HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (9)

Colin
ColinPerth, WA

Lied to Me Again

Last time they told me couple can share the benefit caps, so they urged us to join couple policy. It turned out to be a lie. This time they told me dental item 114 can be only claimed once a calendar year. All the other private and public providers say once every 6 months, twice a calendar year. HBF don't train their staff well very obviously! Made 3 calls for one claim. Wasting my time. Even though, I will still keep fighting with this lying company!

Ike
IkePerth, WA

What a Lie

They told us joining couple policy, we can share our extra cover limit, which means if single policy gets 1000 annual limit, then we can share the 2000 between us. But NO, we can't. Totally a lie. Now we want to split to have different types of covers, and they are making a total disaster. Lying company.

Can't Join!

We tried to join Silver Hosp + with Flex 60. Utterly impossible to set up. Over 6 calls we received 7 different quotes - not rude, just incompetent?
NOT ONE quote itemised to see rating $, yearly discount $ and Direct debit $ in spite of repeated requests. They said their systems could cope with that! Expected us to pay on a STATEMENT.
NOT ONCE, NOWHERE was there an instruction on how or where to pay - couldn't actually work out how to do business with them! Ended up with Team Leader who told us she would phone back but never did.
Gone back to previous insurer... does "non profit" actually have to mean "non proficient"?

Ines S.Perth, WA

Not happy with HBF Loyalty.

Ines S.

As I said have put my case to you and 12 months is more important then Loyalty and age. making a 74 years old go for 12 months when she by doctor has to have operation earlier and as been paying you 21 years ,shame..

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Extremely rude with lack of empathy

Attempted to resolve an issue that was deemed to be pre-existing. Requested more detail on the matter just to be faced with rude emails in return. I don't believe there is anything wrong in wanting to understand why certain decisions were made but the responses were short and ubrupt without expressing any empathy. Very disappointed in how this was handled more so than claim not being approved. Nonetheless, the general hbf team were kind and helpful.

Kiwibloke_inPerthPerth, WA

Wouldn't help with ambo covers when I discovered my second child wasn't listed

I took out ambulance cover for my family. I accidentally left off my newest child with out realizing.
Long story short we had to call an ambulance for her and when I went to claim on the 1000 dollar bill I was told by HBF she wasn't on the policy v( thought my whole family was covered) . They refused to help me out and said to bad suck eggs with the bill.
After 10yrs with HBF for my car , my wifes car and health at different times I canned them.

Kylie R.
Kylie R.South East Queensland, QLD

Dreadful customer service. Fail to honour guarantees, online quoting system misleading & inaccurate

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Knoli
KnoliPerth, WA

HBF = Terrible

Been member for 28 years.
Concideration for loyalty - Terrible
Customer service - Terrible
Competetive price - Terrible
HBF= Terrible
Would give zero stars if I could.
My card literaly never works.
They changed what I was covered for without letting me know, tayloring a new plan just for me while covering nothing I use and discontinuing my cover for things I NEED for my comfort of life.
You would save money and get better cover using the public system.

Tig
TigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would not recommend

Ruth Gyoergy
Ruth Gyoergy

Disappointed

With HBF for over 20 years unable To afford what we are paying for hospital cover now, no consideration for loyalty due to financial circumstances we are unable to continual with hospital cover.

Bos Wells
Bos WellsVictoria

Not trustworthy, Harrassed the clinic for proofs, Unprofessional communication.

MariaPerth

HBF don’t care about members at all

The online quotes are way cheaper than what they tell you on the phone or in the branch. Many people get covered online for the same policy with a cheaper price while others are unaware of that which is so unfair. They deny that of course. However, even on the phone call, I got exactly the same premium as online, but HBF refused to decrease my premium. They overcharged me $15 per fortnight.
Hope my termination goes well and smoothly.

NOT impressed

signed up 30th March on the monthly plan, was told I couldn't pick the 30th as the monthly date to pay the premium as no 30 th in February, so advised the 1st of every month a better date.
Thinking I would pay the first month at the old rate. They charged the new rate from the 1st.
As I had to pay a loading they told me there would be an adjustment to make up any shortfall the following month. When that arrived it was much more than the monthly rate. I asked them to tell me how they arrived at this figure. After about 10 phone calls and 8 emails 3 1/2 weeks later they sent me a conviluted set of calculations that didn't tally up except to arrive at the figure they charged me.
should have stayed with my old health provider

Roy
Roy

Mistake believing what told when changing funds

Was a financial member of a medical fund since 1969 went to make a claim was refused said I needed proof of every fund I have been a member was assured when joining they would do transfer from my previous fund had to pay my account

Systematic nightmare

I had to call HBF 12 times to see if my pre-existing form was approved. Apparently the customer service team and the pre-existing team don't have access to each other's information as their systems don't allow them to read emails or forms that were sent through or processed by the other department. Interdepartmental communication, IT systems and communication logging systems need serious addressing for HBF to be a functioning organisation. Senior management refuse to take on feedback and to address the holes in their systems, making it a nightmare for both members and for their staff. Whoever is on their social media team, please forward this complaint to senior management, as they need to seriously fix these issues.

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance