HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 5 of 10)

Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (6) · No (8)

Junk policies. Hopeless.

Ozi money
Ozi moneyPerth, WA

Worst health insurance ever

Shop around and save over $1000 with other providers and we cancel our policy with hbf and later next day they took more money out from our bank account been with them over 10 yrs and every year they keep on increasing the policy what a scam.

Insurance claim madeNo

Worst Health Insurance Provider - filed claim with the Ombudsman (details included)

Tanjaka
TanjakaBrisbane

Not recommended

Twice my claims were rejected - and on one occasion it was an emergency hospital visit, so I had to get transferred! Very costly monthly payments.
Very disappointed. Do not recommend.

Rob B
Rob BMelbourne

Customer Service is non existent

This company will not give a straight answer, and will not escalate calls through to more senior people. The staff run off a script, rather than understand how their business works. They will take 3 days to contact you back. This is the worst customer service I have seen for an Australian based business for a long time.

Insurance claim madeNo

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Kathy
KathyBrisbane

Value for money ,the best extra cover

I am an admin at a dental surgery in Brisbane, dealing with private health insurances everyday. I have been with many different health funds myself( medibank private, Pupa ) .But HBF is the best one so far. Especially their extra flexi saver . You pay for what you need the most. Not like others policies, waste $$$ on things which we never claim. I do agree with some reviews that they take forever to answer your call but it usually happens to most health funds anyways. To be honest, at the moment flexi saver of HBF is the cheapest on the market.

Worst service ever

Every time over 30mins on hold.. They will send u around in circles and try everything to not pay you. Very complicated insurance policies.
All health insurance companies especially this one need to be seriously investigated.

Shania
Shania

HBF Health: Very Unhealthy - Appalling customer service at William Street HBF office

Don't waste your money

Premiums without protection

Faithfully paid "ambulance cover" every year, found ourselves in an emergency, called an ambulance for suspected poisoning situation, really scary, was not covered and hit up for the ambulance visit, big bucks for nothing. Very deceitful wording in policy coverage and they showed no regard for our fixed income situation, might as well have said "go suck eggs, don't want to know you" because you weren't foaming at the mouth when you called the ambulance you can go bite your bottom, you won't be covered by the policy. Well, we decided not to renew and we'll drive down the hospital in our own car and pay petrol. Both st john's and Hbf as useful as a wooden eye, extremely disappointed with them both, never again!

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't be deluded by most of these comments

Elliot J
Elliot Jmelbourne

HBF

Disgusting! Claim for my father to receive treatment for pneumonia was declined by HBF based on their reasoning that it could POSSIBLY associated to cardiac conditions. We checked the paperwork and he was even covered for most cardio excluding a few rare conditions. Amazed at how disgustingly they have bauked at a customer who has been paying over $400 per month for years. Do your loved ones a favor and stay away from HBF, lest they get stuck down with pnemonia and other readily treatable conditions only to be turned away at hospital.

robbo
robboPerth, WA

all good except if you need to claim

been with them for years.time to make a hot water system claim that had water pouring out. Sorry not covered. They couldnt call me and tell me that, i had to follow up with it. I told her that i would take my several policies elsewere and she goes "thats your prerogative'..........awesome service..NOT

Phoned first time today

I have had HBF cover since 2012 & phoned today for the first time in quite awhile. Am a bit surprised by the number of recent negative reviews as I wasn't on hold for very long (approx 7 minutes) and the customer service was helpful. So far, so good! Just wanted to offer an alternative review to those that I've read recently!

Leaving lost its edge.

The reason I was in hbf was the extra service we had, bedside visits by those lovely lady's that would help you with everything and I was able to go through my policy with them, they would offer me advice on how to cut costs and give me piece of mind, also they are going to cut out the branches and stop the fun run! I was willing to pay but extra but not anymore goodbye.

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Declined to cover surgery after agreeing

Lisa T
Lisa TPerth

Long standing customer!

Matt
MattHunter Region, NSW

Good obstetrics cover, rubbish extras

Took out insurance with HBF because birth related services were included in their mid-hospital cover. Apart from the excess, they basically covered everything while my wife was in hospital. However, same can't be said for extras cover. We recently cancelled ours because it effectively covers nothing.

Lara S
Lara SSydney

Dental Cover - Pathetic

Just signed over from Medibank. Really happy, until I had to go to the dentist. Was told that I could get two free dental cleans a year. The clean was so basic they didn't even use dental floss. Yet I was charged over $100! So much for two free cleans, I can't even get one clean! I'm so, so pissed right now!

Janelle
JanelleAdelaide

Cancelled policy before we asked for it

This fund is hopeless. There were numerous issues setting up the policy. We were advised we had free dental check ups. but then when wanting to use it, find out in SA they have no "partner" dentists. We choose to change funds. they cancelled the fund 9 days early and left us with a gap in cover. They are incompetent fund. They tell me there is no fund in Oz that gives you free dental check ups. Yes there is.
I have lodged a complaint and now have to wait 3 days for a response.
Thanks for nothing but headaches and painful phone calls and hold times.

M.V
M.VSydney

Worse insurer - I only lasted a month with them

They screwed up my account and continuously applied 505 (waiting period) code although I had transferred from another provider where I had served my waiting periods. I had to speak/chat to about 6 CSO, where I was told the issue had been fixed when it wasn't. Their complaints team sent me an email saying they called me, but there was no miss call logged on my phones. I have already switched.

I signed on via comparethemarket.com.au I don't recommend going through them, it was a problem from day one.

Still waiting

After waiting 30 minutes on the HBF enquiry line, and having read all my emails and the online newspapers, i found this site and wanted to confirm the problems so many people refer to (I am now over 40 mins on hold).

For a 'member organisation' this is really not good enough.

Oh and by the way the reason i have phoned is that my wife has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and this (obviously) means we have some questions.

bayemma
bayemmasydney

STAY AWAY!!!

Insurance claim madeNo

Terrible, Rip Off Company!!!

Don't go near this scam they call a Health Fund!!!
Had an accident resulting in a broken bone which needed surgery, which my policy said I'm covered for... 6 months later I was required to have follow up surgery, however they refused to pay for the surgery as it was outside their 90 day follow up period, despite having confirmation from the surgeon that the followup surgery could not be performed earlier than 6 months minimum due to my bone still being unhealed!!!!

Absolutely terrible

The policy is absolutely pathetic when it comes to what you can claim for the money you pay.

When you ring you are on hold for 25 minutes only to get answered by someone who really doesn't care what you have to say - but when it comes time to renew your policy there is a very happy voice on the other end of the phone.

Dont waste your time with HBF shop around there is heaps better health insurance out there

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance