HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 4 of 8)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (9)

Cate
CateSydney

Unhelpful and inflexible

I have been in a private hospital in New South Wales for the last two weeks with a hospital acquired infection. Having four children at home I was given the option to be discharged on IV antibiotics for further three weeks which HBF has declined . Even approached by the ombudsman for an Ex Garcia decision they flatly refused even though me being in hospital for another three weeks would cost members about $70 000. Sending me home and I have antibiotics would cost approximately $2000. I found the correspondence condescending and inflexible. I will be changing health funds as soon as I get out of hospital.

Worst insuarance company

To get through to the claims department you are put on hold for more than 2 hour . How ridiculous.

Jeremy P
Jeremy PAU

Worst health insurance ever

Customer support woeful and passive aggressive. Hicaps never works when trying to claim on extras. Custom service don't call you back

Reneged on our policy 6 months into our annual cover

Rosemarie
Rosemarie

Bad Experience

Insurance claim madeNo

Still taking out premiums after cancelling policy

I rang up to cancel my family health insurance policy and after waiting a long time finally spoke to someone and got it done. I’ve now found out the policy was not cancelled, the only change is that I’ve been removed from the policy while the wife and children are still covered.. they’ve deducted another premium in the meantime. Apparently one adult and two kids costs the same as two adults and two kids.
What a joke.

HBF
HBF T.HBF

Poor communication and rude behaviour at Morley centre

I am a doctor by profession, most of my patients are with HBF. When I walked into this particular Saturday to change the address and request an another card for my wife, it was a shockable experience. The issue is, still the card did not arrive and the address has not been updated!!!!

In my opinion HBF is not coping with huge number of clients.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

credit-card-awards-2020
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Worst customer experience I've had anywhere.

Sam
Sam

Overall shocking

Hbf is crap! Stuffed our policy, waiting times and took unauthorised payments. Quick to take your money and give you fake promises on sign up only to not take accountability on there actions. Dealt with hbf a few years ago also, customer service and knowledge is appalling, nothing’s changed. Cancelled our policy. Will never recommend hbf to anyone

DdA83
DdA83perth

Terrible customer service and wait times

I have had to contact HBF twice in the last year, once to make a query for a patient and once to make a query regarding a motor claim. The first phone call was never answered. I was waiting on hold for over 40 minutes before I hung up. So far today I have been on hold for 25 minutes.

HBF does a lot to promote its image and I have enjoyed their Run for a Reason events. The customer service has deteriorated however, and if a cheaper option were available, I would cancel my membership straight away.

SBA
SBASydney

NOT TO BE TRUSTED - APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH STAFF WHO LIE

JChurch
JChurchMELBOURNE

Terrible

No good, expensive, staff are rude, not helpful, covers nothing, even when paying $380 per month for a family. Cover is extremely limited. Do yourself a favour and head to Medibank.

Junk policies. Hopeless.

Ozi money
Ozi moneyPerth, WA

Worst health insurance ever

Shop around and save over $1000 with other providers and we cancel our policy with hbf and later next day they took more money out from our bank account been with them over 10 yrs and every year they keep on increasing the policy what a scam.

Insurance claim madeNo

Worst Health Insurance Provider - filed claim with the Ombudsman (details included)

Tanjaka
TanjakaBrisbane

Not recommended

Twice my claims were rejected - and on one occasion it was an emergency hospital visit, so I had to get transferred! Very costly monthly payments.
Very disappointed. Do not recommend.

Rob B
Rob BMelbourne

Customer Service is non existent

This company will not give a straight answer, and will not escalate calls through to more senior people. The staff run off a script, rather than understand how their business works. They will take 3 days to contact you back. This is the worst customer service I have seen for an Australian based business for a long time.

Worst service ever

Every time over 30mins on hold.. They will send u around in circles and try everything to not pay you. Very complicated insurance policies.
All health insurance companies especially this one need to be seriously investigated.

Shania
Shania

HBF Health: Very Unhealthy - Appalling customer service at William Street HBF office

Don't waste your money

Premiums without protection

Faithfully paid "ambulance cover" every year, found ourselves in an emergency, called an ambulance for suspected poisoning situation, really scary, was not covered and hit up for the ambulance visit, big bucks for nothing. Very deceitful wording in policy coverage and they showed no regard for our fixed income situation, might as well have said "go suck eggs, don't want to know you" because you weren't foaming at the mouth when you called the ambulance you can go bite your bottom, you won't be covered by the policy. Well, we decided not to renew and we'll drive down the hospital in our own car and pay petrol. Both st john's and Hbf as useful as a wooden eye, extremely disappointed with them both, never again!

Elliot J
Elliot Jmelbourne

HBF

Disgusting! Claim for my father to receive treatment for pneumonia was declined by HBF based on their reasoning that it could POSSIBLY associated to cardiac conditions. We checked the paperwork and he was even covered for most cardio excluding a few rare conditions. Amazed at how disgustingly they have bauked at a customer who has been paying over $400 per month for years. Do your loved ones a favor and stay away from HBF, lest they get stuck down with pnemonia and other readily treatable conditions only to be turned away at hospital.

robbo
robboPerth, WA

all good except if you need to claim

been with them for years.time to make a hot water system claim that had water pouring out. Sorry not covered. They couldnt call me and tell me that, i had to follow up with it. I told her that i would take my several policies elsewere and she goes "thats your prerogative'..........awesome service..NOT

Leaving lost its edge.

The reason I was in hbf was the extra service we had, bedside visits by those lovely lady's that would help you with everything and I was able to go through my policy with them, they would offer me advice on how to cut costs and give me piece of mind, also they are going to cut out the branches and stop the fun run! I was willing to pay but extra but not anymore goodbye.

Insurance claim madeYes

Declined to cover surgery after agreeing