HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

62 questions from our users

JERRY CARROLL

JERRY CARROLLasked

What does refer to fund p8 mean?

Warren Kaeding
Warren Kaeding

Page 8 of the contract. Good Luck. My suggestion is that if your down to having to look at the clauses in their policy, its time to change funds.

Roberta

Robertaasked

I had a breast removed for early stage cancer ten years ago, and annual checkups have not revealed any cancer in the remaining breast. If opt to have it removed, would my HCF membership cover that?

HCF T.HCF

Dear Roberta, apologies for the delay getting back to you. Our Member Care will be more than happy to assist you with this and any other questions you have relating to your membership. Please give them a call on 13 13 34. Kind regards, Rosannah

jimi

jimiasked

does hcf cover hire of robotics machine in hospital for prostate surgery?

HCF T.HCF

Dear Jimi, apologies for the delay getting back to you. Our Member Care will be more than happy to assist you with this and answer any questions about your membership. Please give them a call on 13 13 34. Kind regards, Rosannah

Ian S Boyle

Ian S Boyleasked

I have purchased a CPAP machine on my doctors recommendation. I have submitted the documentation with a claim form seven times now.
Five by iphone photo, which had a problem in focus, one by snail mail and two submissions by email with attached files.
This has been going on since May 2017, and I still don't have a response.
Do I have to submit this in person at a HCF branch? Help.
Regards,

Ian Boyle

HCF T.HCF

Dear Ian, apologies for the delay getting back to you. We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope this has been sorted out for you? If not our Member Care will be more than happy to assist you with this. Please give them a call on 13 13 34. Kind regards, Rosannah

Shellbell

Shellbellasked

My GP has recommended I have a breast reduction due to indentations in my shoulders, neck pain and rashes . With the referral I am hoping to claim part of the procedure with Medicare. I have multicover with HCF and was wondering if any of the procedure is claimable i: hospital , anesthetist , hospital etc.

Hi Shellbell,

Thanks for getting in touch. We would recommend that you contact us on 13 13 34 with a medicare item number provided to you by your doctor, so that our trained staff will be able to undertake a hospital eligibility check and confirm whether or not are covered.

If the procedure isn't recognised by Medicare and is deemed to be cosmetic, under such circumstances health insurers do not pay benefits for these procedures or the hospital costs associated with them.

stevo

stevoasked

what are the varied government rebates not shown on new premium rates that you recently sent out, so we can verify the calculation re 3.65% increase, you have shown this past years under "CHANGES TO YOUR REBATE", the wife and I are oldies 4 years apart ,on the aged and carer's pension and members since 2000, so now our combined premiums total $425.75 (= 98.33 pw), so decisions may have to be made.
Thanking you in anticipation of an asap response. Kind regards Phil

Hi Phil,
Thanks for getting in touch. Can you please call us on 13 13 34 and our reps will be able to talk you through your premium and rebates.

nadine gualdi

nadine gualdiasked

Hi, we have a temporary visa 188 and need a health insurance, please give us details of who to contact?

Regards
Elidio & Nadine Gualdi

Vittoriasecrets
Vittoriasecrets

Ciao not sure a about your visa but when you say health insurance, do you mean Medicare. This is the government cover for health only

Hi Elidio and Nadine,
Welcome to Australia! You'll be able to find out more overseas health cover at this link: http://www.hcf.com.au/healthinsurance/overseas-visitors-health-cover/ We'd be happy to talk this out with you if you call us on 13 13 34.

sammy

sammyasked

Please advise what general extras covers membership no.?

Hi Sammy,
Thanks for getting in touch. We have many different extras plans, if you can call us on 13 13 34, we'd happy to talk through cover options with you.

Kateben

Katebenasked

I am looking at changing health insurers. I am currently with Medibank. I have been with them for over 18 years. do i need to wait the 12 month waiting period if i roll over to HCF? I dont think it s fair if i do, paying so much premiums and needing to wait is ludicrous. its not like im joining for 12 months before i have a baby which a lot of women do!!! ive had cover for 18 years!!!!! I think waiting lists should be waived for me, If not waived am not moving ill stay with medi crap!

Hi Kateben,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you’re transferring from another health fund, waiting periods may be waived for the services that were covered under your previous policy – provided your HCF cover includes the same benefits and you’ve served the equivalent waiting periods with your previous fund. If you can call us on 13 13 34, one of our friendly reps will be able to confirm with you.

Nico

Nicoasked

I'd like to know if anyone has made a claim on the free Fit and Free travel insurance for older members up to 75? I have a trip to the USA and Mexico planned, and don't know whether this free insurance will be adequate in case of emergency. I'm in good health... but that's what insurance is for!

Hi Nico,
Thanks for the question. We would recommend you call AIG directly and have a quick chat with them on 1800 358 374 as Fit and Free is a closed product http://www.hcf.com.au/get-more-info/

Jessie

Jessieasked

Hi, would a breast reduction be covered under insurance for practical purposes ie I suffer from back pain which makes it hard for me as I am on my feet at work for a number of hours a day and also experience back pain when I work out?

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for the question and we're sorry to hear that you are suffering from back pain. We would recommend that you contact us on 13 13 34 with a Medicare Item number provided to you by your doctor, so that our trained staff will be able to undertake a hospital eligibility check and confirm whether or not you will be covered for the procedure.

If the procedure is deemed to be cosmetic and not recognised by Medicare, under such circumstances health insurers do not pay benefits for these procedures or the hospital costs associated with them.

Rachel W

Rachel Wasked

Is it possible to add my partner to my cover if he isnt on my medicare card yet??? What are the guidelines for this to occur??

Hi Rachel,
Thanks for the question. It is possible to add your partner if he is not on your medicare card. If you'd like to add your partner to your membership, you'll be able to do so by calling us on 13 13 34.

Willow Wing

Willow Wingasked

If I canceled my fund early last year . And I have become a couple now and rejoining hcf on my partners policy as a couple do I have to wait the waiting periods again?

Hi Willow,
Thank you for the question. Members are required to serve all applicable waiting periods if they re-join after a gap in cover. There are no concessions for this.

Niki

Nikiasked

Hi HCF I just upgraded my membership to platinum extras as I am an existing member for many years now but after reading this reviews I'm worried that on of my claims to be refused even though it been mentioned on my cover such as prescriptions or dental services, during my chat with a customer service he told me I will be covered for few things on dental but when I called back to double check the customer service said I was only covered for 2 check ups and 2 clean up? That what made me search for people's reviews to check if something like this happened before! Can you please confirm what we exactly covered for before signing up for extra pay.

Hi Niki,
Thanks for the question. Can you please send your membership number to social@hcf.com.au so we can take a look at what has happened during your upgrade?

Erin

Erinasked

i am currently with Medibank and serving waiting period for knee replacement surgery. It is something I knew would be needing so I increased my insurance this year. My 12 month wait period expires in May next year. Can you please confirm that you will recognise the wait time I have already served, and I will still be eligible for the surgery in May if I choose the cover that corresponds on one of your policies. Can you please confirm that I won't need to wait 12 months again from time of change, and also that because it is a know pre existing condition that I will infact be covered. The surgery I am talking about is knee replacements. thank you.

Hi Erin,
Thank you for the question. You are correct, continuity of cover will be granted and you will not be required to serve the waiting period again, provided your HCF cover includes the same benefits as your previous cover and you have served the equivalent waiting periods with your previous fund.

Kaila

Kailaasked

Hi, is it possible to be covered for breast reduction under private health with hcf is you have top coverage?

Hi Kalia,
Thanks for the question. We recommend that you contact us on 13 13 34 with a Medicare Item number provided to you by your doctor, so that our trained staff will be able to undertake a hospital eligibility check and confirm whether or not you will be covered for the procedure.

Hope this helps,

Lea

Leaasked

Hi, I have been with HCF since I was born so 33 years and found out today that I am on a cover, which apparently does not include gastric sleeve surgery which I intend to do in Jan. If I pay for my HCF 12 months in advance at top cover will that then cover the surgery in Jan?

Hi Lea,
Thanks for the question. Waiting periods are applied equally to new members joining or existing members upgrading, regardless of paying in advance.

Just Wondering

Just Wonderingasked

I am thinking of changing health funds and the broker has suggested HCF but cant tell me if a Basic Hospital 250 excess policy will cover me if i need to have day surgery to remove skin cancers eg BCC. The broker said if its not in the exclusions i would be covered if a medicare benefit is payable. Sounds ok, but is the proceedure covered, yes or no?
Just Wondering

Hi there,
Thanks for the question. Skin cancer removal is not an Exclusion or Minimum Benefit on HCF’s covers. So, as long as there’s a Medicare Benefits Schedule fee for the procedure and you’re admitted to hospital (including day surgeries) for the procedure then HCF pays a benefit.

If you’re transferring from another fund though, to receive immediate cover from us you need to be covered under your current cover and have satisfied waiting periods, otherwise you will still need to serve a waiting period for this treatment with HCF.

Tom

Tomasked

What type of health issues will allow you to acess the gym membership rebate on hcf? Getting your Dr to confirm mental health beneftits which include increased self esteem, reduce isolation, help motivation, participation and promote healthy lifestyle. Promote weight loss.
If this was on the gym applicaion fotm would it be eligible for the gym subsidy?

Hi Tom,
If the doctor or medical specialist recommends a form of exercise due to your medical condition, then we would assess your claim.

Hope that helps.

nicm

nicmasked

You guys used to do Health Dollars but I'm now longer receiving this as the customer service rep I spoke to said it's no longer an option. Is there anything else that replaces this & why has it now ceased?

Hi NIcm,
Health dollars were a part of a loyalty program with the former Manchester Unity products. Depending on your level of cover, we now have alternate loyalty benefits. For example, our gold and platinum extras have loyalty limits> https://www.hcf.com.au/insurance/health/private-healthcare-explained/getting-loyalty-benefits

Michelle

Get an answer from our members and HCF representatives