2Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines

2Hawaiian Airlines
2.6

32%14%54%
Brand Manager for Hawaiian Airlines? Claim your listing.

Sid Brisbane
Sid BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Needs to improve

Having flown with Hawaiian Airlines on quite a few occasions, in all classes (Business, Premium Economy and Economy) on a recent flight to the USA mainland I noticed a distinct drop off in the level of service and the quality of food served. My original flight with them back in 2012 on the inaugural flight ex Brisbane to Honolulu, and for the next few years I couldn’t fault their food or service, but this last flight both over and back was a severe disappointment. Maybe with their increased popularity they are struggling to maintain their previous high level of service but on recent form I’ll be looking elsewhere for my USA flights.

Alan
Alan4 posts

Maybe we were lucky??!!

After reading the negative reports on this airline we were not anticipating a good trip. However, both HA444 and HA 443 fights proved to be OK. Yes, we paid extra for "Extra comfort" and this we got - plenty of leg room, pillow and blanket. Yes, the food was not first class and the service was average but you get what you pay for. Beer, wine and spirits available on both flights, you have to use the call button to get the attention of the cabin staff, but service was prompt and helpful. My TV did not work and a staff member went and got me an Ipad so I could watch the movies. All in all I would say value for money.

George
George

Flight HA 0444 to Hawaii

Flight HA 0444 was delayed for technical problems for half an hour then another hour, and another hour, and another hour and again another hour. Then it was cancelled leaving every one in a bad way. They gave us locals 2 cab vouchers, onreto take us home and one to go back to the airport the next day. We arrived home and gavethe cab driver the voucher. He told us it was expired. The date it had expired was 4 month ago. I had to pay $80. These vouchers were given to all the locals. Can't wait for what we hear today from everyone. This mob were not professional.

Tried to call them to find out how to get reimbursed but got nowhere. They gave me a website address and told me to make a claim there.

Peter
PeterPerth, WA13 posts
AHussain
AHussainSydney, NSW2 posts

My honeymoon experience to Hawaii

I took a trip to Hawaii for the first time ever for my honeymoon with my husband. Somehwere I had planned to go since I was a child. The island is beautiful and the people are lovely. Unfortunately the staff and customer service wasn't. We were left hungry both on the way and back as they couldn't provide a vegetarian meal even though I had checked double times both ways. no effort was made to provide substitute food and the staff has very little concern. The 9 hour flight was a struggle and we will not be flying with them again. After complaining we received 100 credit with the airline. Not sure how this helps me?

Alan T
Alan TSydney5 posts
Gaz
Gaz

Broadcom
BroadcomIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Quite reasonable

We have just returned from our trip to Hawaii. I would just like to make a few points from our experience.

1. Extra comfort seats are worth the money. I had a good nights sleep and enjoyed the extra room.

2. The plane left on time and boarding was well done in plenty of time.

3. Cabin service is below par for a full service airline. The meals were very basic with no choices. Take your own snacks!

4.The cabin staff seemed disinterested in service. We had one friendly lady.

5. The aircraft seemed older than Im used to . But it got us there!

6. Dont have expectations of a top airline then you will not be disappointed!

Stressed and Annoyed
Stressed and AnnoyedBrisbane

Cynthia
CynthiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

wendlle
wendlleAU49 posts

So far very good

Can't get thru on the phone but their online chat service is superb. Haven't flown with them yet but had to change our flights due to pregnancy. Paid the $200 per person (x3) fees and then filled out the medical fee waiver form and within 3 weeks received an email and refund of the fees.

Extremely helpful!! And we can't wait to fly and enjoy our trip to Hawaii next month.

Travelbug
TravelbugSydney3 posts

2oopz
2oopzBrisbane3 posts
Zorba
ZorbaPerth

dapper
dapperSydney12 posts

Staff have poor knowledge of policies and customers are held accountable

Very dissapointed in hawaiian airlines.

When leaving for hawaii, the man that checked in our baggage told us that we could bring as many bags as we like as long as it was under 64kg per person. Based on this advise we purchased more bags and did a lot of shopping, however upon leaving honolulu we were charged an additional $150 for each extra bag. What a scam!

The check in manager suggested that if we want the correct information we should call their call centre 3 to 4 times to check rather than relying on what we are told by their staff at check in.

grace.boland
grace.bolandVictoria18 posts

The worst airline I've flown with in 35 years of O/S Travel

Booked a 14 day package deal to Honolulu. -- they chose HAWAAIN airlines. - it was from Melbourne - had to go via Sydney ,the planes both ways seemed so old ,the smallest hardest seats ,food terrible ,first time I have ever found crew to be unfriendly ,really only saw them when serving lunch and dinner. -- not like other airlines who come around with water or snacks etc -- worst of all the FOOD TROLLY was so dirty ,could see the grime - hadn't been cleaned for years I don't think. - I did feel at all times safe which is the main thing -- but would never fly with them again

Crocodile
CrocodileAU30 posts

Good service, puncture, and nothing to complain about

My family of 3 (including a 3 years old) recently flew the airline to Honolulu, via Brisbane on the way out and Sydney on the way back. Both flights were pleasant. Nothing fancy, but comparable to other premium airlines including Qantas, Air NZ and Cathay. Some people complained about the timing of dinner on the Honolulu to Sydney flight. I believe it was timed based on Sydney time, which was at about 6PM local time. The dinner itself was a bit simple - just 2 sandwiches. Would I fly with them again? absolutely!.

Mai L
Mai LMelbourne

Unsafe and Uncaring Airline

As a frequent flyer I find Hawaiian Airlines to be the most uncaring and unsafe airline in the world. I suffered a near fatal injury on board their flight from Hawaii to Sydney and the staff could not give a damn!! Hawaiian airlines staff including the Captain have no idea how to deal with difficult situations on board to alleviate passengers anxiety when unforeseen events occur. Fly Hawaiian airlines at your own risk as it is the most unsafe and disorganized airline in the world !! etc...

Sara
SaraSydney3 posts
Yow
YowGladstone3 posts

Food is diagusting, i lost items in my baggage and they dont want to pay for it

Boarding no not to recommend and will be last tym to board on this airline, i lost items in my baggage and hawaiian airlines did not pay for it

Scambuster

jal8 posts

oldtimer
oldtimer

drink policy

flew HA443 over 9.30hrs nothing to drink before hand, I requested 3 cans over that period while watching movies, to be told in no uncertain terms 2/30 hrs. out from bris. THATS IT. im 72yrs never have I been spoken to like that before, (never again) HA that just cost you $1600 in the future.

Rod
Rod5 posts

Very average

Plane was clean but forget any leg room .Staff are not friendly they just do there job meals are basic dink service is poor I asked for a soda water didn't even get one of their small cans just half of a plastic cup. Try asking for another drink. Better off trying another airline because customer service is very poor don't know if jet star are any better but will think twice before booking with them again

PeteLMelbourne5 posts

HA not putting the new A300 on the Sydney/Brisbane to Honolulu

I find it totally inconceivable that HA has decided to placed the upgraded A300 aircraft with Business class flat bed seats on the five hour flight from Lax to Honolulu instead of placing them on the ten hour plus red eye flights from Sydney/Brisbane they are beginning to lose competitive ground against Qantas, Air N.Z and a like.

PeteL

Since writing this review, if you notice Hawaiian Airlines has not given a reply this says a lot. Give them a wide berth, go with another airline.

Annoyed passenger
Annoyed passengerBrisbane

TERRIBLE!!!!!

Our flight from Brisbane to Honolulu was delayed one hour. Finally boarded aircraft before being told there would be another hours wait as paperwork needed to be finalised. Finally departed Brisbane 2 hours behind schedule. Approx 1hr and 20mins into flight captain announces we are headed back for Brisbane due to mechanical issues. Once arriving back in Brisbane there were no ground staff to direct us. It has now been 14+ hours since our flight was due to depart and they cannot tell us when the flight is to be rescheduled. Not an ideal start to our honeymoon!! I would recommend flying with Jetstar even if it is a little more costly!

Michele Misiewicz
Michele MisiewiczSydney, NSW37 posts

Stew C
Stew Cbrisbane

Lozza
LozzaSouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts

A bit of a joke!

Staff were unhelpful, surly and not friendly...

Velocity air points were not available after being told I would earn them.

Food was average at best and drinks service was hard work, offered once only.

Will never book with them again and will advise others not to.

They have such a lot to improve on

Peter B.
Peter B.Sydney7 posts

marklinman
marklinmanSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Marliesa
Marliesa13 posts

Great thanks

I hurt my knee last day of my holiday, HA 443 was outstanding ,from the guy allocating the seat to the on board staff, ,thank you

fred smith
fred smithSouth East Queensland, QLD30 posts

Broken down plane in las vegas

Flight no ha7 Las Vegas on 14/2/2015 left passengers to sleep on air port while staff and pilots were put up in hotels because of broken down plane for 32 hours costing hotel bookings in Honolulu plus losing 2 days of my holidays with no compensation 2 airlines. I will not travel or recommend Cebu airline who does not refund when they cancel flights oe Hawaiian airline who don't compensate with broken down planes.

Elva Churches
Elva ChurchesAU3 posts

NEC
NEC

Sjt
Sjt4 posts

Carmel Holmes
Carmel Holmes2 posts

food intolerances/food allergies not catered for

I am very disappointed to find out just days before my departure that Hawaiian airlines do not cater for people with food intolerances or food allergies. I have been told that I will need to supply my own meals(I am celiac) and take the chance that I will be allowed to get through customs with it. I can't believe that, in this day and age, with so many people with dietary requirements, that I am in this predicament. Won't be travelling with this airline again.

Carmel
CarmelSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Great Flight

I was so worried about this plane as I have never flown with Hawaiin Airlines. We flew to Honolulu from Brisbane and I was amazed that the plane actually left 15 mins earlier than scheduled. The flight was great and so was the service, the food was good and so were the movies. I thought the seats were comfortable. I would definately fly with this airline again.

Marcothepolopony