HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 2 of 9)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (9)

Ottilia V
Ottilia VPerth, WA

Very disappointed

I am a HBF member for more than 20 years,thinking of swaping and i decided to read reviews for both health insurers. I didn't realised how many bad reviews HBF has. I think this helped me make up my mind. I'm changing... same cover for less money..I'm going,Sorry HBF

TAndo
TAndoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total waste of time

Dave
DavePerth, WA

HBF keeps taking your money ..despite stopping direct Debit???

Russ
RussSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting Ad using our Australian animals

Disgusting Commercial not funny at all, my children didn’t need to see this from our Australian animals. Please remove your commercial I will never deal with your disgusting company again

KierenPerth

They do not have any concern for fdv and engage in promoting it

HBF changed my car insurance out of my name given that they knew we were seperate and it was acrimonious.
They took it on his work
Plus they also canceled my health insurance on cause he asked.
They have no idea or care for fdv
Avoid at all cost

Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Kieren

Actually you have removed me from two policies without informing me.
Someone said they were looking into it and never called me back

HBF T.HBF

Hi Kieren, so we can look into this further, please send an email to memberservices@hbf.com.au, and we will be happy to help clarify this situation.

StevePerth

Inflexible policy

I’ve been a member of HBF for 64 years with top hospital and extras cover. Recently, on the recommendation of a family member, I decided to try going to an Osteopath for treatment on my back to find this service was not covered by my health insurance. When I contacted HBF I was told I would need to change my level of cover to include Osteo as it could not be added to my existing cover and then I would have a two month wait to claim. Very disappointed in HBF and their lack of compassion and flexibility time to look elsewhere for health insurance.

billv53

Beware of the once a year excess

Super Funds Awards 2020!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Emily
EmilyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mislead

Like many of the reviews here I too felt mislead, I agreed to an upsale on a policy as it was implied I would get better value for money. Turns out this wasn't the case. Just glad I never had to claim anything from them as I can only imagine what type of nightmare that would be.

RezaSydney, NSW

USELESS

Throw your money in a monthly basis and they put you down for the most obvious items that must be covered by a health insurance. The customer service agents have conflicting ideas and they are not on the same page about things when you call them.

Reza

I have already wasted a lot of time on the phone with your incompetent team members with no favourable support and now on the market to change my insurance provider. Enough of investigation for minimum support you could expect

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Legal loophole of tricking people and stealing their money

I am a very healthy individual. Got myself a bronze plus cover, the list on their website includes "Dental". However, at the time of claiming I was advised that my cover doesn't include dental. The only logical explanation to this is that they exist only to rip people (in need of help) off!

Stef
Stef

Not pleased with the inpatient and outpatient

I Pay 66 fortnight and they only cover inpatient.

Went for broken foot and later for blood test to GP and noting was cover because it outpatient. I don't care how they to their policy but I need to be able to go to a local GP for that price.

reneperth

Hard to claim when you need to.

Deb

IVF Pregnancy & Dialysis Grouped Together?

Max

Still waiting for call from management.....

Max

At least switching insurers is easy...I have now left HBF..amateur hour..you just dont need the stress of chasing up claims and dealing with an organisation that you have no faith in.

Alon
AlonMelbourne

Dont Use HBF Health Insurance

Customer service is rude, they will delay every chance to rectify a problem. HBF Health staff are friendly during sign up, become difficult and rude when claiming or maintenance on account.
Don't use HBF health insurance

Emm
Emm

Useless

HBF T.HBF

HBF doesn’t know the meaning of REFUND!!

Hard to get a refund from this stinking health fund. Here is yet another attempt. Dear HBF
I have been chasing a refund from you since 1st March. Your staff keep promising a refund however nothing to date.
My last call to your office said I would have my money no later than 17th March, guess what it’s now later than that.

Thelma P.
Thelma P.

Overpriced and ripping me off.

I have been with HBF for 7 years but I don't feel the value in my policy. Every 6 months my premium goes up and my policy now costs about 50% more than it did when I signed up. I just got an online quote for the Equivalent policy and it would be hundreds of dollars cheaper if I cancelled and signed up again. And that is even with the significant discount I am supposed to be receiving through my employer.

I am trying to cancel but they don't make that easy. I would need to take time off work to be able to contact them during their work hours.

Sparky
SparkyPerth, WA

HBF don't pay for "reasonable" claims

Jeremy Parsons
Jeremy Parsons

Incompetent, Poor customer service.

Very slow to respond to requests, I have been waiting almost two weeks for an explanation on why they shorted my policy cover by half a month, Still no explanation. Escalated concern to a 24 hour response team. Surprisingly no response after 48 hours. When asking for an explanation on a calculation no one is competent enough to take ownership of the problem. try a different insurer if you can.
Claiming works fine unless you have a problem then their service is extremely poor.

HBF T.HBF

They avoid paying benefits with irrational rules.

Purchased $750 Orthotics at podiatrist.
The podiatrist invoice included the orthotics and consultation...fair enough.
HBF refused to pay the $400 benefit for the orthotics via hicaps because of the consultation charge.
HBF claim their system cannot process the consultation and orthotics together. I refuse to believe a multi-billion dollar company cannot implement software solutions to recognise the orthotics code.
I had to do the claim manually and waste time waiting on hold and submitting it myself online.
Pretty sure people would give up because the system is painful to use and not get their benefits.
May not be a deliberate scam, but they are denying people their benefits with stupid systems.

Anthony G.
Anthony G.
Sue K.
Sue K.Perth, WA

Waste of Time Hbf Outpost

Went to a hbf booth conveniently located at a shopping centre near me.
Was told by the customer service officer that “ they don’t process claims here”.
Consequently there was no one at the booth except for three staff who were chatting and laughing. What a waste of policy holders money. No wonder premiums are so high!

Mark
MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't get sold into the non for profit idea

Heartless Hospital fund......... .HBF

Grant Lilleyman
Grant Lilleyman
CarolinePerth

Crap customer service

Rang today to talk about deferring a scheduled payment as I have done this before with no problem. Explained to Bronwyn what was done before and she said Oh No I can't do that as I am only part time. Boohoo, how about offering to get someone who is fulltime to call me and arrange a payment. She was not interested in helping and will now definitely be looking at swapping funds