HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)

leePerth

Free Flu shot not for all eligible regional members!!

Ottilia V

Ottilia VPerth, WA

Very disappointed

I am a HBF member for more than 20 years,thinking of swaping and i decided to read reviews for both health insurers. I didn't realised how many bad reviews HBF has. I think this helped me make up my mind. I'm changing... same cover for less money..I'm going,Sorry HBF

Claim MadeNo

StevePerth

Inflexible policy

I’ve been a member of HBF for 64 years with top hospital and extras cover. Recently, on the recommendation of a family member, I decided to try going to an Osteopath for treatment on my back to find this service was not covered by my health insurance. When I contacted HBF I was told I would need to change my level of cover to include Osteo as it could not be added to my existing cover and then I would have a two month wait to claim. Very disappointed in HBF and their lack of compassion and flexibility time to look elsewhere for health insurance.

Claim MadeYes

dogitia

dogitiaPerth, WA

disappointing

was on the hospital + essentials young saver plan or something its all changed now prices got up all the time. went to the hospital once had to see a E.N.T doctor huge gaps in the cover doctors have booking fees of like $250 per visit medicare is covering more than they are been with them for 7 years +
who are these people that are making the fees go up why are massages covered and not pharmacy and doctor booking fees not covered next year it will go up again the basic and bronze cover is rubbish gold is the only one that could be worth it

Alee

AleePerth, WA

USED to be good value, they’ve cut so much I’m not even sure what I’m paying for now

Been with them for 3.5 years. They where great at first and good value for money, but they’ve cut more and more each year, now I’m not sure why I pay them $125 a month just for extras! I’m changing providers for sure

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

Reneged on our policy 6 months into our annual cover

Tanjaka

TanjakaBrisbane

Not recommended

Twice my claims were rejected - and on one occasion it was an emergency hospital visit, so I had to get transferred! Very costly monthly payments.
Very disappointed. Do not recommend.

Painful to deal with.

We have an outdated policy from gmf and wanted to change to a more current policy since hbf have now taken over, the customer service is so bad, as others have said waiting times when you call are to long and we have to hang up without speaking to anyone. I then tried emailing, I received an email asking for more personal information, the same information I had already given them Then after almost 2 weeks I received another email asking what I wanted the policy to include again the same information I had already given in my initial contact. The back-and-forth is ridiculous .

Leanne

LeanneMelbourne

Sub-par - many better options

Our previous fund GMF merged with HBF so it's not a fund that I chose. I have transferred out because their customer service is zero and product structure confusing. Be prepared to wait weeks and weeks for a clearance certificate and about the same length of time for them to answer the phone. Not a fund I would recommend.

HA14

HA14Long Jetty

Disappointing!

We have held a family policy with GMF for a few years now. Since transitioning over to HBF, I feel nothing but disappointed. I have tried on a few occasions to make contact with them over the phone to discuss my policy and each time I have been on hold for 30 minutes without speaking to someone- so I hang up. Not great when you pay nearly $200 per fortnight and you can't even speak to someone. I may definitely be looking for a new insurance policy in the near future. Such a shame- I had nothing but great things to say about GMF.

George N.

George N.perth,Australia

Way to expensive

After many years as a HBF member, we left as the policy has become too expensive compare with others. HBF prides itself as not for profit, gives back more to members. However it is not true. Members who do not claim or claim very little do the HEAVIEST lifting as they pay very high premiums. This is also true when members are not interested in the so call activities organised by HBF. In that case they get no benefit.

HBF extra cover brochure

After Easter I called HBF and asked to post the extra cover brochure as I want to join. Then, after 2 wks I called again to complain. They have checked that it was posted on 21 April and the address was correct. In May, I called again and the attendant took note and promised to post it. Past 2 weeks, nothing. I start to believe they do not have printed brochure to send to the clients !!

NickiT

NickiTPerth

HBF lied to get me to change cover

Kay Lou

Kay LouPerth

No help - staff don't know policies!!

Really Disapointment with HBF private health insurance. Staff don't know policies and when I set up my insurance I was led to believe certain things were covered when they weren't upon checking/needing them. I will be changing insurance companies as soon as possible..

HBF T.HBF

Hi Kay, Sorry to hear this has happened. Are you able to email me with further details on what has happened so I can follow this up for you? social@hbf.com.au - Tristan

Check your ambulance cover...Medibank Private apparently cover ambulance irrespective of urgent/non-

16 yrs with HBF but moving on. They will lose over $3000 premium health & car. Turns out it was not urgent ambulance so I have to foot the bill. Not negotiable. Referred me to ambo co. who charge admin of $23.10 if not paid lump sum. Disgusting. Unrequited loyalty.

I was crying and ambo office girl said, "calm down, settle, settle." She was pro HBF too.

Reviewer

I keep receiving "Congratulations...9437 people have read your review and 1 person found it helpful" ... that makes me laugh...only 1 person found it helpful!

diamus

diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg

Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

Bev M

Bev Masked

Does HBF cover Residential Aged Care Services?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Bev, thank you for getting in touch with us.

We do not currently offer residential aged care services. If you would like know what services we offer please send us a private message at the link below or call us on 133 423 and we will be more than happy to help. - Chloe

m.me/hbfhealth

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance