HBF Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No
alvie.huit
alvie.huitPerth, WA

With HBF for over 30 years.

I was covered by my parents policy as a child when health insurance was more of a luxury than the necessity it is these days. As a uni student I switched to my own policy after I realised the true value and relief of cover after HBF covered my emergency surgery.

My policy ceased for several years whilst living in Syd and now that I am back in Perth I've returned to HBF for the last 7 years.

I love HBF. The customer service is excellent whether in store or on the phone.you've got flexibility to amend your policy to suit your needs - you just need to ask about your options. The website and app are excellent.

I am so pleased with them that I will never leave them - unless I move overseas.

Coverage TypeSingle
Under 30No
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2021
Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
Carolyn
CarolynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False and misleading policy cover

Required a breast reduction costing $9K (including anaesthetic). Policy shows that breast surgery is covered. Badly needed as always at chiropractor and physio which I'm sure HBF could see I was attending. Had the surgery and got a measly $364 rebate from 7K. Absolutely atrocious. My monthly premium for more than that. Why say you are covered when clearly you are not. Young man on phone was quite rude when I queried this. Definitely looking for new private health cover... bye bye

Coverage TypeFamily
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
dogitia
dogitiaPerth, WA

disappointing

was on the hospital + essentials young saver plan or something its all changed now prices got up all the time. went to the hospital once had to see a E.N.T doctor huge gaps in the cover doctors have booking fees of like $250 per visit medicare is covering more than they are been with them for 7 years +
who are these people that are making the fees go up why are massages covered and not pharmacy and doctor booking fees not covered next year it will go up again the basic and bronze cover is rubbish gold is the only one that could be worth it

Coverage TypeSingle

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance