HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HBF

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)
chelsea
chelseaGreat Southern, WA

Issue resolved

Issue resolved following HBF contact.
Had issues with claiming after changing insurance funds and clearance certificates.
Initially had conflicting information, however supervisor has now clarified these issues. Ya ya ya ya

HBF T.HBF

Hi Chelsea, we are so pleased to hear your issue has been resolved. If there is anything further we can assist with, please do not hesitate to get in touch! - Shazrin

Ines S.Perth, WA

Not happy with HBF Loyalty.

Ines S.

As I said have put my case to you and 12 months is more important then Loyalty and age. making a 74 years old go for 12 months when she by doctor has to have operation earlier and as been paying you 21 years ,shame..

leePerth

Free Flu shot not for all eligible regional members!!

Ottilia V
Ottilia VPerth, WA

Very disappointed

I am a HBF member for more than 20 years,thinking of swaping and i decided to read reviews for both health insurers. I didn't realised how many bad reviews HBF has. I think this helped me make up my mind. I'm changing... same cover for less money..I'm going,Sorry HBF

Claim Made No

StevePerth

Inflexible policy

I’ve been a member of HBF for 64 years with top hospital and extras cover. Recently, on the recommendation of a family member, I decided to try going to an Osteopath for treatment on my back to find this service was not covered by my health insurance. When I contacted HBF I was told I would need to change my level of cover to include Osteo as it could not be added to my existing cover and then I would have a two month wait to claim. Very disappointed in HBF and their lack of compassion and flexibility time to look elsewhere for health insurance.

dogitia
dogitiaPerth, WA

disappointing

was on the hospital + essentials young saver plan or something its all changed now prices got up all the time. went to the hospital once had to see a E.N.T doctor huge gaps in the cover doctors have booking fees of like $250 per visit medicare is covering more than they are been with them for 7 years +
who are these people that are making the fees go up why are massages covered and not pharmacy and doctor booking fees not covered next year it will go up again the basic and bronze cover is rubbish gold is the only one that could be worth it

etk
etkPerth, WA

Gapsaver not what its cracked to be if you leave

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Gaz
GazPerth, WA

Ill be running from hbf for a reason

Im not going into details on this site because i think i would run out of space but i will say this.
I have been a long time member with hbf and now i feel like they dont know whats going on and im just being fed mis information because it feels like everyone i talk to at hbf had there own answer to my problems and nothing is solved.

Alee
AleePerth, WA

USED to be good value, they’ve cut so much I’m not even sure what I’m paying for now

Been with them for 3.5 years. They where great at first and good value for money, but they’ve cut more and more each year, now I’m not sure why I pay them $125 a month just for extras! I’m changing providers for sure

Reneged on our policy 6 months into our annual cover

Insurance claim madeNo
NimYork
NimYorkPerth, WA

West Australians need to start looking around!

Hawkeye
HawkeyeMuswellbrook

Cover not as good as it appeared

After switching from another provider, as we were told we could get better coverage for less, we were happy we had a great insurer, until it came time for major surgery for our child.
Only private hospital doctors available, no option for anesthetist, had to go with who was HBF pick ($400 out of pocket), plus dentist picked by HBF ($750 out of pocket), plus $400 gap from ENT... and nothing back from HBF. Changed providers very quickly.

Tanjaka
TanjakaBrisbane

Not recommended

Twice my claims were rejected - and on one occasion it was an emergency hospital visit, so I had to get transferred! Very costly monthly payments.
Very disappointed. Do not recommend.

Bekaroo
Bekaroo

Call centre service/wait times

Been with HBF for 12 months and haven't had any issues. Called HBF to clarify as issue and have been on hold for over 40mins now. No indication of how much longer I'll need to be on hold, no idea where I am in the queue. Yet to speak to a human being. Tried to ring my local branch but no answer.

My call was answered after 50mins on hold and the person was SO helpful! Told me my claim would be fully covered, asked me if there was anything else he could help with. He changed my policy so I'd get an additional $700 in claims for only $520 out of pocket. Even stayed on the phone past 6pm (their phone centre close time) just to be sure he'd answered all of my questions.

NatD
NatDPerth

Great and fast, bit pricy.

Got all four of my wisdom teeth out at once and it cost me $180. HBF were amazing over the phone and covered basically the whole thing. Have always had great service and love being able to pull out my card and cover everything.
Policy does increase though, getting more and more expensive.

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance