HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 2 of 10)

HBF gave me anxiety.

HBF gave me anxiety.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

By far the worst experience I’ve ever had, PERIOD.

Took more than 50+ phone calls, multiple times a day, everyday (excluding weekends) and over the course of 3 months to get 1 simple quote for surgery under medical circumstances. Had to take almost 2 months off work & they just keep lying about the fact why they’re not allowed to give you a quote? I’ve never been so frustrated in my life and at one point started crying over how frustrating this company was. I felt like they were playing a sick joke on me and I’ve never been so disappointed with an organisation like this before. I would never recommend. Even evil people probably still don’t deserve this. This is just a horrible place.

Coverage TypeFamily

dogitia

dogitiaPerth, WA

disappointing

was on the hospital + essentials young saver plan or something its all changed now prices got up all the time. went to the hospital once had to see a E.N.T doctor huge gaps in the cover doctors have booking fees of like $250 per visit medicare is covering more than they are been with them for 7 years +
who are these people that are making the fees go up why are massages covered and not pharmacy and doctor booking fees not covered next year it will go up again the basic and bronze cover is rubbish gold is the only one that could be worth it

Claim MadeYes

Disgusted,No sympathy.

Coverage TypeCouple
etk

etkPerth, WA

Gapsaver not what its cracked to be if you leave

Coverage TypeFamily

Sandra Pease

Sandra PeasePerth, WA

Terrible service

Making a phone call at 6.45am this morning has led to more frustration after dealing with a staff member. This lady who I have the name of, simply did not want to help me in anyway. I was asking questions and she was condescending and non caring. It costs nothing to give the customer the information they need to know. I will have to call back again with the hope that I can get the information that I need with some consideration given to me.

HBF T.HBF

Misleading, uncaring, staff who don't do their job

Gaz

GazPerth, WA

Ill be running from hbf for a reason

Im not going into details on this site because i think i would run out of space but i will say this.
I have been a long time member with hbf and now i feel like they dont know whats going on and im just being fed mis information because it feels like everyone i talk to at hbf had there own answer to my problems and nothing is solved.

Claim MadeYes

Bill TAU

Anything that cannot be questioned, is unquestionably a lie.

SLB

SLBSydney, NSW

Check your 2019 extra's cover - policy benefits have decreased - no need to put up with their appall

MM86

MM86Perth

Pick up the phone

It's nearly impossible to get in touch with them if you have a claim. Waiting on hold every other day for 30 min before I give up and go to work. When I asked if they have an office where I can go and talk to someone, they said no, even the people answering the phone are based overseas. Shocking customer service!!

Rob Boot

Rob BootMelbourne

HBF do not meet their obligation in providing health cover. They delay support by blaming surgeons,

Insurance claim madeYes

Not a very good insurance company

One year I got nothing refund Bec of thenew policy I didn’t recieve they said I can’t do nothing about it hopeless people and you can’t really with them.

Insurance claim madeNo

Terrible customer service. They pretend to transfer you to other departments and automatically hang up. If you leave a voice message to have them call back, they still do not call back. I am not happy.

Oliver

OliverPerth

Couldnt organise a dirt up at a brewery

3 years

Called on November 12th to cancel direct debit. Recorded on your system.

Received cancellation request from Bupa on 15th November. Recorded on your system.

21st November you debit my account. Nice one HBF! nice one!

Alee

AleePerth, WA

USED to be good value, they’ve cut so much I’m not even sure what I’m paying for now

Been with them for 3.5 years. They where great at first and good value for money, but they’ve cut more and more each year, now I’m not sure why I pay them $125 a month just for extras! I’m changing providers for sure

Sam

SamPerth

First claim in 4 years and get 9 dollars gap saver back

Terrible Health Insurance

Staff unhelpful and rude. I found it impossible to get a straight answer regarding what will be covered. When the hospital tried to contact HBF on my behalf to get an answer they refused to disclose if I would be covered.

sam

samPerth, WA

Car insurance

more than 6 years health and they asked me to transfer my car insurance to them 2 years ago that was biggest mistake

Borderline scam

Their model is broken, intended to suck your funds away and then not let you claim any benefits. I do not recommend HBF under any circumstances.

Their customer service is also nasty, sarcastic, and unwilling to help.

Cate

CateSydney

Unhelpful and inflexible

I have been in a private hospital in New South Wales for the last two weeks with a hospital acquired infection. Having four children at home I was given the option to be discharged on IV antibiotics for further three weeks which HBF has declined . Even approached by the ombudsman for an Ex Garcia decision they flatly refused even though me being in hospital for another three weeks would cost members about $70 000. Sending me home and I have antibiotics would cost approximately $2000. I found the correspondence condescending and inflexible. I will be changing health funds as soon as I get out of hospital.

mambogirl

mambogirlasked

Hi can you claim a MRI scan ? As outpatient - Dr referral

Colin M

Colin Masked

Where can I find the HBF Pharmacy Schedule so i can i see if my Daughters medication is on there as the chemist has given me a receipt to put in a claim

HBF T.HBF

Hi Colin, thanks so much for getting in touch and I can definitley help with this.

The HBF Pharmacy Schedule is a database you can access prior to a pharmaceutical purchase by giving us a call on 133 423. We will cross-check the active ingredient of your daughter's medication against this list and confirm whether we are able to provide a benefit as part of your Pharmacy level of cover.

If you have already purchased the item, the easiest way to determine your benefit is by submitting a claim. You are able to do this through MyHBF, in a branch or through the post. If the claims process is new to you and you would like some further information, please get in touch with us and we will be happy to run you through the process.

I hope this helps. We look forward to hearing from you soon and have a lovely rest of your day.

Best Regards,
Kaila
The HBF Team

socialmcc@hbf.com.au

Steveasked

Can I get stomach surgery for weight loss on hospital cover Im now 60 years old

HBF T.HBF

Hi Steve, thanks for your message.

We do provide a benefit for surgical weight loss procedures on our Gold Hospital.

If you would like to know more about our Gold Hospital you can give us a call on 133 423, send us an email or chat with us at hbf.com.au

Best regards
Sam
The HBF Team
SocialMCC@hbf.com.au

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives