TigerShark QC, TigerShark

• Pool Size
Lee DWYER

Lee DWYERPerth, WA

Great unit.

We bought this unit 5 yr ago and has been the best pool cleaner ever. It broke a side cover roller support a while back but I bought a new one and replaced it along with 2 new rollers and filters. It climbs the wall and the steps and does and excellent job all round.

Purchased in March 2015 for A$1,400.00.

James C.

James C.Perth, WA

Broke down after 2yrs - Expensive to fix

We purchased this just over 2yrs ago and all of a sudden, stopped working. Took it to the repair shop - $800 for the motor + another $300 for parts and labour. The cord tangles regularly and the lid is difficult to open. It is also heavy to pull out of the water. I would not buy thin again. After sales service in Perth were less than helpful. Didn't climb the walls very well either.

FrustratedConsumer

FrustratedConsumerPerth, WA

Waste of money

I purchased this 2.5 years ago, loved it came with a 3 year warranty. After 6 months it died, it was repaired. It worked once, it died. I took it back and was told dont leave it in the pool too long, so it was repaired and I used it once and it died again. This time I was told dont leave it out of the pool or in the sun too long. I used it once and it died AGAIN. Its still within its warranty but Im probably better off throwing it away. If you can afford to buy one every 6 months then its epic, but after its failed it will never be the same. The blue filters are a good investment too.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$2,500.00.

Robotic Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hayward TigerShark compares to other Robotic Pool Cleaners

Peter Lavars

Peter LavarsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

tiger shark review

I have had a creepy crawly and a barracuda. as soon as the saw a big leaf or a twig they gave up. Honestly this tiger shark is terrific. I have a monstrous gum tree over hanging my pool and it drops crap in my pool year round. I love this robot. I understand some people expect miracles but don't say its useless because that's not true.

Purchased in May 2019.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Performance is OK, very poor durability

Sorry Hayward, the product doesn't match up to your marketing. The machine has broken just after 3 years of well-maintained use (requires a new motor). Repair cost exceeds $1200, and the response from Hayward is a polite 'tough luck'. Sold as a high-end robot, the durability is anything but. My recommendation is to steer clear and buy according to reliability.

Purchased in August 2016.

JurekSydney, NSW

I should have bought this years ago

Purchased in September 2018 at Poolwerx for A$1,800.00.

Danny

Dannyasked

TigerShark

The bottom cover keeps coming loose and all the debris it picked up falls to the bottom of the pool. Very poor design. Do you have any ideas to eliminate this problem ? Maybe something to wedge under the clip

Miranda Marron

Miranda Marronasked

TigerShark QC

my Tigershark (TS)seem to struggle to climb my step/ledge that runs the length of my pool and into a shallow area that is still deep enough to cover the tiger shark with water. The TS is completely cleaned out so not too heavy to climb and has had this issue since we purchased last December. Is there a way to fix this?

Jurek

Well, I have to ask, did you check back with the pool shop that you bought it from?
In the meantime, there are a couple of ways of adjusting the water flow through the machine.
Both described in the manual.
The 1st is the restrictor plate on top of the machine. If the machine does not climb, removing it may help.
Next we have the "high velocity inlet". having this in place increases the velocity across the gap, so the suction is greater, but the volume of water is decreased.
So hard to predict if this will help. No harm in trying with it installed or not.
I have found that running the machine for 4 hours gives best results (rather than 2 lots of 2 hours).

Rasheed

Rasheedasked

TigerShark

Should the tiger shark be left in the pool after it has finished cleaning and the filter has been cleaned? Thanks.

Andrew
Andrew

No... it is best to keep it out of the pool and out of the sun, and whilst I don't do this every time myself, it is a good idea hose it out after use. Sun and Pool chemicals will affect the life of the machine -- it is plastic after all.
The arm on my machine did break off recently -- lucky it was still under warranty so they replaced it.
The other reason not to leave the machine too long in the pool is because you will be leaving the leaves which has collected under water also... this will cause phosphorous build up.
My machine is still keeping the pool very clean though -- so still happy with it.

gfzw
gfzw

Totally agree with everything Andrew said. Mine is 3y old and never had an issue. The reason to keep the caught leafs out of the water column extends to skimmer box and filter too. The smell often attributed to clorin, is really the smell of cloramin, i.e. the result of clorins action on the amino acids in leafs, rather clorin itself.

Compare all 2 Hayward TigerShark