HBF Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (8)

Kiwibloke_inPerth
Kiwibloke_inPerthPerth, WA

Wouldn't help with ambo covers when I discovered my second child wasn't listed

I took out ambulance cover for my family. I accidentally left off my newest child with out realizing.
Long story short we had to call an ambulance for her and when I went to claim on the 1000 dollar bill I was told by HBF she wasn't on the policy v( thought my whole family was covered) . They refused to help me out and said to bad suck eggs with the bill.
After 10yrs with HBF for my car , my wifes car and health at different times I canned them.

Kylie R.
Kylie R.South East Queensland, QLD

Dreadful customer service. Fail to honour guarantees, online quoting system misleading & inaccurate

Knoli
KnoliPerth, WA

HBF = Terrible

Been member for 28 years.
Concideration for loyalty - Terrible
Customer service - Terrible
Competetive price - Terrible
HBF= Terrible
Would give zero stars if I could.
My card literaly never works.
They changed what I was covered for without letting me know, tayloring a new plan just for me while covering nothing I use and discontinuing my cover for things I NEED for my comfort of life.
You would save money and get better cover using the public system.

Tig
TigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would not recommend

Ruth Gyoergy
Ruth Gyoergy

Disappointed

With HBF for over 20 years unable To afford what we are paying for hospital cover now, no consideration for loyalty due to financial circumstances we are unable to continual with hospital cover.

HBF T.HBF

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Bos Wells
Bos WellsVictoria

Not trustworthy, Harrassed the clinic for proofs, Unprofessional communication.

MariaPerth

HBF don’t care about members at all

The online quotes are way cheaper than what they tell you on the phone or in the branch. Many people get covered online for the same policy with a cheaper price while others are unaware of that which is so unfair. They deny that of course. However, even on the phone call, I got exactly the same premium as online, but HBF refused to decrease my premium. They overcharged me $15 per fortnight.
Hope my termination goes well and smoothly.

NOT impressed

signed up 30th March on the monthly plan, was told I couldn't pick the 30th as the monthly date to pay the premium as no 30 th in February, so advised the 1st of every month a better date.
Thinking I would pay the first month at the old rate. They charged the new rate from the 1st.
As I had to pay a loading they told me there would be an adjustment to make up any shortfall the following month. When that arrived it was much more than the monthly rate. I asked them to tell me how they arrived at this figure. After about 10 phone calls and 8 emails 3 1/2 weeks later they sent me a conviluted set of calculations that didn't tally up except to arrive at the figure they charged me.
should have stayed with my old health provider

Roy
Roy

Mistake believing what told when changing funds

Was a financial member of a medical fund since 1969 went to make a claim was refused said I needed proof of every fund I have been a member was assured when joining they would do transfer from my previous fund had to pay my account

Systematic nightmare

I had to call HBF 12 times to see if my pre-existing form was approved. Apparently the customer service team and the pre-existing team don't have access to each other's information as their systems don't allow them to read emails or forms that were sent through or processed by the other department. Interdepartmental communication, IT systems and communication logging systems need serious addressing for HBF to be a functioning organisation. Senior management refuse to take on feedback and to address the holes in their systems, making it a nightmare for both members and for their staff. Whoever is on their social media team, please forward this complaint to senior management, as they need to seriously fix these issues.

Sally CMelbourne

Joined March 31st and hit with the premium hike

Joined on March 31st before the premium hike after all these ads saying to join now before you're hit with the hike on April 1st. I made a credit card payment on March 31st and was still hit with the hike. I should not have to pay for the premium hike when you can't reconcile the time I joined and when payment is received on your end. There should have been a disclaimer saying that I would be hit with the price hike but there wasn't. I was on the phone for a whole hour to be told that I couldn't escalate the issue cause I signed up online and there wasn't anyone to tell me the disclaimer. Really? No refund offered with the discrepancy!!

Sally C

I have now been charged $896.61 and refunded $847.85 for the cancellation. I have cancelled within the cooling off period. Why have I been refunded less than what I was charged now???????????

Jessica
JessicaPerth, WA

Clients are not your top priority.

Due to my personal circumstances that HBF was made aware of 4 years ago.
I have handled claims for many others and the insurance companies sometimes in unique circumstances where willing to sit down and offer some help. Keeping a loyal customer was important. Not so with HBF

Highasakite
Highasakite

Scam! Beware!

I recently switched from Bupa to HBF and I regret it soooooo much. They made a mistake and now I’m trying to contact them to ask a question. So far, I have sent 3 emails and called them several times. No response. The website says their call centre is open from 5am to 7pm. Called at 5am, no response, middle of the day, no response, after 5pm, no response. Is this a scam? I think so. I more than likely need to get my bank to stop the payment.

EllenPerth, WA

Would not recommend!

Very disappointed with HBF, switching process has been time consuming and it has taken a very long time to have our previous clearance certificate applied to our policy. Membership cards took weeks to arrive. Also takes weeks for emails to be responded too and hold times on the phone are very lengthy. Poor customer service, email replies are rushed and riddled with typos!

HBF are also running a promotion for 6 weeks free and refused to apply this to our policy, despite joining only a couple of weeks before the incentive was advertised. No flexibility or understanding, will be looking at other funds.

Ellen

Hello Chloe - thanks for your reply. We are now in the process of switching to another fund,

Be aware of HBF

Be careful with HBF who claims to care about their customers, my policy was changed from having an excess of $200 to $750. They claim helping members is their number priority, it’s far from the truth. I’ve been a member for over 15 years, something has changed and has changed for the worse. False advertising from my recent experience.
Their attitude was very dismissive, no empathy, no negotiation, no care whatsoever.

J Ma
J Ma

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance