2Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines Questions & Answers (page 2)

Brand Manager for Hawaiian Airlines? Claim your listing.
Nickelodeon1224
Nickelodeon1224

We are flying Sydney to Oahu - 9.20pm - and we are wondering what time do they deliver meals? Thanks for your help!

suzyq

In our experience you will get a snack and drink as soon as the steep climb stops (30 mins?) followed by dinner within the hour. You will be no more than 90 minutes out of Honolulu when breakfast comes round, about 9:30 am their time but your body clock will say MUCH earlier, about 5:30 am, so well timed. You will love Hawaiian, they really have the Island spirit.

Colleen James

Sorry but just reading Reviews, can you please tell me if any of these complaints have been addressed? Bit worried about lack of help from Staff at Honolulu Airport :-(

suzyq

I'm not sure these complaints are even justified. We had an enormous amount of luggage - had been bear watching in northern Canada, so everything from swimsuits to thermal underwear carried in our luggage - the lady who checked us in spread our four large cases onto four scales and helped us balance the load so that it all fell within their 70 pounds per case limit. I cannot speak too highly of their staff, both on the ground and in the air. Perhaps those who had a bad experience are just a bit painful themselves?

Colleen James

My husband needs extra leg room, is there a 'best seat' to try to book? He also gets a bit claustrophobic :-( we're flying from Bris to Honolulu, thankyou

J Munro
J Munro

I can only suggest an aisle seat near the exit door so he has clear space around him. There is good height space within the plane - and I feel that the seating is not as tight as on Aussie domestic flights, Hope this helps..

EK1912
EK1912

Is it worth the extra money upgrading from economy to business class on HA??? and does anyone know if you can upgrade to business class at check-in for a discounted price???

suzyq

Nope, but extra comfort class is certainly worth the $110 each way.

Stephen Mathews
Stephen Mathews

how do I join Hawaiian Airlines membership

On their website

Susie Barrington
Susie Barrington

Has anyone flown from Las Vegas to Hawaii with Hawaiian Airlines?

fred smith
fred smith

yes waited 30 hours at vegas broken down plane left to sleep on floor paid voucher for meal $29.00 no service to people about when plane will be fixed cost me my hotel booking as it was paid for lost 2 days of my holiday offered $300.oo credit only if i fly hawiian which wont happen back to qantas

jackie
jackie

We are flying in September and on our ticker it says snack, can someone tell me what is the snack are we best to take some food on board? Thanks Jackie

Wayne Worlock

A packet of chips/biscuit with a drink

Neil Houseman
Neil Houseman

We received a full meal for dinner when we flew from Brisbane, then breakfast before we landed

In Hoholulu, so I don't think you need to worry about taking anything extra.

G.C.Roberts
G.C.Roberts

we are flying to Hawaii on the 14th of September and my wife has coeliac disease and cannot eat wheat or gluten products. My question is what food is she allowed to take on board the plane and to Hawaii to eat or does the menu have any thing she can eat,

Wayne Worlock

We did not try to pre book meals or enquire about taking own food, insaying that I would advise trying to pre book meals if possible and then make the choice. I will advise the menu in economy class was restricted to a main meal of no choice! hope this helps

Regular traveller from P
Regular traveller from P

We found the same situation that Wayne reported. We suggest that you pack yourself some food in SYD and returning to suit yourselves. There is certainly no restrictions on taking food on board, however you should not take any food off the aircraft either in Hawaii or returning to Australia unless you declare the same to Agriculture officers in both countries

Judith Schwerdt
Judith Schwerdt

What is the name of the movie you showed with the Duke in it? I flew out of Sydney on the last flight on the 13/6/13.

Barbara

Sorry I was only a passenger on flight and did not watch any movies. Barbara

Sylv
Sylv

I am a little concerned about the self serve checking in when leaving Hawaii. Could anyone explain so we are forewarned and prepared. Thanks Sylv

Barbara

Do web check in up to 24 hrs prior. Then at airport don't line up go to self serve check in kiosk and print out luggage tags. Attach to suitcase and take to luggage drop off point. Straight forward but staff around should you have a problem. Allow time to get thru customs. Barbara

maybs
maybs

My husband and I are going to Hawaii flying with Hawaiian Airlines in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me if they provide pillows on the overnight flights?

Sharon

gailipoo

Hi Sharon, We flew from Sydney overnight to Honolulu and they provided pillow, blanket and sleep mask. I'm pretty sure they provide all those things on every flight. Enjoy Hawaii.

MarinaEJ
MarinaEJ

We are flying to Hawaii in November 13 from Brisbane. I have an invalid card, and have problems sitting for long periods. I have a medical certificate for my condition, and with Singapore, JAL, KLM etc I get bulk head seating, as this gives me room to be able to extend my leg. Is this the case with your airline?

gailipoo

Hi - I think you have the wrong idea about me. I do not work for Hawaiian Airlines, I simply wrote a review on our flights with them. I think you are able to use the bulkhead seats but I think it costs more. Not really sure, as I wasn't interested in paying extra. You would need to contact Hawaiian directly. Good luck, hope you love Hawaii as much as we did.

Gail

Marcothepolopony11

Yes! They are very accommodating.

Gra

Contact your travel agent and have them explain to Hawaiian Airlines what your needs are. I travelled with another three people last September and two of us have bad knees which meant we required aisle seating so we could stretch our legs out. Hawaiian Airlines had no problem helping us with this request.

lucy66
lucy66

How many Bags of luggage & what weight is allowed from honolulu to sydney?

gailipoo

Each adult is allowed 2 items of checked luggage each up to 32kgs as far as I know.

Gra

As gailipoo said, 2 bags up to 32kg each per passenger. Overall external dimensions of each piece (length + width + height) should be no more than 62 inches (157cm).

One piece of carry-on luggage is allowed with a weight limit of 11.3kg and overall external dimensions of 114cm. In addition to the carry-on passengers are allowed one personal item such as a laptop, briefcase, purse or backpack or similar item.

Any further information re baggage can be found on Hawaiian Airlines website.

Be aware that bags over 32kg will not be accepted.

suzyq

Yes, 2 X 32 kg, plus 11 kg in carry on; and they are VERY accommodating within those limits. To get my checked baggage under their weight limits I was allowed to carry the usual carry on, PLUS a large bag of airport purchases, plus my 6 kg tripod. Their allowances are the best in the air, and having things in Airport carry bags from the shops there doesn't hurt either. I think we each had (conservatively) 75 kg on the way home last trip.

Gwen Drummond
Gwen Drummond

I am flying to Honolulu 27 September 2013 from Sydney.

What aircraft does this route and can I see a picture of the inside of the seating arragement.

gailipoo

Hi, I am not really positive what sort of plane we were on - think it was the A330. You can probably find this out from whoever you booked with. I think on seatguru.com you can see the layout.

Enjoy.

Marcothepolopony11

Check your plane type, then ask to be seated in the Handicapped section, to the left as you enter the plane, you will be happy there, enjoy/

Gra

Yes, usually the Airbus A330-200. Each passenger is supplied with a blanket, pillow, eyeshades and headphones for the personal entertaiment system in each headrest.

suzyq

Airbus A330 - go to Google images and search on Hawaiian Airlines A330 - you will see heaps of photos inside and out.

Sel Hardy
Sel Hardy

My wife and I and another couple are flying Brisbane to Honolulu on 13th February. Has the fleet from Brisbane been upgraded as the last two times we flew HA in business class the aircrafts was 'very tired'.

We are flying economy this time as the extra cost of business class cannot be justified.

As I am 6'1'' will I be able to arrange exit seating for the 13th February flight in advance.I would appreciate your reply. Cheers.

gailipoo

I'm envious of you all. When we went in Nov they hadn't started flying out of Brisbane yet. We flew out from Sydney and came back straight to Brisbane. The plane from Sydney was newer than the one we flew from Honolulu to Brisbane in. The one coming home didn't have personal screens, whereas the A330 [I think] from Sydney did have them. My husband is taller than you and it was a little tight - but manageable. I do not know about exit seating I'm afraid. I'd ask Hawaiian Airlines. I haven't been able to be of much help unfortunately. If you check with Hawaiian they should be able to tell what sort of aircraft they use out of Brissy. Let me assure you though it's much much better not to have to go via Sydney Airport. Apart from being slightly cheaper, you save about 7 hours of travel/waiting around time. Have a wonderful trip.

Marcothepolopony11

....being a Canberran, I cannot answer. Sydney is my point of embarkation. Wonderful planes.

Shazzajoy
Shazzajoy

On Hawaiian Airlines flight Honolulu to Brisbane, do they have any TV screens that hang from the ceiling and show TV programs, if you don't want to hire one of their DVD players?

gailipoo

Hi, Yes they had 1 screen in the section we were in, and they were playing movies. I really would recommend paying the $15 and getting the Digiplayer. It has tv shows, movies etc to choose from. We may have just been unlucky and gotten an older aircraft. I'm not sure what sort of aircraft they fly regularly on this trip.

Kiwi traveller
Kiwi traveller

I will be flying Syd-HNL shortly. Are there any seats in economy to accommadate a walking frame?

Andrea MelbourneAustrali
Andrea MelbourneAustrali

I am not sure about your request but the planes are very confortable and I am sure the staff will accomodate you when you get to the check in counter, perhaps speak with your travel agent or ring Hawaiian.

Marcothepolopony11

Yes Kiwi Traveller, the row directly behind Business, Row 10 has lots of room for a walking frame, particuarly the centre 4 seats, should be no trouble for the Airline.

Fay Odams for John Odams
Fay Odams for John Odams

Why did I have to pay $100A for my bikebag when it only weighed 15K and was included in my baggage allow. When I asked they said that was what I had to pay if I wanted the bike to go! Not acceptable as an explanation. I have travelled by Hawaii and so have my parents,and have been satisfied and as this was my honeymoon trip so it wasn't a good start and I am not impressed, is someone on the "take" I would like an explanation please.As I am now enroute to Hawaii my mother is writing this on my behalf.

san29
san29

I have no idea why they would have charged you that Hawaiian airlines is in Honolulu why not give them a call and find out i can only think that it was not travel bags i can under stand you being upset $100 is a bit much to pay out of your spending money but do ring them it is only local call and at most hotels this is free so good luck and try to enjoy your holiday

Trisha92
Trisha92

Bikes, surfboards etc have to be arranged prior to be taken on your flight, even if the ticket's terms of conditions says it is okay. If you booked the ticket online, go into where you manage the booking and often there is a tab/option for "special arrangements". Often in there you can then select adding a body board or bike or vegetarian meal to your booking. Otherwise If you don't do that, you turn up to the airport like this person did and get slugged $100 based on the weight of the bike being considered "excess baggage". If you cannot find an option to add the additional "special arrangements", ring the airline directly prior to departure. Hope that helps :-)