HBF Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (8)

Legal loophole of tricking people and stealing their money

I am a very healthy individual. Got myself a bronze plus cover, the list on their website includes "Dental". However, at the time of claiming I was advised that my cover doesn't include dental. The only logical explanation to this is that they exist only to rip people (in need of help) off!

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad

Max

Still waiting for call from management.....

Under 30No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Max

At least switching insurers is easy...I have now left HBF..amateur hour..you just dont need the stress of chasing up claims and dealing with an organisation that you have no faith in.

Sparky

SparkyPerth, WA

HBF don't pay for "reasonable" claims

Health Insurance

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Jeremy Parsons

Jeremy Parsons

Incompetent, Poor customer service.

Very slow to respond to requests, I have been waiting almost two weeks for an explanation on why they shorted my policy cover by half a month, Still no explanation. Escalated concern to a 24 hour response team. Surprisingly no response after 48 hours. When asking for an explanation on a calculation no one is competent enough to take ownership of the problem. try a different insurer if you can.
Claiming works fine unless you have a problem then their service is extremely poor.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
HBF T.HBF

They avoid paying benefits with irrational rules.

Purchased $750 Orthotics at podiatrist.
The podiatrist invoice included the orthotics and consultation...fair enough.
HBF refused to pay the $400 benefit for the orthotics via hicaps because of the consultation charge.
HBF claim their system cannot process the consultation and orthotics together. I refuse to believe a multi-billion dollar company cannot implement software solutions to recognise the orthotics code.
I had to do the claim manually and waste time waiting on hold and submitting it myself online.
Pretty sure people would give up because the system is painful to use and not get their benefits.
May not be a deliberate scam, but they are denying people their benefits with stupid systems.

Under 30No
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Anthony G.
Anthony G.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

HBF Think about it very carefully.

We had been with HBF for over 20 years. I needed a prostatectomy because of aggressive cancer. The latest technology was to have the surgery using the Da Vinci method. In its wisdom HBF decided they don't cover for such technology and I was forced to pay the $7000 myself. They would not contribute one dollar.
A disgusting immoral company to say the least. You are warned!!

Coverage TypeCouple
Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
LeahJ

LeahJSydney, NSW

Do not recommend, will be switching health funds

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019

roberiquez

HBF health insurance did not honour their policy with us

They paid doctors to write reports contrary to the findings and diagnosis from our surgeon and GP.
The in-house HBF doctor never met with us.
The in-house HBF doctor is hidden behind the scenes (no names or qualifications are disclosed)
Its cheaper for HBF to re-write the facts than to pay out.

Policy not worth the paper it is written on.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2019

shirvan

shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

diamus

diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg

Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance