HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 2 of 7)

Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (8)

reneperth

Hard to claim when you need to.

Deb

IVF Pregnancy & Dialysis Grouped Together?

Max

Still waiting for call from management.....

Max

At least switching insurers is easy...I have now left HBF..amateur hour..you just dont need the stress of chasing up claims and dealing with an organisation that you have no faith in.

Alon
AlonMelbourne

Dont Use HBF Health Insurance

Customer service is rude, they will delay every chance to rectify a problem. HBF Health staff are friendly during sign up, become difficult and rude when claiming or maintenance on account.
Don't use HBF health insurance

Emm
Emm

Useless

HBF T.HBF

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Ike
IkePerth, WA

DODGY SERVICE

We are very disappointed with HBF.

We got a quote and received a confirmation email for $2,158.25, but we got charged for $2,329.90. Then they got back to us saying that is the correct price we quoted. Did our eyes deceive ourselves when we saw $2,158.25 on their website??? Or did we receive the confirmation email from another company??? How can they lie in front of black and white evidence. We are so not happy with their dodgy service!!

HBF doesn’t know the meaning of REFUND!!

Hard to get a refund from this stinking health fund. Here is yet another attempt. Dear HBF
I have been chasing a refund from you since 1st March. Your staff keep promising a refund however nothing to date.
My last call to your office said I would have my money no later than 17th March, guess what it’s now later than that.

Claim Made No
Thelma P.
Thelma P.

Overpriced and ripping me off.

I have been with HBF for 7 years but I don't feel the value in my policy. Every 6 months my premium goes up and my policy now costs about 50% more than it did when I signed up. I just got an online quote for the Equivalent policy and it would be hundreds of dollars cheaper if I cancelled and signed up again. And that is even with the significant discount I am supposed to be receiving through my employer.

I am trying to cancel but they don't make that easy. I would need to take time off work to be able to contact them during their work hours.

Sparky
SparkyPerth, WA

HBF don't pay for "reasonable" claims

Jeremy Parsons
Jeremy Parsons

Incompetent, Poor customer service.

Very slow to respond to requests, I have been waiting almost two weeks for an explanation on why they shorted my policy cover by half a month, Still no explanation. Escalated concern to a 24 hour response team. Surprisingly no response after 48 hours. When asking for an explanation on a calculation no one is competent enough to take ownership of the problem. try a different insurer if you can.
Claiming works fine unless you have a problem then their service is extremely poor.

HBF T.HBF

They avoid paying benefits with irrational rules.

Purchased $750 Orthotics at podiatrist.
The podiatrist invoice included the orthotics and consultation...fair enough.
HBF refused to pay the $400 benefit for the orthotics via hicaps because of the consultation charge.
HBF claim their system cannot process the consultation and orthotics together. I refuse to believe a multi-billion dollar company cannot implement software solutions to recognise the orthotics code.
I had to do the claim manually and waste time waiting on hold and submitting it myself online.
Pretty sure people would give up because the system is painful to use and not get their benefits.
May not be a deliberate scam, but they are denying people their benefits with stupid systems.

Anthony G.
Anthony G.
Sue K.
Sue K.Perth, WA

Waste of Time Hbf Outpost

Went to a hbf booth conveniently located at a shopping centre near me.
Was told by the customer service officer that “ they don’t process claims here”.
Consequently there was no one at the booth except for three staff who were chatting and laughing. What a waste of policy holders money. No wonder premiums are so high!

Claim Made No
Mark
MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't get sold into the non for profit idea

Heartless Hospital fund......... .HBF

Grant Lilleyman
Grant Lilleyman
CarolinePerth

Crap customer service

Rang today to talk about deferring a scheduled payment as I have done this before with no problem. Explained to Bronwyn what was done before and she said Oh No I can't do that as I am only part time. Boohoo, how about offering to get someone who is fulltime to call me and arrange a payment. She was not interested in helping and will now definitely be looking at swapping funds

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

If I could rate HBF a minus zero I would!

VassPerth, WA

Payment

HBF told me they will not accept cash as payment anymore I have paid my insurance cover with cash since 1981 now they refuse to accept it reading online seems you can only pay by direct debit which does not suit me or by credit card which I don't believe in they don't say. You can pay with EFTPOS after 38 yrs they treat you like your a nobody new fatcat in charge needs to line his pockets.

Vass

I don't have a cheque account your answer about staff is a load of crap it's about reducing staff at the HBF branch's why don't HBF have EFTPOS in the branch's ?

Carolyn
CarolynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False and misleading policy cover

Required a breast reduction costing $9K (including anaesthetic). Policy shows that breast surgery is covered. Badly needed as always at chiropractor and physio which I'm sure HBF could see I was attending. Had the surgery and got a measly $364 rebate from 7K. Absolutely atrocious. My monthly premium for more than that. Why say you are covered when clearly you are not. Young man on phone was quite rude when I queried this. Definitely looking for new private health cover... bye bye

Long Term Customer with 6 polices

Yann
YannSydney, NSW

Useless

HBF did not refund my claims on my Bank account as they used to do.
The cash got transfered on another bank account and now I need to deal with it.
Useless service and useless company

HBF Think about it very carefully.

We had been with HBF for over 20 years. I needed a prostatectomy because of aggressive cancer. The latest technology was to have the surgery using the Da Vinci method. In its wisdom HBF decided they don't cover for such technology and I was forced to pay the $7000 myself. They would not contribute one dollar.
A disgusting immoral company to say the least. You are warned!!

SAW0
SAW0Perth, WA

Terrible Customer Service

Experience with HBF customer service was terrible. Not only was on hold on multiple occasions (phone call took 42 mins) I was unable to receive the information I required. Originally told that the information will be provided within 13 days of submitting the enquiry, upon follow up I was told they cannot provide now. Had I not rang back, I would still be waiting without any notification from HBF. I've held my policy with HBF for over 10 years virtually without a claim and they cannot simply provide customer service when required!

Rachelle C.
Rachelle C.Perth, WA

Warning: Worst Health Fund

After my direct debit was declined HBF sent emails to my old work address and because there was no reply they cancelled my health fund without telling me. When I asked why they didn't ring me they simply replied they didn't think of it because they'd emailed me. What if i needed urgent hospital cover or something serious?? I can not believe my "trusted health fund" who I put my health in the hands of, didn't think to call me on the phone to let me know they could no longer debit my account? They couldn't even explain why as there was funds in there. Absolute joke. Worst customer service and zero common sense. Happy to be moving to another health fund who i can trust with something as serious as my health.

Hi Rachelle,
I noticed we have already answered your post on another channel. If it isn’t resolved to your satisfaction, please call us on 133 423 or contact us on your preferred channel of communication.
-Lachy

LeahJ
LeahJSydney, NSW

Do not recommend, will be switching health funds

Darren
DarrenSydney, NSW

ABSOLUTE SCUMS

Been with HBF for years and have never made a claim. You ask one tiny favour or a show of good faith and it's not even considered. WARNING DO NOT GO AHEAD WITH HBF!

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance