HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 4 of 9)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (9)

Oliver
OliverPerth

Couldnt organise a dirt up at a brewery

3 years

Called on November 12th to cancel direct debit. Recorded on your system.

Received cancellation request from Bupa on 15th November. Recorded on your system.

21st November you debit my account. Nice one HBF! nice one!

Alee
AleePerth, WA

USED to be good value, they’ve cut so much I’m not even sure what I’m paying for now

Been with them for 3.5 years. They where great at first and good value for money, but they’ve cut more and more each year, now I’m not sure why I pay them $125 a month just for extras! I’m changing providers for sure

SamPerth, WA

First claim in 4 years and get 9 dollars gap saver back

Terrible Health Insurance

Staff unhelpful and rude. I found it impossible to get a straight answer regarding what will be covered. When the hospital tried to contact HBF on my behalf to get an answer they refused to disclose if I would be covered.

sam
samPerth, WA

Car insurance

more than 6 years health and they asked me to transfer my car insurance to them 2 years ago that was biggest mistake

Borderline scam

Their model is broken, intended to suck your funds away and then not let you claim any benefits. I do not recommend HBF under any circumstances.

Their customer service is also nasty, sarcastic, and unwilling to help.

Cate
CateSydney

Unhelpful and inflexible

I have been in a private hospital in New South Wales for the last two weeks with a hospital acquired infection. Having four children at home I was given the option to be discharged on IV antibiotics for further three weeks which HBF has declined . Even approached by the ombudsman for an Ex Garcia decision they flatly refused even though me being in hospital for another three weeks would cost members about $70 000. Sending me home and I have antibiotics would cost approximately $2000. I found the correspondence condescending and inflexible. I will be changing health funds as soon as I get out of hospital.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Worst insuarance company

To get through to the claims department you are put on hold for more than 2 hour . How ridiculous.

Jeremy P
Jeremy PAU

Worst health insurance ever

Customer support woeful and passive aggressive. Hicaps never works when trying to claim on extras. Custom service don't call you back

Reneged on our policy 6 months into our annual cover

Rosemarie
Rosemarie

Bad Experience

NimYork
NimYorkPerth, WA

West Australians need to start looking around!

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Still taking out premiums after cancelling policy

I rang up to cancel my family health insurance policy and after waiting a long time finally spoke to someone and got it done. I’ve now found out the policy was not cancelled, the only change is that I’ve been removed from the policy while the wife and children are still covered.. they’ve deducted another premium in the meantime. Apparently one adult and two kids costs the same as two adults and two kids.
What a joke.

HBF
HBF T.HBF

Poor communication and rude behaviour at Morley centre

I am a doctor by profession, most of my patients are with HBF. When I walked into this particular Saturday to change the address and request an another card for my wife, it was a shockable experience. The issue is, still the card did not arrive and the address has not been updated!!!!

In my opinion HBF is not coping with huge number of clients.

Insurance claim madeNo

Worst customer experience I've had anywhere.

Overall shocking

Hbf is crap! Stuffed our policy, waiting times and took unauthorised payments. Quick to take your money and give you fake promises on sign up only to not take accountability on there actions. Dealt with hbf a few years ago also, customer service and knowledge is appalling, nothing’s changed. Cancelled our policy. Will never recommend hbf to anyone

DdA83
DdA83perth

Terrible customer service and wait times

I have had to contact HBF twice in the last year, once to make a query for a patient and once to make a query regarding a motor claim. The first phone call was never answered. I was waiting on hold for over 40 minutes before I hung up. So far today I have been on hold for 25 minutes.

HBF does a lot to promote its image and I have enjoyed their Run for a Reason events. The customer service has deteriorated however, and if a cheaper option were available, I would cancel my membership straight away.

SBA
SBASydney

NOT TO BE TRUSTED - APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH STAFF WHO LIE

Hawkeye
HawkeyeMuswellbrook

Cover not as good as it appeared

After switching from another provider, as we were told we could get better coverage for less, we were happy we had a great insurer, until it came time for major surgery for our child.
Only private hospital doctors available, no option for anesthetist, had to go with who was HBF pick ($400 out of pocket), plus dentist picked by HBF ($750 out of pocket), plus $400 gap from ENT... and nothing back from HBF. Changed providers very quickly.

JChurch
JChurchMELBOURNE

Terrible

No good, expensive, staff are rude, not helpful, covers nothing, even when paying $380 per month for a family. Cover is extremely limited. Do yourself a favour and head to Medibank.

Junk policies. Hopeless.

Ozi money
Ozi moneyPerth, WA

Worst health insurance ever

Shop around and save over $1000 with other providers and we cancel our policy with hbf and later next day they took more money out from our bank account been with them over 10 yrs and every year they keep on increasing the policy what a scam.

Insurance claim madeNo

Worst Health Insurance Provider - filed claim with the Ombudsman (details included)

Tanjaka
TanjakaBrisbane

Not recommended

Twice my claims were rejected - and on one occasion it was an emergency hospital visit, so I had to get transferred! Very costly monthly payments.
Very disappointed. Do not recommend.

Rob B
Rob BMelbourne

Customer Service is non existent

This company will not give a straight answer, and will not escalate calls through to more senior people. The staff run off a script, rather than understand how their business works. They will take 3 days to contact you back. This is the worst customer service I have seen for an Australian based business for a long time.