2Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Hawaiian Airlines? Claim your listing.
Paul V
Paul V

We ( 7 of us ) are flying with you from Sydney to Hawaii, onto LAX back to Hawaii and returning to Sydney. My 7 yo grandson who is part of our group is Autistic. What programs, support do HA have for passengers with Hidden Disabilities?

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Why would you ask reviewers?

Chelize

What is the food for the adults on the flight from Sydney to Honolulu

Chelize

My kid is 9 years old and I don’t know if I should get her the kid meals or the adult meals. We are doing Sydney to Honolulu and no return as we are taking a cruise back. Could anyone tell me what food they had from the adult meal when they went

Patricia h
Patricia h

I had travel insurance covering trip to Hawaii. I broke my left foot have been given doctors clearance to fly. Does travel insurance cover upgrade

Chelize

If your travel insurance is up to date then it should cover it. Also in some countries travel insurance is different from others.

Elwyn Munsie

Is there in-flight entertainment included on flights from Honolulu to Sydney?

Buckwheat
Buckwheat

Yes. Seat-back screens....Pretty wide variety of movies, music, flight progress, etc.....

Elwyn Munsie

Many thanks for your reply.

Kazza
Kazza

Does the flights from Sydney to Honolulu flight HA452 and Honolulu to Sydney HA451 provide inflight entertainment screens on the back of the seats?

Krump
Krump

We have booked business class seats for myself, my husband and our 2 year old daughter. She will have her own seat but I am wondering what menu she will get? I would hate to spend all that money only to have her eat chicken nuggets.

Paul C
Paul C

We booked seats on a flight from Sydney to honalulu and return through a third party and when we checked on the Hawaiin airlines website, our seats weren't allocated and we have to find new seats after everything is already taken. Is this usual?

snooky
snooky

I am flying, KAUAI-HONOLULU - BRISBANE, all in the space of depart KAUAI at 11:41am arrive HONOLULU 12:15pm then have connecting flight to BRISBANE at1:20 pm, I know my luggage is booked straight through, but is there a transit lounge or do I have to go through personal scanning again? will I have time?

PeteL
PeteL

Unfortunately you will need to go from domestic to the international part of the teminal which has a diferent screening.

Rod
Rod

You will need to go through a scan at Honululu airport US are pretty tight on security

Michele Misiewicz

Wondering if there are any good customer service stories with this airline? Booked - and paid for - flights from Sydney to Hon - Hon to LAX - LAX to Hon and Hon to Sydney - used a company that I now realise has a pretty dodgy record to book all this - my husband and daughter ended up flying from Hon to Canada and despite the airline knowing they weren't using the Hon-LAX leg they've cancelled the remaining flights due to no-show and expect me to pay extra to give me back the flights I didn't cancel??? I know they've been bankrupt a couple of times - and generally when people/businesses have this type of track record they know how to scam people (eg "we can change our rules at any time") - but must admit I was blind sighted by this scam! Like I said - any good customer service stories out there??? Does the leadership have any integrity or not?

Lozza

My brother and his wife had a travel agent do their bookings, HA seted them separately at different ends of the plane and refused to reseat them, then lost their bags!

They had to return early from holiday and had the same problem with seating! Two weeks before my trip.

Can't believe they get away with this ...

Dear Michele,

I'm not sure about parts of your story. How did the dodgy booking company affect the travel? Why did your husband and daughter fly to Canada from Hon. when they were booked to go to LAX? If it was a cheaper economy ticket then it doesn't permit changes or no shows and the airline, while being bloody minded, is within its rights to cancel it. In general you need to disabuse yourself of the notion that airlines operate to serve their passengers. Despite what they might claim they organise themselves to run at a profit and at their convenience and passengers are of secondary consideration. Sometimes airline staff go out of their way to help but others simply toe the company line and do little for passengers. Lozza's brother in law needed to have his travel agent check the seat allocation-this is easy to do- and not turn up at the airport trusting it would be ok. In fairness to Hawaiian you can easily change your seats on line with them for free unlike QANTAS and BA who charge $30 a seat. Unfortunately travel sites and newspapers are full of stories of travellers being screwed over, in various ways, by all airlines, and getting no satisfaction from them.

Michele Misiewicz

Family flew on a separate airline ticket to Canada - advised airline prior to boarding from Oz they wouldn't use the second leg but pick up in LA onwards. And yes I have learnt about this "no show" rule and it seems they choose to apply it even if they have been advised that the leg is not being used. But I am also of the position that this rule evidences Collusion between all the carriers. Understand that a similar scenario went to court in Peru and the airline lost - I guess they couldn't prove what loss they incurred by the passenger not using a leg of the ticket. Profit is fine - completely unethical behaviour simply to max profit isn't fine. I have spent many hrs dealing with the airline who claims I shouldn't deal with them - and the agent claiming the same thing. The best airline rule is "we can alter the rules at any time". Maybe that means that we really need more regulation as we don't know the difference between right and wrong!!! haha

Peter B.

Yes all of the airlines belong to the same cartel in which passenger rights are not a high priority and the rules suit themselves. Your travel agent sounds like a dill.

Michele Misiewicz

hahahaha Well What can I say? Very tiring trying to sort it out while family overseas travelling and trying to deal with commitments. Oh well. Live and learn. And try to ensure others don't have to endure the same problems involving the same people.

Michele Misiewicz

An afterthought: you don't happen to work for an airline do you? Or associated in some way with one? Your response seems so pro airline and anti agent whereas the reality is both are at fault but I can't get over the absolute greed. Like I said it's collusion to even have a "no show" rule as there is no loss incurred by the airline if a passenger doesn't use a leg - they're not being asked for a partial refund for that leg - they still got paid for it and made money. Absolutely no ethics! Even their own staff don't all agree with the policy and (if the leadership has any awareness at all) companies like this wonder why they have problems with their work culture!!!!

Peter B.

No I don't work for an airline and I'm not sure why you think my comments are in any way pro-airline. I travel a reasonable amount and am aware of the problems of dealing with airlines although when they do the right thing they should get credit e.g. not charging you to change your seat at Hawaiian compared to QANTAS and its greed. Also the no show rule is common throughout the industry so that Hawaiian is no greedier than any of the others but there is no valid reason for any of them to have it.

Michele Misiewicz

Yes it would appear that the "no show" rule is common throughout the industry. And yes given that there is no loss incurred by the airline there is no valid reason for its existence. Hence, why I say it evidences "Collusion". Collusion is not legal - the concept has a clear definition - and despite the attempt to legitimize it as "a rule" it doesn't make it legal. The rule has no moral or ethical compass.

This point needs to understood by the masses - and legislators. And the situation needs to be changed.

A genuinely even playing field would even allow the ticket purchaser to on-sell their unused ticket "leg" with "reasonable" fees associated with transferring it paid to the airline. A regulated exchange site could be created to ensure legitimacy of transactions to protect the consumer. OMG imagine real competition in this market!!! Shake shake shake 'em up!!!!

And yes - of course - if Hawaiian do the right thing I'll give them credit for doing so - because they'll deserve it - just like they deserve what I'm currently dishing out. :)

Shirley L Jones
Shirley L Jones

Clearly you don't understand the construction of an airfare and the monetary values associated to it's make up - and that's usual as it is a very complicated process. The fare, with one leg removed, changes the whole construction, therefore costing, of the fare/ticket. At all times the ticket segments must match the booked and flown segments or the system can not match your electronic data - again more complex than you make it sound. More importantly, is that the air ticket is actually a legal contract and so needs to be adhered to - by both parties (airlines are bound by an international charter). So what sounds like a simple "I won't be flying that leg" is really much more complicated and binding.

Michele Misiewicz

Actually I definitely do understand the entire process and the collusion that exists between the airlines to ensure that they do extract as much as possible from the client - hence why that contract is created in the first place. I paid for the ticket - I should be able to do what I want with that ticket - and the only reason why I can't is because of collusion and greed. As explained to the airline - show me your losses incurred through me not using the ticket - and they couldn't - because there were no losses. And as explained to the airline - imagine going to McDonalds and buying a burger and walking outside and ditching the pickle and then having someone take the burger from you and asking for twice as much because you didn't eat the pickles! McDonalds wouldn't get away with it - but if every burger place did they would. At the end of the day their true spirit was more than evident - they said the difference between the ticket you bought and us now reissuing the ticket we cancelled (even though you didn't ask us to cancel it) is x as it will cost more today for the same ticket - and when I looked at what I paid vs what the current price was it turned out they owed me money - so I asked for a refund - guess what happened next? They said let's call it an admin fee then instead of current going rate - and I said let's call it outright stand over tactics and unethical business practices - and I won - and we paid no extra - because I was right. Justice and honesty isn't that complicated - unless you want it to be. Clearly we can agree to disagree on our ethics :)

Betty Bee

Has anyone flown Brisbane to Honolulu Business Class? Do they have the flat beds yet and is it worth the extra money?

Lozza

I flew premium economy right behind business class, no flat beds in business class, I wouldn't pay the extra as I don't think it would be worth it...

The flight crew on one flight were shockers!

Peter B.

No flat beds on Hawaiin and Lozza is right business class would not be worth the money.

Betty Bee

Thanks Lozza & Peter B. I heard the flat beds were coming out in the second quarter of this year, we are travelling end of June, Bris to Vegas, Vegas to Honolulu, Honolulu to Brisbane. Best flight times, prices, minimal stopover times and first class internally (USA) thought it might be worth our time.

Lena
Lena

Are blankets and pillows included with main cabin economy seats?

Lozza

I was premium economy, 1 small cushion and yes I think we also got a small blanket...

Peter B.

Yes a blanket and pillow on the international flight. Not sure about the domestic flight

Phil53
Phil53

Does Hawaiian Air have a business class lounge in Brisbane?

fred smith
fred smith

if the do they will treat you the same with broken down planes leaving you to sleep on airport for 32 hours with no refunds or compensation much safer to fly Qantas I will never fly Hawaiian airlines again

Sal P
Sal P

You can always try Jetstar. I assure you my experience with them is NO better. Cancelled flight after 24 and left all passengers to fend for themselves!!

Desda007
Desda007

What plane flies from Brisbane to HNL? Is it an A330? Are the seats comfy and do they have screens on the back of seats..also how many meals are served?

Cheers

Sjt
Sjt

I paid for extra comfert seat.. So mine were good.. Yes screens are on back of seats.

Think out was A 330"I flew can't remember, sorry

Lozza

I paid for extra comfort seat, very hard to recline and still hard and uncomfortable.... All you get is extra leg room.

craig79
craig79

Are blankets and pillows standard for everyone on your flights?

Carmel Holmes
Carmel Holmes

Gloverman
Gloverman

On Sydney to Honolulu A330 flight do exit row 34 seats have a window ???

Carmel
Carmel

Have no idea I sat in row 44 where there is 2 seats only they wrre great.

Tashi
Tashi

Does business class have the beds ?

Craig Southin
Craig Southin

No, they don't have beds. Not really worth the money foe business class.

Marcothepolopony

Hawaiian Airlines do not have lie flat seats, they simply recline to such a position that is uncomfortable and your feet swell, try Jetstar - they might. And they are cheaper.

fayzee
fayzee

I can't see a business class on the 330 and have booked seats in row 12, are these classed as business class. We paid an extra $140 for them. Do we get any toiletries and blankets in these seats?

Marcothepolopony

Hi, Yes, you get a blanket but I did not recieve any toiletries in row 13. Served your meals early. Near the Galley too from memory. Ensure you use the toilet just before disembarking, its a long walk to the Terminal! Enjoy the service.

Colleen James
Colleen James

We are travelling next month from Bris to Honolulu and onto Kauai, will our bags automatically go onto our Kauai flight or do we have to collect them and check them in again? Thanks :-)

J Munro

We flew from Kona back to Honolulu at 6.30am and then on to Brisbane later that morning. We checked our bags in at Kona and didn't have to re-check them in Honolulu - just picked them up in Brisbane ..:) have a great trip.

Sargent Wilson
Sargent Wilson

What is business class comfort like on Hawaiian airlines? as we're planning a flight from Brisbane to Honolulu.

J Munro

To honest - it depends which plane they use - see if your travel agent can check for you.... The older planes are comfy but the newer ones are roomier, are better appointed - and the food was better as well....