Harvey Norman

Harvey Norman Questions & Answers (page 3 of 6)

Online, Retail Stores

No they dont they only have credit 6 months interest free

Noor A.

Noor A.asked

Retail Stores - Furniture

last 6 months, I bought bathroom vanity from Harvey Norman Liverpool.
Sale person told me this vanity is in warranty for one year.
and then I peace of mind and bought vanity with tap around 700 $
unfortunately but have some defect on material and after using all chick board pop it out,
Then when I claim warranty, to fix that issue, Harvey Norman guys said its water damage. It's not come out in the warranty. but on buy time Harvey Norman sale person said its come on waterproof warranty.
because vanity used in bathroom and water used on the bathroom. that's why I satisfied and bought, now they totally disagree.
Now sale person said you bought this vanity from FROME COMPANY, not for Harvey Norman, go and asked them not for us because the product belongs to FROME COMPANY, not for us.
but I gave money to Harvey Norman counter and I have the receipt. then what should i do???

micheal

Harvey Norman advised you to ask the FROME COMPANY ( whoever they are) so ask them

Fired Up

I assume you mean ‘chip board’.

Extract from ACCC website.
“The retailer who sold you the product or service cannot refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer”.

Show HN this and if they still refuse then contact ACCC for correct guidance.
Also record the times, dates and employees names who you spoke to and their advice for subsequent legal action.

ingrid

ingridasked

Online

Redemption? I purchased a smeg coffee machine, a milk jug & a matt. Received coffee machine only. Enquired & advised I have to redeem the product from smeg! Harvey, I have paid you for it? Why do I need to redeem it? First customer service mistake. 2nd mistake, I redeem products & advised 6-8 weeks eta. Harvey. You have rorted & hoodwinked me. Mothers day is well & truly done & dusted in 6-8 weeks time .. How bout being upfront about this eta. Not after your purchase? Looking forward to your reply

Fired Up

As you know HN don’t reply here. Please share their official response

wingnut
wingnut

contact harvey norman direct or ask in store

Pol
Pol

No point in doing that. The store says they can't help. The online phone line just rings out after an hour I gave up. The online chat is only helpful if it's in their job description otherwise they give you someone else to contact who dosent have a phone only an email. Last time I shop online at HN

S Basked

Hi there
I recently got the delivery of a three seater leather couch...it did feel right when we first made an order but after receiving the order..it doesn't feel right...isn't comfortable at all...especially when we both my husband and I have posture problem...Is there any solution to it such as how we can return it?Is it refundable?has just been 2 weeks since we got the delivery....who should I call for help.

Fired Up

HN does not respond here. The first step is to contact HN then ACCC.

S B

How should I get in touch with the HN customer service since I only got the answer saying call in the showroom which I had tried couple of times and felt disappointed so looking forward to someone who is here to help me.

george
george

call harvey norman customer service or go in store & ask, really the only two options or keep the couch.

Thomas J.

Thomas J.asked

Re Order # 2101842395.
Order placed 09/03/2019, and paid for, no delivery after 15 days!!!
Placed phone call to 0297636891, after holding 15 minutes pressed 0ne, as requested for callback, inserted phone number and have been waiting over 24 hours for callback. I certainly didn't expect this lack of service from Harvey Norman. Where is the order, and how much longer before delivery???

Fired Up

I hope you get resolution through the correct channels.

hardinlaw
hardinlaw

My same experience, stay away from HN online

Leon G.
Leon G.

Did you get your order at all? If so, how long did it take?

Brea

Breaasked

Harvey Norman

I currently have a mattress on ‘layby’. I’ve paid a deposit but I have changed my mind on the purchase. Will I be refunded my deposit?

John Ang
John Ang

You should be able to get a full refund under existing laws. If for any reason HN refuses the refund tell them you will bring matter up to the Consumer Affairs.

Fired Up

You should get the correct information rather than rely on unfounded forum replies.

Suggest checking ‘Change of mind’ via HN website or Fair Trading website.

Jewelsasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

My partner purchased a bedroom suite (tallboy/sidetables etc) two years ago and it still smells awful. He thought the smell would go away but it hasnt. His clothes smell. The room even smells if the balcony door needs to be closed due to bad weather or we go away. we’ve tried everything from scented liners, furniture wax, airing them outside for a week. Nothing has worked. Has anyone else experienced this?

glenda547
glenda547

My husband and I bought a bedroom suite from Harvey Norman and we cannot get rid of the smell. They told us to leave all the drawers out but the smell is still there, we have tried everything to get rid of it. Anyone got any ideas?

Jewels

We spoke to the shop owner and after doing everything he suggested agreed to replace it. The new one, which is identical, has no smell.

John

Johnasked

Retail Stores - Appliances

Can an item bought at one Harvey Norman store (Dandenong - not yet delivered) be delivered to another (Swan Hill)? My circumstances have changed since purchasing the item (fridge).Thanks

winah
winah

you'll need to contact the store where you purchased your fridge and explain your new circumstances..

Troy

Troyasked

Retail Stores - Electronics

Do you do pick up now pay later for tv's for how long?

Fired Up

This is not the HN website.
Suggest you contact them directly.

Johanna Robertson

Johanna Robertsonasked

Retail Stores - Electronics

We brought a 75 inch tv on the6th of November for 2600 dollars and now find the same tv going for 2286 dollars.I believe that Harvey Norman has a policy that if the cost of a product is reduced within a short time frame that the price is reimbursed.Can you please let us know if this is correct or has there been a change in your policy? Thank you Jo Robertson

Fired Up

This is NOT the HN website.
Suggest you contact them directly.

jak

jakasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Bought dining table from Harvey Norman ALICE Springs less than 2 weeks ago. There was a tiny bit of polish gone from one of those corners. mishandling during transport. I didn’t bother that at all. Now table started to crack.little bit. Can you return this table to HN?

Viv

Vivasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Hi, how can i get a copy of the manual for my electric recliner? Need to find out how to lower it when the power has gone off...it is a coral bay kalama lou...works beautifully when the electricity is on.(grin) very hard to get out of during storms etc. barcode+115349; still have the tag from when i purchased it. Not sure which numbers on it will help you.

Fired Up

Sounds like you should be contacting HN directly.

Also you have a serious problem with your keyboard.

aleja

alejaasked

Retail Stores - Electronics

Can i ask a reprint of my receipt when I purchase my laptop last october 2018?

Nik

Nikasked

Harvey Norman

Do you accept after pay in store and online?

stanw

stanwasked

Online

hello. Imade order on line received confirmation number 2101686793. got on line chat was told it is in store at aspley in qld , but still not in transit, i have sent emails got no replies, dont expect much from this either. Please help?

Sue R

Sue Rasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

My husband and I have purchased a Synargy Reclining 3 seater Lounge suite. (The middle section folds down nto convert to a two seater, and has a power board installed. The power board has two normal power outlets and two USB ports. Neither of the USB ports are working. Also the control that makes the reclining function work, has to be double pushed to function. This didn't happen when first installed. Can this part be replaced without having to return the complete recliner couch to the local store? (There is a 2 year warranty on the electrical componants.

Tracy R

Tracy Rasked

Do you do layby?

Scotty B

Scotty Basked

Online

MY online order was cancelled so i was wondering when they usually refund? hoping they didn't just scam a teenager

Toony
Toony

Get your refund?

Ken. Hodson

Ken. Hodsonasked

Do yous do layby?
And what % do I need for $1.100?

bidolasked

Retail Stores - Appliances

Does Harvey Norman charge extra for a special order?

Fired Up

What did they say when you contacted them?

bidol

Yes they do charge extra for a special order,I asked them about a fridge that they didn’t have in stock and was told they would do a special order and it was an extra $300,I ended up going to the good guys.

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman representatives