HCF Health Insurance

HCF Health Insurance (page 3 of 22)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

kostas73

kostas73Sydney, NSW

What service should be like!

I recently contacted HCF to discuss my cover. The person that answered my call was well informed, friendly and a true professional. I chose this NFPO years ago because it returns more to members and given my latest experience I can see why it is the 2018 Canstar winner. Keep up the good work!

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Samantha D.

Samantha D.Perth, WA

Great fund, great value for money

I changed to HCF about a year ago because they were cheaper than my previous fund. I have been surprised by how much more I get back and the service I recieve is excellent.

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family

Looking for perfection

Looking for perfectionSydney, NSW

HCF for 30 years, received $300 back from $6200 doctors bill in hospital. Go public, pay nothing. PATHETIC

Have been with HCF for over 30 years. Had jaw surgery with a doctors bill of $6,200. Medicare paid $1032 and HCF paid $308. What a slap in the face after 30 years. Currently paying $439 per month and didn't even get back one month of premiums. I am so glad I'm "PLATINUM" (government reforms). I called before surgery and HCF would not advise the out of pocket and asked me to go and ask the doctor. The doctor said that all health funds are different and I should ask them. $5000 out of pocket and $500 out of pocket for anesthetist. Should have gone to the public system and had no out of pocket. Health funds are pathetic joke.

GlendaCanberra 2600, ACT

Scam! Do not even try to put your details on their website!

Book AgainNo
Glenda

I wonder why people give you 5 stars.

Jen

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not likely to change provider anytime soon

I've been with HCF for close to 15 years and have never had any issues with the claim service. Every claim goes through quickly and easily and not once have I had to follow up. Top rate customer service and the uh cover all our families services needed.

Chris F

Chris FMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A health insurance provider that understands its clients needs - great service and value for money

I have been a member of HCF for 4 years and enjoy the ease of ‘on the spot’ claiming with numerous claims on extras over the years. I recently had to contact HCF when I had a issue with a claim - I made a quick phone call and the problem was resolved - friendly staff and great service!

Ann

Ann

Great health insurance company

Easy to use online system with email to confirm adjustments. Friendly service on the phone. Friendly helpful staff to assist you at convenient store locations in most local shopping centres.

Bianca B

Bianca BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

As private insurance goes HCF has to be the quickest and cheapest insurance on the market.

Good value policy for families, plus there's an additional option for Kids Cover which is extremely affordable! Very happy with this service so far! We do a 6 monthly comparison to make sure we're getting the best for our money and they havent let us down in 3 years.

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Andrew

AndrewMurray Region, NSW

Awesome customer service.

Awesome customer service at the Albury branch. Its not possible at all times but nice to be acknowledged as I walked in even though I had to wait a few minutes. The service itself with my enquiry was excellent and taken care of quickly!! Great health cover too!!

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Jason

JasonDarling Downs, QLD

Excellent customer experience

Contacted HCF to change the date that my Prius would be taken out. The HCF representative listened and seat with the matter immediately with no hesitation. The representatives made sure my concerns were understood. Their were no unnecessary delays or transfers.

Greg M

Greg MPerth, WA

Excellent cover affordable premiums

I was with HCF from about 2014-2017, and when with them found them very good with customer service and expediting claims. But I terminated my policy as I was unable to afford the payments any longer. This was not because they were expensive compared to other HI companies, and for a couple of years went without HI. When I was able to afford HI again, after doing some research found that HCF continue to be very competitive, and I am now back with them. I am though awaiting resolution of an issue and if they handle that well, I will give them the full thumbs up. All up, my experience with this company has been very positive.

Stressed out

Stressed out

Exceptional value for money

We find the value of our policy extremely good and had so far no problems with our claims, like eye surgery. Every claim was resolved with no delay. We are one year with HCF and never looked back

Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

More than helpful and caring

I had been with HCF until moving over seas and went to my employers fund on my return. I left employer and went back to HCF for value and friendly service

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim ApprovedYes

Excellent cover at a reasonable price,

I have found HCF brilliant to work with, claims are easily made and the app makes it accessible to make claims after hours if needed. The staff are fantastic and great to speak to and will do their utmost to ensure you have the best option for you & your family. Far better than our previous provider. Also good to speak to someone local rather than overseas.

Claim ApprovedYes

Added an exclusion to our policy after we held it for 6 years to avoid paying further treatment for a known condition.

Book AgainNo
Judy

JudyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with HCF

Claims are very easy to submit using the phone app. Policy prices seem to compare well with other health insurance providers. They have a pretty decent-looking rewards program, although I don't really use it much.

Terry I

Terry IPerth, WA

Strength and Reliability

We have only been with HCF for a short time but have been very happy with the contacts made. Our claims have been handled in a proficient manner and we are getting used to using the website for helpful information and claim details

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

KKnox

KKnoxSydney, NSW

Fabulous customer service from the team members

The HCF team members are helpful friendly professional and informative they really do care. The receptionist, dentist and dental nurse were all extremely helpful and very knowledgeable on their chosen profession.

FRA

FRACentral Queensland, QLD

HCF with gratitude

I love HCF! Life has been hard since 2014, many operations and hospital
Stays. HCF has been my partner and saviour on this journey. The staff have treated me with respect, made me feel like a person and not a number. Am SO grateful! Thank, thank you from the bottom of my unwell heart - you took away a big stress in what has been a horrid time. Happy to send you proof send me an email and I will and I to you.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2018

David Hunt

David HuntFlorey 2615, ACT

Updating Policy to meet New arrangements from 1 April 2019

We attended the HCF console at the Westfield Belconnen Mall and spent some very valuable time with the staff member. We had not reviewed our policy for quite some years and it was an eye opener to see what arrangements were far more suitable for our age group under the new private health care arrangements. The staff member was very friendly and gave us a new insight into how best to use our HCF health cover.

We came away very impressed and very pleased with the outcome which also fitted well into our p[rivate health care budget.

Coverage TypeCouple

lena saba

lena sabaasked

i am Australian citizen living overseas but I am coming back to live I Sydney and I need to know if I can continue with you as I used to have a membership with hcf and I froze it?

Guini L.

Guini L.asked

Is GP regular doctors' visits covered in "Short Stay " overseas visitors health cover?
The website only stated the following: "Depending on the level of cover you choose, you can be covered for up to 100% of the cost of seeing a GP from our GP network. "

Hi Guini

That is correct, GP Consultations are covered under the “Short Stay” Overseas Visitors Cover.

You are covered for doctors’ services for items listed on the Australian Government Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) and where the service would be eligible for an MBS benefit if provided to an Australian resident:

For regular doctor visits, you will be covered with nothing to pay when you see a doctor through our network.

Our Overseas Visitors Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 13 68 42 (13 OVHC), option 2.

You can call the helpline to ask health questions* or to access providers and services through the HCF network, including:

• regular doctors (GPs)

Regards
HCF Team

Bernard L.

Bernard L.asked

I just want to know if I am eligible form a claim on my insurance. I had a skin cancer removed a few weeks ago. The bill from the medical centre is $578.00. I realise I will be refunded by medicare for some of the amount. Will HCF provide further funding for this? My member number is 95484434.

Hi Bernard

We hope you are recovering well after your procedure.

Private health insurance policies cover some or all the costs of being a private patient in either a Public or Private Hospital for in-hospital (from when you’re officially admitted to hospital to when you’re officially discharged) treatment costs such as accommodation, operating theatre and other associated costs.

If the consultations is deemed to be a outpatient service then health funds are not allowed to pay a benefit, this can only be claimed from Medicare.

We are more than happy to look into this further for you, if you could email us at customersupport@hcf.com.au.

Please include your membership number and mention “product review” in the subject of the email and also do let us know whether you were officially admitted to a hospital as an inpatient.

Alternatively you can call us on 13 13 34 and our Hospital Information Line staff will be glad to assist you.

Regards

HCF Team

Get an answer from our members and HCF representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance