HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 2 of 15)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (8)

Dave
DavePerth, WA

HBF keeps taking your money ..despite stopping direct Debit???

Russ
RussSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting Ad using our Australian animals

Disgusting Commercial not funny at all, my children didn’t need to see this from our Australian animals. Please remove your commercial I will never deal with your disgusting company again

alvie.huit
alvie.huitPerth, WA

With HBF for over 30 years.

I was covered by my parents policy as a child when health insurance was more of a luxury than the necessity it is these days. As a uni student I switched to my own policy after I realised the true value and relief of cover after HBF covered my emergency surgery.

My policy ceased for several years whilst living in Syd and now that I am back in Perth I've returned to HBF for the last 7 years.

I love HBF. The customer service is excellent whether in store or on the phone.you've got flexibility to amend your policy to suit your needs - you just need to ask about your options. The website and app are excellent.

I am so pleased with them that I will never leave them - unless I move overseas.

KierenPerth

They do not have any concern for fdv and engage in promoting it

HBF changed my car insurance out of my name given that they knew we were seperate and it was acrimonious.
They took it on his work
Plus they also canceled my health insurance on cause he asked.
They have no idea or care for fdv
Avoid at all cost

Claim MadeNo
Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Kieren

Actually you have removed me from two policies without informing me.
Someone said they were looking into it and never called me back

HBF T.HBF

Hi Kieren, so we can look into this further, please send an email to memberservices@hbf.com.au, and we will be happy to help clarify this situation.

StevePerth

Inflexible policy

I’ve been a member of HBF for 64 years with top hospital and extras cover. Recently, on the recommendation of a family member, I decided to try going to an Osteopath for treatment on my back to find this service was not covered by my health insurance. When I contacted HBF I was told I would need to change my level of cover to include Osteo as it could not be added to my existing cover and then I would have a two month wait to claim. Very disappointed in HBF and their lack of compassion and flexibility time to look elsewhere for health insurance.

HBF T.HBF

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
billv53

Beware of the once a year excess

Emily
EmilyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mislead

Like many of the reviews here I too felt mislead, I agreed to an upsale on a policy as it was implied I would get better value for money. Turns out this wasn't the case. Just glad I never had to claim anything from them as I can only imagine what type of nightmare that would be.

Claim MadeNo
RezaSydney, NSW

USELESS

Throw your money in a monthly basis and they put you down for the most obvious items that must be covered by a health insurance. The customer service agents have conflicting ideas and they are not on the same page about things when you call them.

Reza

I have already wasted a lot of time on the phone with your incompetent team members with no favourable support and now on the market to change my insurance provider. Enough of investigation for minimum support you could expect

Legal loophole of tricking people and stealing their money

I am a very healthy individual. Got myself a bronze plus cover, the list on their website includes "Dental". However, at the time of claiming I was advised that my cover doesn't include dental. The only logical explanation to this is that they exist only to rip people (in need of help) off!

Stef
Stef

Not pleased with the inpatient and outpatient

I Pay 66 fortnight and they only cover inpatient.

Went for broken foot and later for blood test to GP and noting was cover because it outpatient. I don't care how they to their policy but I need to be able to go to a local GP for that price.

reneperth

Hard to claim when you need to.

Deb

IVF Pregnancy & Dialysis Grouped Together?

Max

Still waiting for call from management.....

Max

At least switching insurers is easy...I have now left HBF..amateur hour..you just dont need the stress of chasing up claims and dealing with an organisation that you have no faith in.

Alon
AlonMelbourne

Dont Use HBF Health Insurance

Customer service is rude, they will delay every chance to rectify a problem. HBF Health staff are friendly during sign up, become difficult and rude when claiming or maintenance on account.
Don't use HBF health insurance

Emm
Emm

Useless

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance