HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 4 of 15)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (8)

Carolyn
CarolynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False and misleading policy cover

Required a breast reduction costing $9K (including anaesthetic). Policy shows that breast surgery is covered. Badly needed as always at chiropractor and physio which I'm sure HBF could see I was attending. Had the surgery and got a measly $364 rebate from 7K. Absolutely atrocious. My monthly premium for more than that. Why say you are covered when clearly you are not. Young man on phone was quite rude when I queried this. Definitely looking for new private health cover... bye bye

Long Term Customer with 6 polices

Yann
YannSydney, NSW

Useless

HBF did not refund my claims on my Bank account as they used to do.
The cash got transfered on another bank account and now I need to deal with it.
Useless service and useless company

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

HBF Think about it very carefully.

We had been with HBF for over 20 years. I needed a prostatectomy because of aggressive cancer. The latest technology was to have the surgery using the Da Vinci method. In its wisdom HBF decided they don't cover for such technology and I was forced to pay the $7000 myself. They would not contribute one dollar.
A disgusting immoral company to say the least. You are warned!!

SAW0
SAW0Perth, WA

Terrible Customer Service

Experience with HBF customer service was terrible. Not only was on hold on multiple occasions (phone call took 42 mins) I was unable to receive the information I required. Originally told that the information will be provided within 13 days of submitting the enquiry, upon follow up I was told they cannot provide now. Had I not rang back, I would still be waiting without any notification from HBF. I've held my policy with HBF for over 10 years virtually without a claim and they cannot simply provide customer service when required!

HBF T.HBF

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Rachelle C.
Rachelle C.Perth, WA

Warning: Worst Health Fund

After my direct debit was declined HBF sent emails to my old work address and because there was no reply they cancelled my health fund without telling me. When I asked why they didn't ring me they simply replied they didn't think of it because they'd emailed me. What if i needed urgent hospital cover or something serious?? I can not believe my "trusted health fund" who I put my health in the hands of, didn't think to call me on the phone to let me know they could no longer debit my account? They couldn't even explain why as there was funds in there. Absolute joke. Worst customer service and zero common sense. Happy to be moving to another health fund who i can trust with something as serious as my health.

Hi Rachelle,
I noticed we have already answered your post on another channel. If it isn’t resolved to your satisfaction, please call us on 133 423 or contact us on your preferred channel of communication.
-Lachy

LeahJ
LeahJSydney, NSW

Do not recommend, will be switching health funds

Darren
DarrenSydney, NSW

ABSOLUTE SCUMS

Been with HBF for years and have never made a claim. You ask one tiny favour or a show of good faith and it's not even considered. WARNING DO NOT GO AHEAD WITH HBF!

Patricia
Patriciaperth

Terrible customer service and incorrect set up of policy

roberiquez

HBF health insurance did not honour their policy with us

They paid doctors to write reports contrary to the findings and diagnosis from our surgeon and GP.
The in-house HBF doctor never met with us.
The in-house HBF doctor is hidden behind the scenes (no names or qualifications are disclosed)
Its cheaper for HBF to re-write the facts than to pay out.

Policy not worth the paper it is written on.

HBF gave me anxiety.
HBF gave me anxiety.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

By far the worst experience I’ve ever had, PERIOD.

Took more than 50+ phone calls, multiple times a day, everyday (excluding weekends) and over the course of 3 months to get 1 simple quote for surgery under medical circumstances. Had to take almost 2 months off work & they just keep lying about the fact why they’re not allowed to give you a quote? I’ve never been so frustrated in my life and at one point started crying over how frustrating this company was. I felt like they were playing a sick joke on me and I’ve never been so disappointed with an organisation like this before. I would never recommend. Even evil people probably still don’t deserve this. This is just a horrible place.

dogitia
dogitiaPerth, WA

disappointing

was on the hospital + essentials young saver plan or something its all changed now prices got up all the time. went to the hospital once had to see a E.N.T doctor huge gaps in the cover doctors have booking fees of like $250 per visit medicare is covering more than they are been with them for 7 years +
who are these people that are making the fees go up why are massages covered and not pharmacy and doctor booking fees not covered next year it will go up again the basic and bronze cover is rubbish gold is the only one that could be worth it

Aijin
AijinPerth, WA

Disgusted,No sympathy.

etk
etkPerth, WA

Gapsaver not what its cracked to be if you leave

Sandra Pease
Sandra PeasePerth, WA

Terrible service

Making a phone call at 6.45am this morning has led to more frustration after dealing with a staff member. This lady who I have the name of, simply did not want to help me in anyway. I was asking questions and she was condescending and non caring. It costs nothing to give the customer the information they need to know. I will have to call back again with the hope that I can get the information that I need with some consideration given to me.

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance