverpool back in 2016. Product is good, but our experience with the laminate flooring installers was the worst experience we have had in our life with trades people. Unprofessional, rude and disrespectful. Unless they have changed installers, I wouldn't use them. As great as the product is, would i choose to purchase if i could make the decision again, no.

Gayle GSydney

SmartStrand forever clean carpet

Absolute worst carpet .... bought the carpet from Harvey Norman 12 months ago and it is the worst carpet I have ever had ... we have 2 adults and a cat residing in our house ... spot stains I followed directions supplied with carpet as to how to clean ... waste of time and they were only minor stains. I had to have the carpet professionally cleaned this month .. steam cleaned ... still doesn't look clean .... as for vacuuming it is soooo difficult as can't move back and forth over carpet .... can only vacuum in one direction and that is towards you .... Do not even attempt to put this carpet brand in your home!!!!!!!!
Salesperson was good but shoppers need honesty when purchasing carpet ... we trust them to be the experts.

Harvey Norman Flooring THarvey Norman The Flooring Specialist
David Coultas
David CoultasMandurah

Avoid H N to save disappointment

H N Mandurah were paid in full 20 days in advance and install date and time was recorded on my receipt by the salesman. Time comes no fitter - ring up - fitter has gone pick something up then to another job. Not what the fitter said when he eventually came. No attempt was made to give me advance warning so my whole day was wasted and I had to make rapid arrangements to change my plans due to lack of customer service, incompetence and ineptitude. So, then he says I was on holiday abroad last week and I'm not up to speed yet, but this is Friday and he still hasn't got a clue, so just avoid this lot and spare yourself the lies and feeble excuses for providing a dreadfully unreliable service.

Bea T.
Bea T.asked
Harvey Norman Carpet Flooring

what is the cheapest carpet for sail a meter no loops would have to see what colours that price supply

Corio
Corioasked
Harvey Norman Waterproof Flooring

Hello i got neptune essential flooring laid and the quad or beading they put around the floor is pine timber that you put for windows outdoor ,not for floors it looks cheap and nasty

Matt
Mattasked
Harvey Norman Carpet Flooring

Does smart strand carpet really come with a life time warranty? ?? Lots of un happy people. ...

Adrian
Adrian

Smartstrand used a video of a ToughMudder race with finalists trudging soil all over a white carpet, only to be cleaned on the video and claims of CANNOT be stained.

In the ToughMudder video you hear claims from Mowhawk's representative - "no match for Smartstrand forever clean which was easily restored to its ORIGINAL BEAUTY"

Other claims " SmartStrand is an easy to clean carpet that stays clean. Durable, STAIN PROOF, soft and comfortable". Mohawk Flooring

Then there is the Rhino and later the Zoo challenge... Say no more beyond this is absolute misrepresentation.

We have a family of 5 and the marks from every day walking across are not removable How can they claim with visual representation that zoo animals cannot mark it? The SmartStrand carpet we bought based on these claims, looked like it was tired marked and old and in need of replacing within 8 months.

PLUS the Harvey Norman flooring sales team refused to accept and tried to shift blame to anything else, except acknowledging that the Mohawk carpet simply make and made untrue and false claims.

Harvey Norman could have done the only right and honourable thing (at NO cost to them as they'd pass it back to manufacturer), by saying it is NOT fit for the purpose and does not live up to the claims made of it and we'll refund or replace. They did neither.

We purchased for 4 rooms including a large lounge solely due to absolute assurances from the sales people that the “un-stainable” claims made were true.

1. The Smartstrand carpet purchase, was the worst decision we have ever made. And sadly, we cannot afford to replace it yet, and still have the worst carpet decision reminding us daily.

2. The second worst decision was where we bought from as a result of the after service. After literally a couple of months we wanted the disgusting carpets replaced after we'd had them cleaned and they remained with discolouration stains, were just dismissed and we were told we needed to engage a different carpet cleaning service.. which we did AT OUR ADDITIONAL COST - and even then the Harvey Norman referred carpet cleaner said it was poor quality carpet and the marks wouldn’t come out.

NB - Apart from anything else, if the carpet is claimed to be "the easiest to clean carpet on the planet" and is "un-stainable due to its scientifically proven nano-technology" - why is a special carpet cleaner required

Totally insulting untrue claims, ACCC should take action against all misleading and false claims.

See all Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist questions

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist representatives