Harvey Norman Questions & Answers

76 questions from our users

Mala M.

Mala M.asked

Harvey Norman

How can I check my purchase?

ben dover

the answer is on harvey normans web site

Idey

Ideyasked

Online

Am I able to purchase an air conditioner with installation included from Harvey Norman though I am a pensioner.
I can pay a deposit on the day.

man from mars
man from mars

jmichael d'angelo

jmichael d'angeloasked

Online

why do you continue to support the despicable alan jones with your advt $$$$? will never step foot in a HN store again so long as you support him.

Who knows Why dont you contact Harvey Norman & ask them

believe me i have on several occasions. actually even to my local store.

fred f

But you said you would “never step foot in a HN store again” !?
As you posted as ONLINE that means you will still buy online. Wow.
As you know it is pointless whinging here as HN don’t respond.
Good on you for writing to HN :)

Lisa K.

Lisa K.asked

Harvey Norman

It's bad enough you sell overpriced poor quality furniture, but why advertise with Allan Jones - women are you main customers and you are encouraging violence against women

fred f

Hi Liisa, So not a question but a Complaint that should have been directed to HN.

Ask Harvey norman

Ken S

Ken Sasked

Furniture

Is all Harvey Norman bedroom furniture complete for pick up or is it flat pack

ben dover

Ask the store if you want the correct answer

fred f

Why ask here when you could ask HN directly

Ilona

Ilonaasked

Harvey Norman

I am interest in buying a 65” tv at HM North Geelong...on line under delivery for my post code in Lara, it states free delivery...when I called to make enquires I was told not true, yet I have it in writing...I am a pensioner and don’t have a vehicle to pick it up and am paying enough for the tv...as far as I know, by law, you have to follow through with the ad...is this correct?

george

ask the store asking here wont you the correct answer

nitika a.asked

Furniture

My order hasn't been delivered after 9 weeks... I am tiered waiting and want to cancel it now. What are my options ?

Katriona
Katriona

You need to talk to them about the delay and find out if they are waiting on the product to be delivered to them to on deliver to you. They may have it stuck on the dock. You would be entitled to cancel I am sure but then you may have to wait a while for your new order. Talking to them would be the best resolution

Will I get my deposit back? Or they are entitled to deduct 20%

john smith

The logical thing to do would be to contact the store asking here wont give you the answer

nitika a.asked

Harvey Norman

Ordered couches from HN some 9 weeks back! 9 weeks... that's right... and the delivery is still pending with no confirmed delivery date. Any idea what are the policies around cancellation?? I am tiered waiting...

Marliesa
Marliesa

Couches take a long time .coming from overseas.i waited for 3 months for a chair

Mary H

Mary Hasked

Furniture

I bought a lovely sofa from EOFY sale in Cannington. Was delivered last week. No problem there. However it is just too big in the small living space I have. I have not used it at all. Can I return for a refund.

hammerhead

No they dont they only have credit 6 months interest free

Noor A.

Noor A.asked

Furniture

last 6 months, I bought bathroom vanity from Harvey Norman Liverpool.
Sale person told me this vanity is in warranty for one year.
and then I peace of mind and bought vanity with tap around 700 $
unfortunately but have some defect on material and after using all chick board pop it out,
Then when I claim warranty, to fix that issue, Harvey Norman guys said its water damage. It's not come out in the warranty. but on buy time Harvey Norman sale person said its come on waterproof warranty.
because vanity used in bathroom and water used on the bathroom. that's why I satisfied and bought, now they totally disagree.
Now sale person said you bought this vanity from FROME COMPANY, not for Harvey Norman, go and asked them not for us because the product belongs to FROME COMPANY, not for us.
but I gave money to Harvey Norman counter and I have the receipt. then what should i do???

jkl

Harvey Norman advised you to ask the FROME COMPANY ( whoever they are) so ask them

fred f

I assume you mean ‘chip board’.

Extract from ACCC website.
“The retailer who sold you the product or service cannot refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer”.

Show HN this and if they still refuse then contact ACCC for correct guidance.
Also record the times, dates and employees names who you spoke to and their advice for subsequent legal action.

ingrid

ingridasked

Online

Redemption? I purchased a smeg coffee machine, a milk jug & a matt. Received coffee machine only. Enquired & advised I have to redeem the product from smeg! Harvey, I have paid you for it? Why do I need to redeem it? First customer service mistake. 2nd mistake, I redeem products & advised 6-8 weeks eta. Harvey. You have rorted & hoodwinked me. Mothers day is well & truly done & dusted in 6-8 weeks time .. How bout being upfront about this eta. Not after your purchase? Looking forward to your reply

fred f

As you know HN don’t reply here. Please share their official response

george murray
george murray

contact harvey norman direct or ask in store

Pol
Pol

No point in doing that. The store says they can't help. The online phone line just rings out after an hour I gave up. The online chat is only helpful if it's in their job description otherwise they give you someone else to contact who dosent have a phone only an email. Last time I shop online at HN

S Basked

Hi there
I recently got the delivery of a three seater leather couch...it did feel right when we first made an order but after receiving the order..it doesn't feel right...isn't comfortable at all...especially when we both my husband and I have posture problem...Is there any solution to it such as how we can return it?Is it refundable?has just been 2 weeks since we got the delivery....who should I call for help.

fred f

HN does not respond here. The first step is to contact HN then ACCC.

S B

How should I get in touch with the HN customer service since I only got the answer saying call in the showroom which I had tried couple of times and felt disappointed so looking forward to someone who is here to help me.

george

call harvey norman customer service or go in store & ask, really the only two options or keep the couch.

Thomas J.

Thomas J.asked

Re Order # 2101842395.
Order placed 09/03/2019, and paid for, no delivery after 15 days!!!
Placed phone call to 0297636891, after holding 15 minutes pressed 0ne, as requested for callback, inserted phone number and have been waiting over 24 hours for callback. I certainly didn't expect this lack of service from Harvey Norman. Where is the order, and how much longer before delivery???

fred f

I hope you get resolution through the correct channels.

hardinlaw
hardinlaw

My same experience, stay away from HN online

Brea

Breaasked

Harvey Norman

I currently have a mattress on ‘layby’. I’ve paid a deposit but I have changed my mind on the purchase. Will I be refunded my deposit?

John Ang
John Ang

You should be able to get a full refund under existing laws. If for any reason HN refuses the refund tell them you will bring matter up to the Consumer Affairs.

fred f

You should get the correct information rather than rely on unfounded forum replies.

Suggest checking ‘Change of mind’ via HN website or Fair Trading website.

Jewels

Jewelsasked

Furniture

My partner purchased a bedroom suite (tallboy/sidetables etc) two years ago and it still smells awful. He thought the smell would go away but it hasnt. His clothes smell. The room even smells if the balcony door needs to be closed due to bad weather or we go away. we’ve tried everything from scented liners, furniture wax, airing them outside for a week. Nothing has worked. Has anyone else experienced this?

John

Johnasked

Appliances

Can an item bought at one Harvey Norman store (Dandenong - not yet delivered) be delivered to another (Swan Hill)? My circumstances have changed since purchasing the item (fridge).Thanks

winah
winah

you'll need to contact the store where you purchased your fridge and explain your new circumstances..

Troy

Troyasked

Electronics

Do you do pick up now pay later for tv's for how long?

fred f

This is not the HN website.
Suggest you contact them directly.

Johanna Robertson

Johanna Robertsonasked

Electronics

We brought a 75 inch tv on the6th of November for 2600 dollars and now find the same tv going for 2286 dollars.I believe that Harvey Norman has a policy that if the cost of a product is reduced within a short time frame that the price is reimbursed.Can you please let us know if this is correct or has there been a change in your policy? Thank you Jo Robertson

fred f

This is NOT the HN website.
Suggest you contact them directly.

jak

jakasked

Furniture

Bought dining table from Harvey Norman ALICE Springs less than 2 weeks ago. There was a tiny bit of polish gone from one of those corners. mishandling during transport. I didn’t bother that at all. Now table started to crack.little bit. Can you return this table to HN?

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman representatives