TigerShark QC, TigerShark

• Pool Size

Is better than competition but could still better

Purchased in April 2020.

Robo-Tek Robo-Plus

Looking for Robotic Pool Cleaners?

Read the reviews for Robo-Tek Robo-Plus

Ad
James C.
James C.Perth, WA

Broke down after 2yrs - Expensive to fix

We purchased this just over 2yrs ago and all of a sudden, stopped working. Took it to the repair shop - $800 for the motor + another $300 for parts and labour. The cord tangles regularly and the lid is difficult to open. It is also heavy to pull out of the water. I would not buy thin again. After sales service in Perth were less than helpful. Didn't climb the walls very well either.

Peter Lavars
Peter LavarsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

tiger shark review

I have had a creepy crawly and a barracuda. as soon as the saw a big leaf or a twig they gave up. Honestly this tiger shark is terrific. I have a monstrous gum tree over hanging my pool and it drops crap in my pool year round. I love this robot. I understand some people expect miracles but don't say its useless because that's not true.

Purchased in May 2019.

Robotic Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hayward TigerShark compares to other Robotic Pool Cleaners

JurekSydney, NSW

I should have bought this years ago

Purchased in September 2018 at Poolwerx for $1,800.00.

Wouldn’t buy another one

We’ve had ours for about 2.5years. Stopped working after a month, and had to have it replaced. Worked well for about 6 months then had to bring it back. They replaced the external cables. It stops working for no reason and then will start again after afew days. We have a square pool, and constantly gets stuck in corners or on steps. Spent about $150 getting the tracks replaced because they kept coming off. That still happens and pushes the trap door clips open, so when I take it out of the pool, all the crap falls out the bottom back into the pool. For $1500 spent, I expected it would last 5 years..... going to have to replace it over the holidays. Not a happy customer

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Jimmy
Jimmy

this is an excellent robot..... highly recommend

The quality and customer service of this product is so good it has lead to my second review. My robot (Ronnie) has worked hard for 5 years with very few problems, 1 broken track and some new filters is all the repairs needed. The track broke 2 months after warranty finished 1 phone call to Haywood and a new one was sent asap at no cost. Truly a great cleaner!

Date PurchasedJune 2012
Robo-Tek Robo-Plus

Looking for Robotic Pool Cleaners?

Read the reviews for Robo-Tek Robo-Plus

Ad

Great until it all went wrong

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

3 years life

C in Sumter
C in Sumterasked
TigerShark

My shark is about 6-7 years old. A few weeks ago, when I start it , it runs for a few seconds and stops. After starting it two or three times it would finally keep going for the entire cycle. Now I have tried about fifteen times and it will only run for a few seconds and stop. What's up? Thanks

Robert Gray
Robert Gray

Very sorry C in Sumter, but I have not experienced that problem. Its possible some small leakage may have occurred in the motor/control housing. You will most likely have to go to the people you purchased it form or directly to TS as I don't recommend opening that unit.

Danny
Dannyasked
TigerShark

The bottom cover keeps coming loose and all the debris it picked up falls to the bottom of the pool. Very poor design. Do you have any ideas to eliminate this problem ? Maybe something to wedge under the clip

Miranda Marron
Miranda Marronasked
TigerShark QC

my Tigershark (TS)seem to struggle to climb my step/ledge that runs the length of my pool and into a shallow area that is still deep enough to cover the tiger shark with water. The TS is completely cleaned out so not too heavy to climb and has had this issue since we purchased last December. Is there a way to fix this?

Jurek

Well, I have to ask, did you check back with the pool shop that you bought it from?
In the meantime, there are a couple of ways of adjusting the water flow through the machine.
Both described in the manual.
The 1st is the restrictor plate on top of the machine. If the machine does not climb, removing it may help.
Next we have the "high velocity inlet". having this in place increases the velocity across the gap, so the suction is greater, but the volume of water is decreased.
So hard to predict if this will help. No harm in trying with it installed or not.
I have found that running the machine for 4 hours gives best results (rather than 2 lots of 2 hours).

Compare both Hayward TigerShark