TigerShark QC, TigerShark
See the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hayward? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pool Size

Absolutely Useless

Worked poorly, didn’t clean as well suction cleaner that it replaced and electrical failure a month outside warranty. No backup and no support very frustrating. I gave up. Don’t touch this product.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,500.00.

be aware TigerShark QC is Terrible product

I had the aquavac 500 and was extremely happy with it until something went wrong 18 month later (to bad because it was an excellent robot). They told me they had a lot of issues with it so they gave me the TigerShark Qc and like bloody fool I accepted the offer and "Oh, boy! " what a peace a JUNK. I will never spend one dollar with HAYWARD again but I guess the Joke is on me.

Purchased in July 2018 for $1,800.00.

VAN
VANSydney, NSW

very bad equipment and service

I bought the machine from Pool and Spa Warehouse 4 days ago. The salesperson recommended it is an excellent robotic cleaner. I paid $1699.00 for it. However, it was dead when opening the box. The power supplies does not work.
Took it back to the seller, the man told me that many people complained about the power supplies but he cannot exchange. I will be sent for repair. I I was told there is a problem with power supplies I would not buy it.
This is a brand new cleaner that did not work even one second and I could not exchange. I am really disappointed at the sale and service. I do not have any confidence in Hayward machine.

Purchased in April 2021 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $1,699.00.

Is better than competition but could still better

Purchased in April 2020.

Lee DWYER
Lee DWYERPerth, WA

Great unit.

We bought this unit 5 yr ago and has been the best pool cleaner ever. It broke a side cover roller support a while back but I bought a new one and replaced it along with 2 new rollers and filters. It climbs the wall and the steps and does and excellent job all round.

Purchased in March 2015 for $1,400.00.

James C.
James C.Perth, WA

Broke down after 2yrs - Expensive to fix

We purchased this just over 2yrs ago and all of a sudden, stopped working. Took it to the repair shop - $800 for the motor + another $300 for parts and labour. The cord tangles regularly and the lid is difficult to open. It is also heavy to pull out of the water. I would not buy thin again. After sales service in Perth were less than helpful. Didn't climb the walls very well either.

FrustratedConsumer
FrustratedConsumerPerth, WA

Waste of money

I purchased this 2.5 years ago, loved it came with a 3 year warranty. After 6 months it died, it was repaired. It worked once, it died. I took it back and was told dont leave it in the pool too long, so it was repaired and I used it once and it died again. This time I was told dont leave it out of the pool or in the sun too long. I used it once and it died AGAIN. Its still within its warranty but Im probably better off throwing it away. If you can afford to buy one every 6 months then its epic, but after its failed it will never be the same. The blue filters are a good investment too.

Purchased in February 2017 for $2,500.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Peter Lavars
Peter LavarsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

tiger shark review

I have had a creepy crawly and a barracuda. as soon as the saw a big leaf or a twig they gave up. Honestly this tiger shark is terrific. I have a monstrous gum tree over hanging my pool and it drops crap in my pool year round. I love this robot. I understand some people expect miracles but don't say its useless because that's not true.

Purchased in May 2019.

Performance is OK, very poor durability

Sorry Hayward, the product doesn't match up to your marketing. The machine has broken just after 3 years of well-maintained use (requires a new motor). Repair cost exceeds $1200, and the response from Hayward is a polite 'tough luck'. Sold as a high-end robot, the durability is anything but. My recommendation is to steer clear and buy according to reliability.

Purchased in August 2016.

Jurek
JurekSydney, NSW

I should have bought this years ago

Purchased in September 2018 at Poolwerx for $1,800.00.

Wouldn’t buy another one

We’ve had ours for about 2.5years. Stopped working after a month, and had to have it replaced. Worked well for about 6 months then had to bring it back. They replaced the external cables. It stops working for no reason and then will start again after afew days. We have a square pool, and constantly gets stuck in corners or on steps. Spent about $150 getting the tracks replaced because they kept coming off. That still happens and pushes the trap door clips open, so when I take it out of the pool, all the crap falls out the bottom back into the pool. For $1500 spent, I expected it would last 5 years..... going to have to replace it over the holidays. Not a happy customer

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Quieter Achiever

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jimmy
Jimmy

this is an excellent robot..... highly recommend

The quality and customer service of this product is so good it has lead to my second review. My robot (Ronnie) has worked hard for 5 years with very few problems, 1 broken track and some new filters is all the repairs needed. The track broke 2 months after warranty finished 1 phone call to Haywood and a new one was sent asap at no cost. Truly a great cleaner!

Date PurchasedJune 2012

Great until it all went wrong

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Robert Grayasked
TigerShark

My Hayward Tiger shark is about 2 years old. I was cleaning the filters today and noticed a quarter cylindrical foam section about 100mm long sitting loosely inside cleaner. It must be something to do with cleaner as it is far too large to have passed the filters. Anyone have an idea?

C in Sumter
C in Sumterasked
TigerShark

My shark is about 6-7 years old. A few weeks ago, when I start it , it runs for a few seconds and stops. After starting it two or three times it would finally keep going for the entire cycle. Now I have tried about fifteen times and it will only run for a few seconds and stop. What's up? Thanks

Robert Gray

Very sorry C in Sumter, but I have not experienced that problem. Its possible some small leakage may have occurred in the motor/control housing. You will most likely have to go to the people you purchased it form or directly to TS as I don't recommend opening that unit.

Danny
Dannyasked
TigerShark

The bottom cover keeps coming loose and all the debris it picked up falls to the bottom of the pool. Very poor design. Do you have any ideas to eliminate this problem ? Maybe something to wedge under the clip

Compare both Hayward TigerShark