HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No
chelsea
chelseaGreat Southern, WA

Issue resolved

Issue resolved following HBF contact.
Had issues with claiming after changing insurance funds and clearance certificates.
Initially had conflicting information, however supervisor has now clarified these issues. Ya ya ya ya

HBF T.HBF

Hi Chelsea, we are so pleased to hear your issue has been resolved. If there is anything further we can assist with, please do not hesitate to get in touch! - Shazrin

Great service every time I've needed it

Quick to resolve any claims I've ever had, very helpful and caring when I was injured overseas needing an operation, have been with them since I was 18 and now my whole family is with them

HBF T.HBF

Hi Jack, Thank you for your positive feedback.

We always aim to be there for our members in the moments that matter and hope to continue to provide great service for you and your family. We absolutely appreciate your loyalty! - Shazrin

Well done HBF.

Thanks HBF, I received 140 dollars from you today, as you shared the money you saved on procedures/ops that couldn't happen due to covid. I also requested a dental refund and received more than 5 times the amount I expected as I have Gap saver. Very happy thanks.

5 stars

I have been with HBF for 8 years (and my family has for 30 years ) and I have never had issues. They are affordable and easy to deal with. Would recommend.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
HBF T.HBF

Hi Laura, thank you for sharing your positive feedback.
We are glad we have been able to assist you and your family for all your health requirements for over 30 years! - Chloe

Health Insurance

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

alvie.huit
alvie.huitPerth, WA

With HBF for over 30 years.

I was covered by my parents policy as a child when health insurance was more of a luxury than the necessity it is these days. As a uni student I switched to my own policy after I realised the true value and relief of cover after HBF covered my emergency surgery.

My policy ceased for several years whilst living in Syd and now that I am back in Perth I've returned to HBF for the last 7 years.

I love HBF. The customer service is excellent whether in store or on the phone.you've got flexibility to amend your policy to suit your needs - you just need to ask about your options. The website and app are excellent.

I am so pleased with them that I will never leave them - unless I move overseas.

Claim DateJanuary 2021
Carolyn
CarolynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False and misleading policy cover

Required a breast reduction costing $9K (including anaesthetic). Policy shows that breast surgery is covered. Badly needed as always at chiropractor and physio which I'm sure HBF could see I was attending. Had the surgery and got a measly $364 rebate from 7K. Absolutely atrocious. My monthly premium for more than that. Why say you are covered when clearly you are not. Young man on phone was quite rude when I queried this. Definitely looking for new private health cover... bye bye

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
dogitia
dogitiaPerth, WA

disappointing

was on the hospital + essentials young saver plan or something its all changed now prices got up all the time. went to the hospital once had to see a E.N.T doctor huge gaps in the cover doctors have booking fees of like $250 per visit medicare is covering more than they are been with them for 7 years +
who are these people that are making the fees go up why are massages covered and not pharmacy and doctor booking fees not covered next year it will go up again the basic and bronze cover is rubbish gold is the only one that could be worth it

Claim DateMay 2014

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Valerie Maddiganasked

I currently have $248 as my Gap Saver balance. This recharges on 5th December 2021. Will I lose this $248?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Valerie, good question! You will not lose your Gap Saver balance on the 5th of December. This only means it will keep accumulating, adding onto the remaining balance. - Shazrin :)

Thank you.

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance