Harvey Norman

Harvey Norman (page 2 of 160)

Online and Physical Store
2.3 from 3,190 reviews

Useless and waste of time

Ordered surface book online, two hours later got an email saying that my order got rejected. I wanted to know why it was rejected so rang the main number and email them without success. No one is there manning the phone. My card now charged with the amount without receiving the goods. Not so Australian at all. Felt being cheated and have reported it to my bank for a disputed.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Product care is a waste of time and money.

For more than a month I have had my phone away with product care and I am bounce backwards and forwards between the repairer the store and the product care call centre. After all the waiting they are now suggesting an exorbitant feed to replace a screen on an iPhone 6. It's not just the fact that it's not covered under the warranty but the fact that it is taking so long for them to action this but also they are all very quick to bounce me between the repairer the store and the product care call centre. One person needs to take responsibility and if they're going to sell an extended warranty they need to be more supportive of it. I'm tired of arguing with them but will never buy extended warranty from them again as I have wasted my money so I will just go back and use Australian consumer law for future warranty repairs

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Very easy to choose what I wanted

I found the site to be very easy to navigate and the fact that they always have live chat available it made it great for me to help identify what was the best TV for me based on my needs.

Product Appearance As advertised
Product PurchasedSony 55X7000D (55")

Younger people serving need to realise older people are not idiots

Harvey Norman’s employs lots of young people great ! But they should be talk when someone is asking a question about a technical issue not act so condescending and arrogant but maybe that’s the way they even speak to there own generation. And please learn to be focused on your customer.

Store LocationCannonvale

Bad flooring sub contractors

I agreed to a particular tradesperson to do my flooring, by chance I even met him at the Harvey Norman counter at Rutherford. On the day, 2 hours late they sent another tradesperson who did a very sloppy job, slipped with the stanley knife leaving gashes and didn't take the lino up to the wall. Did a crooked join which is very noticeable. I complained. They wanted to send him back, I said no as he left with it being to his acceptable standard & I am an old lady on my own who doesn't like angry tradespeople in the house. To find a solution they offered to send the right tradesperson to do the rest of the house and that person would fix some of the mistakes. On the day the good tradesperson took one look at the job and wouldn't touch it, said he was too busy but I am sure the reality was that he didn't think he should fix someone's mistakes. I totally understand this. Four weeks later there has been no follow up and I am still left with an area that has been laid very poorly. Harvey sent the wrong people to lay my lino and that is the issue that that they are responsible for. I will never use Harvey Norman again. No one should use this store for flooring.

Store LocationRutherford

It is well set out

There are some things that don't relate to me but overall it was well presented. I always seem to find what I'm looking for with a cost that suits my lifestyle

Store LocationHarvey Norman

I Just Want to Buy Something

I had a gift voucher which needed to be used at a particular store. I found a vacuum that was available online and available at others stores. Lady I dealt with couldn't locate the vacuum so palmed me off.

Store LocationCarindale

Salesman were most helpful from start to finish

Bought a Rennai Split System Air conditioner for a great price and had it installed the next day also for a great price. I used the store location in Cairns the salesman were most helpful from start to finish.

Store LocationCairns

DELIVERY OF FRIDGE CAUSED $5,000 DAMAGE TO TIMBER FLOOR UNTRAINED LABOURERS DELIVERING THEIR GOODS

We’re Very disappointed being out of pocket they clearly said we sell the goods we don’t care about delivery men who damaged your timber floor $5,000 to repair,thanks HARVEY NORMAN

We tried to have the store Manager come to meet us halfway with the damage however not interested he said no our problem we’ll how rude and disappointing is that after all the business I’ve sent to their stores over 20 years we have ourselves purchased over ten computers lounge suite fridges tv and even washing machines

Don't expect after store care

HN are fine if your product is functioning but if you have an issue then they are not interested.
Further, their delivery service will not carry items upstairs.
We also received a bonus ice esky with a large purchase - but when we went to have the items delivered a few months later the bonus esky had not been saved with the order and was no longer offered.

Shipped wrong product but refused to issue a refund

This has to be the worst of worst experience i have dealt with, they shipped the wrong unit which is much lower than what i paid for so contacted them countless times but no one has responded to my email. The customer service is non-existent, so i will never ever buy anything from crappy harvey norman and will let all my friends and family not to shop there.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Tech salesmen misleading customers for their benefits

Went to purchase a laptop 2 years back at the valley store in QLD and the salesman was actively pushing you to take up the Flexi Rent option claiming false things such as at end of term, you can offer as low as 50 dollars and also claim all of it on tax etc. Got sucked in and they dont even show you the contract to read at the time, they just apply, ask you to sign and off you go. now at end of term you get hassled with baloon payments and then you understand why they rush you and push you to these things(only for them to get more sales and nothing in this for the customer).

If you look at the flexi rent page, most complaints are from people who took from Harvey norman, dont know why you guys promote such day time robbery.

one word of advise to all, please dont go for the leasing option here.

Store LocationFortitude Valley

Don't expect warranty from Product care.Have had my phone for a month and now trying to excessively charge for repair

Product care is a scam and don't rely on it at all for value or support. So I tried to use the product care policy I bought for an iPhone 6 as the screen went funny. They sent it off and after more than a month of mucking around it is still not repaired. The store has me calling the repairer who has me calling product care who has me calling the store and so on. They are now claiming ( Unfortunately I cant verify) the screen is broken and hence why it has gone funny. If this is the case why has it taken a month to be at this point and secondly they claim I need to pay for it -but at 4 times the price of the local shopping centre repairer for a screen. Clearly the policy is of no value and for repairs they want you to pay for they rip you off with overpriced repairs.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationHarvey norman
Product Purchasediphone

Product Care is another entity from HN

Product care couldn’t found my computer in his system, so not help but the IT from the HN store yes . So not record from my previous 3 issues recorded.Best part there are not manager available to fix the trouble alwaysssssss always in a meeting more rubbish.
Harvey u are doing so well with the strategy = to rubbish for clients

Good Price

Got a really good price for my new TV. Sales people were really friendly. Team were willing to negotiate with cash payment. Will use HN again for my next TV purchase

Good value

Our most recent shopping experience at our local store ..being in need of a special furniture piece for a specific space was made so easy by a very professional salesperson .

Terrible after sales service

Feel trapped after buying a lounge and not being able to return it...since its not at all comfortable...i requested them many times immediately after receiving the item but in vain.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationAuburn

Convertion oven

Went to store found what I was looking for advertised at one price on the net $20 dollars dearer . supposed to have a sale on BE CAREFULL check the internet first

Store LocationBennetts green
As far as I'm concerned there full of it

Service was good

I selected the products i liked and their service was good without any hassle. The staff was ok as well and they did a price match for one of the product

Store LocationBelconnen

'FIRM' King Koil mattress is way too soft

We had high expectations of this Platinum Posture 'Bellagio 11 Firm' bed as King Koil gets good reviews. However it has been a disaster for us. Despite a 'firm' label we found it so soft that we both have bad backache as we sagged into the bed (and neither of us is big) . With no relevant return policy we are at a loss as to know what to do and it appears we have wasted a lot of our hard earned money. :(

Store LocationFyshwick ACT

last 6 months, I bought bathroom vanity from Harvey Norman Liverpool. Sale person told me this vanity is in warranty for one year. and then I peace of mind and bought vanity with tap around 700 $ unfortunately but have some defect on material and after using all chick board pop it out, Then when I claim warranty, to fix that issue, Harvey Norman guys said its water damage. It's not come out in the warranty. but on buy time Harvey Norman sale person said its come on waterproof warranty. because vanity used in bathroom and water used on the bathroom. that's why I satisfied and bought, now they totally disagree. Now sale person said you bought this vanity from FROME COMPANY, not for Harvey Norman, go and asked them not for us because the product belongs to FROME COMPANY, not for us. but I gave money to Harvey Norman counter and I have the receipt. then what should i do???
Harvey Norman advised you to ask the FROME COMPANY ( whoever they are) so ask themI assume you mean ‘chip board’. Extract from ACCC website. “The retailer who sold you the product or service cannot refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer”. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund#repair-replacement-or-refund Show HN this and if they still refuse then contact ACCC for correct guidance. Also record the times, dates and employees names who you spoke to and their advice for subsequent legal action.

Redemption? I purchased a smeg coffee machine, a milk jug & a matt. Received coffee machine only. Enquired & advised I have to redeem the product from smeg! Harvey, I have paid you for it? Why do I need to redeem it? First customer service mistake. 2nd mistake, I redeem products & advised 6-8 weeks eta. Harvey. You have rorted & hoodwinked me. Mothers day is well & truly done & dusted in 6-8 weeks time .. How bout being upfront about this eta. Not after your purchase? Looking forward to your reply
As you know HN don’t reply here. Please share their official responsecontact harvey norman direct or ask in storeNo point in doing that. The store says they can't help. The online phone line just rings out after an hour I gave up. The online chat is only helpful if it's in their job description otherwise they give you someone else to contact who dosent have a phone only an email. Last time I shop online at HN

Hi there I recently got the delivery of a three seater leather couch...it did feel right when we first made an order but after receiving the order..it doesn't feel right...isn't comfortable at all...especially when we both my husband and I have posture problem...Is there any solution to it such as how we can return it?Is it refundable?has just been 2 weeks since we got the delivery....who should I call for help.
HN does not respond here. The first step is to contact HN then ACCC.How should I get in touch with the HN customer service since I only got the answer saying call in the showroom which I had tried couple of times and felt disappointed so looking forward to someone who is here to help me.call harvey norman customer service or go in store & ask, really the only two options or keep the couch.