HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (7)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (9)

I wish I could give them zero stars!

The most terrible health fund I have every been with! They don’t pay any claims, the service is just bad - give you the wrong information all the time! Then I moved from then as I couldn’t take it any longer and now aren’t returning my annual premium!

Alison
AlisonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tim: great experience so far

Signed up for a policy today with Tim. Very easy process, very clear and very quick. Much better experience than Medibank Private. So far, I would definitely recommend HBF over alternate providers.

Claim Made No
marilynweate
marilynweateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Slow to pay claim.

chelsea
chelseaGreat Southern, WA

Issue resolved

Issue resolved following HBF contact.
Had issues with claiming after changing insurance funds and clearance certificates.
Initially had conflicting information, however supervisor has now clarified these issues. Ya ya ya ya

HBF T.HBF

Hi Chelsea, we are so pleased to hear your issue has been resolved. If there is anything further we can assist with, please do not hesitate to get in touch! - Shazrin

Colin
ColinPerth, WA

Lied to Me Again

Last time they told me couple can share the benefit caps, so they urged us to join couple policy. It turned out to be a lie. This time they told me dental item 114 can be only claimed once a calendar year. All the other private and public providers say once every 6 months, twice a calendar year. HBF don't train their staff well very obviously! Made 3 calls for one claim. Wasting my time. Even though, I will still keep fighting with this lying company!

Ike
IkePerth, WA

What a Lie

They told us joining couple policy, we can share our extra cover limit, which means if single policy gets 1000 annual limit, then we can share the 2000 between us. But NO, we can't. Totally a lie. Now we want to split to have different types of covers, and they are making a total disaster. Lying company.

Can't Join!

We tried to join Silver Hosp + with Flex 60. Utterly impossible to set up. Over 6 calls we received 7 different quotes - not rude, just incompetent?
NOT ONE quote itemised to see rating $, yearly discount $ and Direct debit $ in spite of repeated requests. They said their systems could cope with that! Expected us to pay on a STATEMENT.
NOT ONCE, NOWHERE was there an instruction on how or where to pay - couldn't actually work out how to do business with them! Ended up with Team Leader who told us she would phone back but never did.
Gone back to previous insurer... does "non profit" actually have to mean "non proficient"?

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Ines S.Perth, WA

Not happy with HBF Loyalty.

Ines S.

As I said have put my case to you and 12 months is more important then Loyalty and age. making a 74 years old go for 12 months when she by doctor has to have operation earlier and as been paying you 21 years ,shame..

Extremely rude with lack of empathy

Attempted to resolve an issue that was deemed to be pre-existing. Requested more detail on the matter just to be faced with rude emails in return. I don't believe there is anything wrong in wanting to understand why certain decisions were made but the responses were short and ubrupt without expressing any empathy. Very disappointed in how this was handled more so than claim not being approved. Nonetheless, the general hbf team were kind and helpful.

Helpful and Great Benefits

I moved from a policy that I had with Medibank and when I was moving the HBF staff were very helpful and so far being on this new HBF policy has proven to be a great choice.

HBF T.HBF

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us Cat this is lovely to hear. - Cinta

Great service every time I've needed it

Quick to resolve any claims I've ever had, very helpful and caring when I was injured overseas needing an operation, have been with them since I was 18 and now my whole family is with them

HBF T.HBF

Hi Jack, Thank you for your positive feedback.

We always aim to be there for our members in the moments that matter and hope to continue to provide great service for you and your family. We absolutely appreciate your loyalty! - Shazrin

Kiwibloke_inPerthPerth, WA

Wouldn't help with ambo covers when I discovered my second child wasn't listed

I took out ambulance cover for my family. I accidentally left off my newest child with out realizing.
Long story short we had to call an ambulance for her and when I went to claim on the 1000 dollar bill I was told by HBF she wasn't on the policy v( thought my whole family was covered) . They refused to help me out and said to bad suck eggs with the bill.
After 10yrs with HBF for my car , my wifes car and health at different times I canned them.

Well done HBF.

Thanks HBF, I received 140 dollars from you today, as you shared the money you saved on procedures/ops that couldn't happen due to covid. I also requested a dental refund and received more than 5 times the amount I expected as I have Gap saver. Very happy thanks.

5 stars

I have been with HBF for 8 years (and my family has for 30 years ) and I have never had issues. They are affordable and easy to deal with. Would recommend.

HBF T.HBF

Hi Laura, thank you for sharing your positive feedback.
We are glad we have been able to assist you and your family for all your health requirements for over 30 years! - Chloe

Great Experience.

When I called to review my plan I found the call centre staff very helpful . After a hospitalisation the billing etc was seamless, from Physio to Optical all my my encounters with HBF have been very positive.

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance