HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance (page 2 of 22)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Matt

MattPerth, WA

Very convenient claim process through the app, and generally a short processing time

Policy value is in line with expectations
Have lodged a few claims for surgery, orthodontist, and others. Orthodontist claim is capped even when specified as a covered area.
Have been with HCF for 5+ years

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019

Awesome customer service! Thank goodness!

Speaking with someone whom actually used language that was understandable.Totally understood the policy and the process. They were polite and exceptionally polite. Provided all information regarding product to be able to make informed decision.

Lizzyblue

LizzyblueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Necessary for peace of mind.

On inquiring about the best policy last year, HCF was considered the best value for my needs, so I changed twelve months ago. It was easy to set up. As yet, I have not needed to make a claim.

Plan CoverageHospital Only

Angela

AngelaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

HCF great to deal with

Rang to enquire on ambulance claim response was very quick and staff was excellent to deal with and very helpful. I have had to make few claims this year and all dealt with efficiently.

Jane. Wollongong

Jane. WollongongIllawarra, NSW

Knowledgeable staff

Rang to check up on my limits and also to understand what my policy now was as I have been a member for well over 35 years

Staff polite easy to understand. And answers every query I had easily.

Johnny W

Johnny WSydney, NSW

Very quick and friendly resolution to a problem of my making.

I didn’t respond to several requests for information and could have lost privileges. Once I realised my error I contacted Vesna who solved my problem completely and quickly in a friendly manner.

Colaaah

ColaaahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

HCF Where have had family cover for close to a decade now.

With our family cover, our whole family get total dental teeth cleaning done every 6 months with no out of pocket. Prevention is better than cure. Plus other claims easy!

Claim DateJune 2019

Angela D.

Angela D.Perth, WA

Great cover & easy access.

Great cover & price. I love using the app for claims & to manage my account. Enquires on the phone are quick with wonderful customer service. I’ve never had any issues with them.

W Hermsen

W HermsenSydney, NSW

HCF is the best health fund provider!

I’ve been an HCF member for like 10 years and I’ll continue being an HCF member. They’re simply helpful and good health fund provider. I’d recommend them to my friends.

Patient

PatientNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Time wasters

Wife went to change from Bupa to hcf as their product seemed better. When signing over on the phone was told they will match Bupa policy at a cheaper rate and also no waiting period to make a claim. When reading through the policy it turns out we were misinformed and there was a waiting period to make a claim. We opted to pull out through their 30 day cooling off period within the first week. It's now close to 6 weeks on and we ask what is happening whith our refund, and each time they say will be done within 2 weeks. I called them yesterday and they now say within a week, I said they will have to put up with me constantly calling them until it's done even if it's a dozen calls a day. Wouldn't recommend these time wasters to any one.

Would Book AgainNo

HCF makes it as hard as possible to make a claim

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Would Book AgainNo

Great Policy for a fantastic price!

My level of cover is exactly what I need and for the right price too!!
Every time I have had to call HCF the wait time was quicker than expected, the staff are friendly and very helpful. I have recommended HCF to all of my friends and family.

Linette

LinetteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Your staff member Hector.

Hector was exceptionally helpful, knowledgeable and efficient with a warm and welcoming manner when I telephoned to enquire about returning to HCF from CUA.
His professional and personable communication is truly exemplary and certainly 'sealed the deal' from my perspective.

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Would Book AgainYes

Good product and friendly staff.

I called with an enquiry and the staff, and although it was a 20 minute wait on the phone once the call was answered staff were very welcoming and understanding. My enquiry was sorted and staff member was very thorough with their service.

DD0070

DD0070Launceston, TAS

Everything with HCF had gone as expected.

Never had major hospital claim but everything else has been good and the value compared to others has been good. With HCF for 10 years with family hospital and extras.

MicknKaz

MicknKazGoldfields, WA

Best Private Health Out There

We went through a hard time financially and HCF were very understanding and we worked out a way where our policy did not get canceled. So friendly and understand at such a hard time for us.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2018

Arnold H.

Arnold H.

Beware: they force you to make a claim via post

You can't claim all services online... they force you to post them! 2019 and you're forced by a company to post.
I will be sure to change health insurance providers.

HCF
HCF T.HCF

James F.

James F.Hunter Region, NSW

The Best Not-for-profit health insurance organization you will find!

I have been with HCF for Decades, and they have never let me down or disappointed me in any way. I and my grown up family share the same opinion on HCF as a provider of choice.

Claim DateNovember 2018

Bec M

Bec MSydney, NSW

Useless

Signed up to HCF as they seemed to have great coverage for a great price.
I received a competing deal from my old Insurer Westfund which was better, so I cancelled the HCF policy 1 week later. I had my current insurer send through the confirmation transfer email, I called a week later to confirm it was received which it was, and have now made 3 follow up phone calls just over a month later to get my policy cancelled and refunded. Phone operators continue to tell me to wait 7-14 days which I have done, but this is getting crazy. Wouldn't go with HCF or recommend HCF to anyone. Definitely check out Westfund, they have done right by me from day 1 and give you straight forward honest answers.

Would Book AgainNo

HCF are very helpful, friendly, ad most of all they fix your issues in the very first instance

HCF are the best Insurance company. Pricing is good, customer service is excellent, very helpful. I would recommend and have recommended HCF to my family and friends. Couldn’t have asked for a better cover.

Michael Barter

Michael Barterasked

What has happened to the review I lodged a few days ago ?

fred f
fred f

Why are you asking the public??

lena saba

lena sabaasked

i am Australian citizen living overseas but I am coming back to live I Sydney and I need to know if I can continue with you as I used to have a membership with hcf and I froze it?

Guini L.

Guini L.asked

Is GP regular doctors' visits covered in "Short Stay " overseas visitors health cover?
The website only stated the following: "Depending on the level of cover you choose, you can be covered for up to 100% of the cost of seeing a GP from our GP network. "

HCF
HCF T.HCF

Hi Guini

That is correct, GP Consultations are covered under the “Short Stay” Overseas Visitors Cover.

You are covered for doctors’ services for items listed on the Australian Government Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) and where the service would be eligible for an MBS benefit if provided to an Australian resident:

For regular doctor visits, you will be covered with nothing to pay when you see a doctor through our network.

Our Overseas Visitors Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 13 68 42 (13 OVHC), option 2.

You can call the helpline to ask health questions* or to access providers and services through the HCF network, including:

• regular doctors (GPs)
• nurse triage

Hope this helps.
Regards
HCF Team

Get an answer from our members and HCF representatives