HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance (page 3 of 7)

Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (8)

Patricia
Patriciaperth

Terrible customer service and incorrect set up of policy

roberiquez

HBF health insurance did not honour their policy with us

They paid doctors to write reports contrary to the findings and diagnosis from our surgeon and GP.
The in-house HBF doctor never met with us.
The in-house HBF doctor is hidden behind the scenes (no names or qualifications are disclosed)
Its cheaper for HBF to re-write the facts than to pay out.

Policy not worth the paper it is written on.

HBF gave me anxiety.
HBF gave me anxiety.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

By far the worst experience I’ve ever had, PERIOD.

Took more than 50+ phone calls, multiple times a day, everyday (excluding weekends) and over the course of 3 months to get 1 simple quote for surgery under medical circumstances. Had to take almost 2 months off work & they just keep lying about the fact why they’re not allowed to give you a quote? I’ve never been so frustrated in my life and at one point started crying over how frustrating this company was. I felt like they were playing a sick joke on me and I’ve never been so disappointed with an organisation like this before. I would never recommend. Even evil people probably still don’t deserve this. This is just a horrible place.

Aijin
AijinPerth, WA

Disgusted,No sympathy.

Sandra Pease
Sandra PeasePerth, WA

Terrible service

Making a phone call at 6.45am this morning has led to more frustration after dealing with a staff member. This lady who I have the name of, simply did not want to help me in anyway. I was asking questions and she was condescending and non caring. It costs nothing to give the customer the information they need to know. I will have to call back again with the hope that I can get the information that I need with some consideration given to me.

HBF T.HBF

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Misleading, uncaring, staff who don't do their job

Steve
Steve
Bill TAU

Anything that cannot be questioned, is unquestionably a lie.

S2L0B
S2L0BSydney, NSW

Check your 2019 extra's cover - policy benefits have decreased - no need to put up with their appall

MM86
MM86Perth

Pick up the phone

It's nearly impossible to get in touch with them if you have a claim. Waiting on hold every other day for 30 min before I give up and go to work. When I asked if they have an office where I can go and talk to someone, they said no, even the people answering the phone are based overseas. Shocking customer service!!

Rob Boot
Rob BootMelbourne

HBF do not meet their obligation in providing health cover. They delay support by blaming surgeons,

Insurance claim madeYes

Not a very good insurance company

One year I got nothing refund Bec of thenew policy I didn’t recieve they said I can’t do nothing about it hopeless people and you can’t really with them.

Insurance claim madeNo

Terrible customer service. They pretend to transfer you to other departments and automatically hang up. If you leave a voice message to have them call back, they still do not call back. I am not happy.

Oliver
OliverPerth

Couldnt organise a dirt up at a brewery

3 years

Called on November 12th to cancel direct debit. Recorded on your system.

Received cancellation request from Bupa on 15th November. Recorded on your system.

21st November you debit my account. Nice one HBF! nice one!

SamPerth, WA

First claim in 4 years and get 9 dollars gap saver back

Terrible Health Insurance

Staff unhelpful and rude. I found it impossible to get a straight answer regarding what will be covered. When the hospital tried to contact HBF on my behalf to get an answer they refused to disclose if I would be covered.

sam
samPerth, WA

Car insurance

more than 6 years health and they asked me to transfer my car insurance to them 2 years ago that was biggest mistake

Borderline scam

Their model is broken, intended to suck your funds away and then not let you claim any benefits. I do not recommend HBF under any circumstances.

Their customer service is also nasty, sarcastic, and unwilling to help.

Cate
CateSydney

Unhelpful and inflexible

I have been in a private hospital in New South Wales for the last two weeks with a hospital acquired infection. Having four children at home I was given the option to be discharged on IV antibiotics for further three weeks which HBF has declined . Even approached by the ombudsman for an Ex Garcia decision they flatly refused even though me being in hospital for another three weeks would cost members about $70 000. Sending me home and I have antibiotics would cost approximately $2000. I found the correspondence condescending and inflexible. I will be changing health funds as soon as I get out of hospital.

Worst insuarance company

To get through to the claims department you are put on hold for more than 2 hour . How ridiculous.

Jeremy P
Jeremy PAU

Worst health insurance ever

Customer support woeful and passive aggressive. Hicaps never works when trying to claim on extras. Custom service don't call you back

Rosemarie
Rosemarie

Bad Experience

Insurance claim madeNo

Still taking out premiums after cancelling policy

I rang up to cancel my family health insurance policy and after waiting a long time finally spoke to someone and got it done. I’ve now found out the policy was not cancelled, the only change is that I’ve been removed from the policy while the wife and children are still covered.. they’ve deducted another premium in the meantime. Apparently one adult and two kids costs the same as two adults and two kids.
What a joke.

HBF T.HBF

Poor communication and rude behaviour at Morley centre

I am a doctor by profession, most of my patients are with HBF. When I walked into this particular Saturday to change the address and request an another card for my wife, it was a shockable experience. The issue is, still the card did not arrive and the address has not been updated!!!!

In my opinion HBF is not coping with huge number of clients.

Insurance claim madeNo

Worst customer experience I've had anywhere.

Overall shocking

Hbf is crap! Stuffed our policy, waiting times and took unauthorised payments. Quick to take your money and give you fake promises on sign up only to not take accountability on there actions. Dealt with hbf a few years ago also, customer service and knowledge is appalling, nothing’s changed. Cancelled our policy. Will never recommend hbf to anyone

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance