HBF Health Insurance

HBF Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
alvie.huit
alvie.huitPerth, WA

With HBF for over 30 years.

I was covered by my parents policy as a child when health insurance was more of a luxury than the necessity it is these days. As a uni student I switched to my own policy after I realised the true value and relief of cover after HBF covered my emergency surgery.

My policy ceased for several years whilst living in Syd and now that I am back in Perth I've returned to HBF for the last 7 years.

I love HBF. The customer service is excellent whether in store or on the phone.you've got flexibility to amend your policy to suit your needs - you just need to ask about your options. The website and app are excellent.

I am so pleased with them that I will never leave them - unless I move overseas.

Adam S.
Adam S.Sydney, NSW

Great Price - Friendly Service

Switched from NIB to HBF and saved a stack for the same level of cover. Staff over the phone have been super helpful and friendly. Love their Quokka ads as well, super cute.

Customer Service outstanding

Lina
Lina

So far, really good service

Dennis
DennisWA, 6003

Very Happy with HBF

I have been with HBF over 9 years and have been very pleased with the service received. The staff are very helpful professional and polite . The extras as well as the fitness classes are excellent. Will be a loyal customer for a long time.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Always had a great experience

Kathy
KathyBrisbane

Value for money ,the best extra cover

I am an admin at a dental surgery in Brisbane, dealing with private health insurances everyday. I have been with many different health funds myself( medibank private, Pupa ) .But HBF is the best one so far. Especially their extra flexi saver . You pay for what you need the most. Not like others policies, waste $$$ on things which we never claim. I do agree with some reviews that they take forever to answer your call but it usually happens to most health funds anyways. To be honest, at the moment flexi saver of HBF is the cheapest on the market.

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't be deluded by most of these comments

Lisa T

Bryan
Bryan

Excellent Member Benefits / Deals, Great Coverage, Quick Claims

top service

Geraldton WA 6530 had the best service today 16/3/16 thankyou Kathleen for your helpful advice for our sons new policy and the update of ours i had an enjoyable but short time , pity your not here on a more permanent basis your a credit to the association your involved with.
Cheers and thanks :]

Nkate
NkatePerth

HBF the way to go!

After requiring urgent surgery was informed by Medibank they would not be covering the item numbers I had provided even though I had served the waiting periods and not made a claim in over 2 years (paying $130 a month) I cancelled Medibank over the phone and joined with HBF, the day before surgery (tomorrow 19/12/14) HBF are covering hospital fee and can claim against item numbers Medibank declined me. I am paying $60 extra a month with HBF with ALOT more benefits. Had a wonderful experience speaking with Rebecca over the phone who was extremely helpful and got back to me same day with a quote for the surgery. Couldn't recommend a better provider.

violets
violetsPERTH

Great cover for young families

wrexyAU

If you can afford it, get it.

After being a member for over 10 yrs I was run over by a Volvo ! Off work for 12mths but HBF paid my premiums until I was back at work That was in 1996. I lost my job in 2007 but was hospitalised twice that year for elective surgery. Once again HBF paid all my medical bills & did not require me to pay premiums for 9 mths until I recovered & could afford to start payments again.
Can't complain about that.
Easy to deal with, quick @ efficient claims.
Not cheap, but then what good insurance is ?

HBF T.HBF

Wow Wrexy, it's lovely to hear how you've been able to make use of the benefits of being a long term member to get you through some difficult times. I hope we've continued to help you over the last 3 years - Lauren

shirvan
shirvanasked

Can I claim through HBF Australia wide

HBF T.HBF

Hi Shirvan, Thank you for reaching out!

Members can access range of providers throughout Australia however, to confirm that benefits will be payable for your treatment or service you are wanting to claim for, it is best to contact us directly to confirm your coverage and, if you will have any out of pocket expenses.

If you have any questions about how our agreements work, or the benefits you can get back please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. – Chloe

diamus
diamusasked

I am on HBF Silver cover. I know Gastric Sleeve surgery is not covered but does HBF pay anything toward the hospital stay, anethsaetic costs etc

HBF T.HBF

Hi Diamus, thank you for your question.

Without being able to access your policy, I am only able to provide general information. If something is an exclusion on your policy, unfortunately, we will not be able to pay benefits towards any part of the treatment.

If you would like to look more into your policy inclusion, please feel free to call us on 133 423, or chat with us at hbf.com.au - Cinta

Davidg
Davidgasked

Why is the gap saver no longer available?

HBF T.HBF

Hi Davidg, thank you for getting in touch!

We proactively review our health cover offering, which can lead to us making changes to our suite including closing certain products for sale. In 2019 we reviewed our suite and decided to close Gap Saver to new sales. This cover option is still available to those who held it at the time it was closed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 133 423. -Bella

See all HBF Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and HBF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance