TigerShark QC, TigerShark

• Pool Size
VAN

VANSydney, NSW

very bad equipment and service

I bought the machine from Pool and Spa Warehouse 4 days ago. The salesperson recommended it is an excellent robotic cleaner. I paid $1699.00 for it. However, it was dead when opening the box. The power supplies does not work.
Took it back to the seller, the man told me that many people complained about the power supplies but he cannot exchange. I will be sent for repair. I I was told there is a problem with power supplies I would not buy it.
This is a brand new cleaner that did not work even one second and I could not exchange. I am really disappointed at the sale and service. I do not have any confidence in Hayward machine.

Purchased in April 2021 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $1,699.00.

Robo-Tek Robo-Plus

Looking for Robotic Pool Cleaners?

Read the reviews for Robo-Tek Robo-Plus

Ad
FrustratedConsumer

FrustratedConsumerPerth, WA

Waste of money

I purchased this 2.5 years ago, loved it came with a 3 year warranty. After 6 months it died, it was repaired. It worked once, it died. I took it back and was told dont leave it in the pool too long, so it was repaired and I used it once and it died again. This time I was told dont leave it out of the pool or in the sun too long. I used it once and it died AGAIN. Its still within its warranty but Im probably better off throwing it away. If you can afford to buy one every 6 months then its epic, but after its failed it will never be the same. The blue filters are a good investment too.

Purchased in February 2017 for $2,500.00.

Performance is OK, very poor durability

Sorry Hayward, the product doesn't match up to your marketing. The machine has broken just after 3 years of well-maintained use (requires a new motor). Repair cost exceeds $1200, and the response from Hayward is a polite 'tough luck'. Sold as a high-end robot, the durability is anything but. My recommendation is to steer clear and buy according to reliability.

Purchased in August 2016.

Robotic Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hayward TigerShark compares to other Robotic Pool Cleaners

Useless

Terrible product, spends more time climbing walls than picking up debris from bottom and ledge area. Machine has broken protective coverings over pool filter inlets. All in all a waste of money that has not made pool maintenance any easier, and as well as damaging pool, the cleaning job is inferior.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Gregori L.

Gregori L.Platteville, WI

Useless

It took 20 minutes for the TigerShark QC to get stuck on one of my two drains the first time. I then took it out of the pool, and added the plastic "increased suction" piece to the bottom of the unit which the manual advises may help with this problem.

In the middle of the very first cleaning cycle after that, it got stuck on a drain again, and was spinning in circles on the drain. Each time it spun around, the cable became more tangled. I can only imagine how destroyed the cable would have been if I had not been there to turn the unit off.

I packed it up and returned it. Useless piece of garbage.

C in Sumter

C in Sumterasked

TigerShark

My shark is about 6-7 years old. A few weeks ago, when I start it , it runs for a few seconds and stops. After starting it two or three times it would finally keep going for the entire cycle. Now I have tried about fifteen times and it will only run for a few seconds and stop. What's up? Thanks

Robert Gray
Robert Gray

Very sorry C in Sumter, but I have not experienced that problem. Its possible some small leakage may have occurred in the motor/control housing. You will most likely have to go to the people you purchased it form or directly to TS as I don't recommend opening that unit.

Danny

Dannyasked

TigerShark

The bottom cover keeps coming loose and all the debris it picked up falls to the bottom of the pool. Very poor design. Do you have any ideas to eliminate this problem ? Maybe something to wedge under the clip

Miranda Marron

Miranda Marronasked

TigerShark QC

my Tigershark (TS)seem to struggle to climb my step/ledge that runs the length of my pool and into a shallow area that is still deep enough to cover the tiger shark with water. The TS is completely cleaned out so not too heavy to climb and has had this issue since we purchased last December. Is there a way to fix this?

Jurek
Jurek

Well, I have to ask, did you check back with the pool shop that you bought it from?
In the meantime, there are a couple of ways of adjusting the water flow through the machine.
Both described in the manual.
The 1st is the restrictor plate on top of the machine. If the machine does not climb, removing it may help.
Next we have the "high velocity inlet". having this in place increases the velocity across the gap, so the suction is greater, but the volume of water is decreased.
So hard to predict if this will help. No harm in trying with it installed or not.
I have found that running the machine for 4 hours gives best results (rather than 2 lots of 2 hours).

Compare both Hayward TigerShark