1.3

7% · 23327 · 93%
Brand Manager for Hays? Claim your listing.

Dave C.
Dave C.Southern and Hills, SA

review

cannot think of a worst recruitment company.Terrible service, rude management, terrible interview skills and really bad communication. Wouldn't even give them one star.
Waina
Waina

Adnan M.
Adnan M.Sydney, NSW7 posts

Absolutely waste

They are there for data gathering I guess. Asks for CVs and then no response whatsoever. I am convinced that there is something dodgy behind these recruitment agencies and agents. They are there for HR purposes
Jimmy
Jimmy

Waste of time

Don't bother with this mob they don't even return calls or emails
Seveso
Seveso

Very poor backup service both to the customer and client and have been paid a week late on both occasions

I have been unable to contact my representative for five days
Kevin
KevinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service and waste of time

Went in for an induction for a role, only to get ignored, not a single roster, email or phone call. Emailed them asking back about the situation of whether I would be working. Received no response whatsoever. It has now been a few days since I've send the email. Absolutely wasted my time in thinking I got the role when in fact I could've spent that time where they've been ignoring me to look for other jobs. This agency abuses their power and wastes people time so they take as much commission from you as possible.
David
DavidSydney, NSW6 posts

Dont waste your time

Terrible racist organization...they micro manage and tell you word for word what to say, there are looking for robots not human beings. Very uncomfortable experience
Glenn Farrington
Glenn Farrington3 posts

Useless

Stay away from hays it's a joke they offer you shifts only to find Indians and Chinese stealing your shifts for a lower pay rate and longer shifts what's happened to Australia sad
Bo Z.
Bo Z.8 posts

Rude and a real joke as a recuitment agency

During the conversation, they becomes very rude and actually commented that I "f*king wasted their time" after I told them my expectation of the salary and not willing to lower it.

Can you believe this?

OOh wait. It is actually they f*king rang me first and I didn't even submit any job application to them.

Remember you are only goods for them to sell. Avoid recruit agents and apply to potential employer if you need to directly.

Craig S.
Craig S.Perth, WA2 posts

Can’t give less than one star unfortunately

I have still yet to be paid for two weeks ago. No-one in payroll will sort it out. All goes when we’ll when the online timesheet goes through but if not forget about getting paid
review090186
review090186Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed
DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst agency experience

Few experienced Consultants, with many having have no prior job experience and just out of Uni.

No transparency with regard role requirements and they don’t care if the role you are performing falls well outside the original scope.

You are a “number” to them and they are not interested after placing you in a role.

Deepika S.
Deepika S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

Recruitment agents who don't know what they are doing!!

My partner was asked to report to work twice but given WRONG INFORMATION about what was expected of him.
They don't seem to know anything about roles in the construction industry and call clients prior to confirming with the construction site.
This is bad form because there are specialised roles in construction that require people to have experience using equipment.
CBRJO
CBRJO

Amateur clowns

Having dealt with recruiters from an innumerable number of human resourcing and employment recruitment firms across a number of states and territories - both as an employer and candidate, I can without doubt say Hays are the absolute pits. Literally couldn't find a light bulb in a light shop kind of inept. They pester you, waste your time, have next to no idea about the client, role and perks of any job they're being paid to flog, and leave both parties (the candidate and potential employee) wondering why on earth anyone in their right mind would waste their money and/or time on quite possibly some of the most cluelessly aloof clowns by agreeing to engage in such an utterly substandard recruitment service in the first place.
June D.
June D.

Not helpful in getting people job

They dont know what they are doing and they can't face people!
Helper
HelperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC22 posts

Waste of time

One of the worst recruitment agencies they will interview you waste a lot of your time doing that and this and finally don't even hear back from them if you know some one is not competent for a role why do you waste their time if that's another agency they will check the candidate details prior to interview and follow the process not just after doing everything and more over they will send you texts again that roles available but don't respond if we need to know more about it and I even got calls that whether im interested in a role after asking for information didn't respond
All I can say is waste of time

Donna Kent
Donna Kent

Too hard to contact

Absolutely no customer service at all.... Hardly any corresponds and normally it's myself chasing up my next swing. Never answers phone and your lucky if an email is answered.
Don't waste your time go through another agency
fburley
fburley

Unprofessional recruiters who are like used car salesmen

Unreliable recruiters who promise you reliable positions, but set you up with unprofessional, cowboy companies. After being promised that I would be found a position, I was never contacted again. Stay away from Carl and Brogan, who are very deceitful, along with Hays!
James H.
James H.South East Queensland, QLD

My experience

Hays promise to return calls and fail to do so. It appears that there is big turn over of staff indicating then a very poor service regime, This refers to Brisbane Office.
Nick S.
Nick S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Geelong branch - I might as well not have tried

Signed up and called in a few times. Each time I was told that Rebecca would call back, but she never did. I came here wondering if I'd be a rare case, but the almost 1 star rating, and all of the other reviews, would suggest not.
Lil K.
Lil K.2 posts

Poor customer service

Geelong office. Showed very little interest during our original interaction. Not responsive and do not reply to messages. There was no follow up and not helpful when searching for new employment.
LinkedinUser
LinkedinUser2 posts

Unprofessional and unconscionable recruiters (HAYS Melb)

HAYS recruiters search for your information online and through linkedin. Then proceed to using scam-like tactics to get you to become their client. It is clear they have KPIs they need to hit, and they do not care about your employment prospects. You are better off directly applying for roles with the organisation you want to work for than going through a recruiter like HAYS. Their employees have questionable conduct issues and they are not in any way professional nor respectful towards you. Please think twice before returning their voicemails/emails etc. and save yourself some energy.
hello
hello

Ann Doe
Ann Doe

Recruiters that ghost you

Had a horrible experience with a recruiter when using Hays to secure a job when relocating overseas.

Pleasant enough when putting me forward for a role and set up an interview which had gone extremely well. Poor timing since it was right before Christmas break but then proceeds to never contact again despite multiple emails and phone calls. Had to contact the interviewer to try get an update on the interview. Utterly unprofessional. A rejection is completely fine to inform instead of resorting to never replying to emails or picking up/returning phone calls.

What an embarrassment of a recruitment firm.

Gilded W.
Gilded W.8 posts

Likely breaching sham contract laws

Openly state on their website that they don't provide leave entitlements, which are legally required under Australian employment law (unless you're a legitimate sub contractor or casual). They've offered a 12 month contract which works out to be significantly below industry salary and expected salary for 20 years experience. Turn around and say also no sick leave or annual leave because you're a "contractor", not a fixed term/permanent employee (pretty sure a 12month stint is fixed term).

They've lied about the company they represent ordering work laptop already and have pushed the start date back by a month.

Such a pity they seem to have most advertised vacancies online.

Blue
BlueGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts

Horribly unprofessional

I went to their head office for an initial interview. Afterwards they told me to go into a separate room to do a computer test and they'd meet me there. 30 min later no one had shown up. I went out to see if anyone was coming and they said 'oops we forgot hahah. We'll email it to you instead'... They never did. So unprofessional and unapologetic. They didn't care that they'd made me wait for nothing. Will never use them again.

Thea B
Thea BCanberra 2600, ACT

Where is my super?

I got a temp job through Hays Canberra. My assignment was for a few weeks but in the meantime I managed to get a better job elsewhere. I told Rebecca my agent that I was leaving the temp job and well, she wasn't happy. But can you believe, they put my super in their default super account. I distinctly remember filling out the form for my chosen super account. How screwy! I even lost some super money in fees.
Pass
PassSurry hills15 posts

Do literally nothing

Two times I have signed up with them, and both times they have never contacted me. Also my friend told me one of their workers decided to hit on her and ask her on a date. And he knows all her info from the resumes and etc. So professional, using your job as a Tinder profile lookup.
Lachlan M
Lachlan MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts

Find Somewhere Else

Had one consultation with one of their recruiters, told me they’d help me find a job. This was 6 months ago, haven’t heard from them since despite emailing them multiple times.

Absolutely do not recommend!

Suz
SuzSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Mike C.
Mike C.South East Queensland, QLD10 posts

JJ Rei
JJ Rei

Not amazing

Really hard to get in contact with if you miss a call, takes a tonne of back and fourth. After screening I was offered an interview with the hiring company via Microsoft Teams, had to take the day off my current job to attend as there was no flexibility with scheduling and I missed out on the interview because the person managing my application didn’t actually send me the link or respond to any correspondence in the lead up. Hardly apologetic when I finally got to speak to him and no real accountability for wasting my time.
Bun C.
Bun C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hays: Career Danger Zone!

I am still wondering why on earth did I ever trust this agency?
No transparency at all. Don’t believe the lies of Hays, the job from the jobsite is very much different to what you will do. It is a bait. Don’t fall for it. They won’t help you get away from it, instead they’ll ignore your pains and stress from the job they offered, as long as they get money from you, who cares about your mental stress. That’s how Hays is. A career suicide!
Liz
LizSydney, NSW4 posts

Career suicide

I should have never gone with Hays. It was a career suicide. Never got a decent job booked but only the ones nobody wanted. When the schools can't find a teacher they call Hays.
Rod Galley
Rod GalleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service

Horrible experience with Hays Gold Coast office.
Couldn't make it into work, was abused and berated by Hays staff member Sophie McHenry over the phone.
She wasn't interested in my reasons why although I contacted them 3 hours prior to work saying I wouldn't be in.
Amateur and childish behaviour.
Barbara
BarbaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good experience, helped my career!

I had a very good experience temping with Hays ( Melbourne). Alice * did a very good job in providing me with opportunities.
I really recommend Hays, they were lovely with me. There was one instance I was upset because a client had cut the assignment short, they were very good and helped me find another assignment!
5 stars!!!!!

Ruth P.
Ruth P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worst and unprofessional recruiting company ever

[Name Removed] and [Name Removed] and mostly everyone in this recruitment team is the worst [Name Removed] unprofessional, says he will call but never gets back to you. Never replies to emails. Just sends you a job to do the assessments and then never checks in. I’ve tried multiple times to contact him and nothing [Name Removed] said they will keep my resume on file but keeps sending me jobs and I reply to them and then nothing after that they are unprofessional unreliable and don’t know how to do there job I will not be recommending you to anyone and I will never wanna work through them two !!!
J.A.M
J.A.MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

The worst recruitment agency in Melbourne

Well well, what can I say, they are the worlds worst rudest unprofessional mob of clowns. They don't have any respect for you as a candidate. I have had a really bad experience from the clowns at Moonee Ponds in Melbourne, they speak to you like a child, you get told off for the most smallest things. Stay away from this circus mob! They play games!
Rick
RickCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very aiding and helpful

Hays staff in Bendigo have been very supportive in future employment, l feel they Focus for outcomes career paths and goals.
I have received ongoing aid if my current employment ends.
Mike
Mike

Bad workplace, bosses watch you like vultures, you cant relax at all

Not recommended, if you have options go elsewhere, money and location is good that's about the only thing. They dont have a proper onboarding process and do not give any time to relax during work hours.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Hays? Claim your listing.