HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

etk

etkPerth, WA

Gapsaver not what its cracked to be if you leave

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad
Gaz

GazPerth, WA

Ill be running from hbf for a reason

Im not going into details on this site because i think i would run out of space but i will say this.
I have been a long time member with hbf and now i feel like they dont know whats going on and im just being fed mis information because it feels like everyone i talk to at hbf had there own answer to my problems and nothing is solved.

Claim MadeYes
NimYork

NimYorkPerth, WA

West Australians need to start looking around!

Health Insurance

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Hawkeye

HawkeyeMuswellbrook

Cover not as good as it appeared

After switching from another provider, as we were told we could get better coverage for less, we were happy we had a great insurer, until it came time for major surgery for our child.
Only private hospital doctors available, no option for anesthetist, had to go with who was HBF pick ($400 out of pocket), plus dentist picked by HBF ($750 out of pocket), plus $400 gap from ENT... and nothing back from HBF. Changed providers very quickly.

Bekaroo

Bekaroo

Call centre service/wait times

Been with HBF for 12 months and haven't had any issues. Called HBF to clarify as issue and have been on hold for over 40mins now. No indication of how much longer I'll need to be on hold, no idea where I am in the queue. Yet to speak to a human being. Tried to ring my local branch but no answer.

My call was answered after 50mins on hold and the person was SO helpful! Told me my claim would be fully covered, asked me if there was anything else he could help with. He changed my policy so I'd get an additional $700 in claims for only $520 out of pocket. Even stayed on the phone past 6pm (their phone centre close time) just to be sure he'd answered all of my questions.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
NatD

NatDPerth

Great and fast, bit pricy.

Got all four of my wisdom teeth out at once and it cost me $180. HBF were amazing over the phone and covered basically the whole thing. Have always had great service and love being able to pull out my card and cover everything.
Policy does increase though, getting more and more expensive.

Frank Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance?

Read the reviews for Frank Health Insurance

Ad

Variation in Private hospital charges

Spent from 6 am in Coronary Care and was told to go home at 8 am - took until 3.30 to get the paperwork from the private hospital. Then the account arrived from HBF saying they had paid the total of $9974. To me this was ridiculous so I rang HBF and was told that whatever the hospital requested they paid regardless. To make matters even worse exactly one week later a friend spent 3 nights in the same hospital even in the same bed and received an account for $1937. HBF were to contact me with explanations two weeks after speaking to them which was in December 2016. What a rip off. No wonder our fees to HBF increase. Where do I go from here to get some answers?

cover and service

Coverage is very broad and claim management is the really good.

Shame the branch takes a while to see someone. Up to 5-7 empty consulting tables and waiting periods up to 1.5 hours.

Insurance claim madeNo

OK

shellfreak

shellfreak

OK

Probably the way to go for health insurance in Western Australia, but that is because of their market dominance - they have more than half the health insurance market here. Their ambulance only cover is pretty competitively priced, if that is all you are after, but they could lift their game with their other products.
Probably the best coverage of the health insurers in Western Australia, and competitively priced ambulance only cover. Good branch network in Perth.
Their other products, such as comprehensive health insurance, are not that cheap. They have large market share and do not do much to stay innovative with the others.

diamus

diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg

Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

Bev M

Bev Masked

Does HBF cover Residential Aged Care Services?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Bev, thank you for getting in touch with us.

We do not currently offer residential aged care services. If you would like know what services we offer please send us a private message at the link below or call us on 133 423 and we will be more than happy to help. - Chloe

m.me/hbfhealth

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance