HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

Emma
EmmaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lovely service

Shopped around for best quote and HBF was the easiest to follow - simple pricing and explanations. I got a call back within 2 days and talked through what I needed from the policy and was helped to choose the best option (and not the most expensive). Friendly help that got me set up quickly and easily.

Kokanee
KokaneePerth, WA

Free Fitness Sessions for members is fantastic

Phoned first time today

I have had HBF cover since 2012 & phoned today for the first time in quite awhile. Am a bit surprised by the number of recent negative reviews as I wasn't on hold for very long (approx 7 minutes) and the customer service was helpful. So far, so good! Just wanted to offer an alternative review to those that I've read recently!

Insurance claim madeNo
Health Insurance

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Matt
MattHunter Region, NSW

Good obstetrics cover, rubbish extras

Took out insurance with HBF because birth related services were included in their mid-hospital cover. Apart from the excess, they basically covered everything while my wife was in hospital. However, same can't be said for extras cover. We recently cancelled ours because it effectively covers nothing.

David
DavidSydney, NSW

So far so good

Insurance claim madeNo

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

HBF facts and being admitted to a Govt. hospital as a Private Patient.

Danielle
DaniellePerth, WA

So far so good!

I joined with HBF in the 2015 new financial year and my experience with them has only been positive. The sign up process was straight forward, phone calls have always promptly addressed my queries, staff have always phoned me back in a timely manner, and my claims have always been processed with no care!

I've claimed for orthodontic and osteo appointments of which I've had no issues with my claims. Even their online chat staff are friendly, helpful and prompt with their response.

I can't expect much more from my health fund provider, so thank you HBF. I have confidence that I made the right decision when selecting my health fund provider!

lisss
lisss

Very good within WA, not recommended interstate

supernelly
supernelly

Good

They are fast to process claims, provide great coverage on hospital stays but let themselves down when it comes to most extras. I've been with them my entire adult life and are happy to stay with them. The fees increase about 5% a year which is in line with other funds.
Being in WA every health agency you deal with knows about HBF. They are now part of HICAPS which means you only pay the out-of-pocket portion of your bill instead of the old system of paying the full amount then going to a HBF office and claiming the refund.
Unless your dentist is linked in with HBF as an approved provider then the refund is very little (eg got $300 back of $2300 expenses). My major regional city has NO approved dental providers.

Health Insurance

Find out how HBF Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

shikra
shikraAU

Good

I'm generally really happy with HBF. It's so easy to swipe and just pay the gap at lots of places including the dentist and optometrist. They covered the majority of my son's orthoodontic work which included a fixed plate and now braces. Also I recently had cataract day surgery which was all fully covered, it was fantastic to not have to pay a cent for it.
Good customer service, now a branch at my local shopping centre
Can sometimes be long wait on the phone

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance