HCF Pet Insurance

HCF Pet Insurance Questions & Answers

Pet Premium, Pet Essential (See All)
Listing monitored by HCF

12 questions from our users

Robyn Silcock
Robyn Silcockasked
Pet Insurance

As a member of HCF top plus health cover are we entitled to a discount on pet insurance?

Mary B.
Mary B.

Yes, I think it's 10%., But give them a call as they are very helpful

MAURICE
MAURICEasked
Pet Insurance

Where do I find the form to claim pet insurance?

Maggy
Maggyasked
Pet Insurance

We have discovered my dog has spleen nodule dysplasia and the vet has given us two options. First one is monthly ultrasounds to see if nodule has grown and if it has urgent surgery is need asap or will be fatal or to have the spleen removed now. We are going to go with removal of spleen as its too risky. The surgery and two days in hospital will cost approx. $5k. Will she be covered under illness policy and do we have to pay vet bill up front

Tata
Tataasked
Pet Insurance

I’ve stopped to pay my pets insurance payment because of financial difficulties from 5 months ago. Can I start the same plan from now?

Reneeasked

Hi, 2 questions.

1) What is the deal with a dog after 9 years? i have a puppy and have insured from the start but someone mentioned she won't be covered after 9yrs old?
2) what does "Routine" care mean and what can be claimed? Just the consultation fees for the vet? My vet "upsold me" their "special" care which means i get free consultaitons and vaccinations. but if this is already covered by my pet insurance (not the vaccinations), why would I bother with there "special" membership.

thanks

Joie
Joieasked
Pet Insurance

I have been a member of HCF health insurance for almost 20 years and would like to know what benefit I would get from leaving RSPCA pet insurance? My dog is almost 4 months old

buttons.14
buttons.14asked

Hi there,
I am an hcf member [personal details removed] and would like to take out pet insurance for my dog. I have just cancelled the RSPCA insurance as the hcf is cheaper for me as a member. The only issue I have is that under the RSPCA insurance I was covered for the crucial legitimate and it says it is a 6 month wait on HCF, can this be wavered?
Kind regards,

LJ
LJasked
Pet Insurance

HCF Pet insurance has recently introduced an annual cap of $300 for "consultation". Question is what exactly is consultation and is there a definition in any paperwork or PDS and if so can I have a copy of it please?

When I take my pet to the VET normally it is $60 and some extra for medicine for gastric, etc. I am guessing the consultation is $60 which comes off the consultation of $300.

Reason we brought insurance is if the pet gets a cancer or requires major surgery, then the vet 's fee will be maybe even $1000 plus of course medicine, theater fees, etc. Does the $1000 also considered consultation fees.

ANOTHER question - My policy is due for renewal on 20 December 2015 (or thereabouts). After this date am I liable for the whole year fees even if I terminate one or two months later or if I want to do that then I should cancel before the renewal date? I was reading reviews here and would appreciate a clarification please.

Guy

Commman
Commmanasked
Pet Insurance

Is there is any chance of getting a promo code for HCF pet insurance, and if so, where can I find one?
Thanks?

LDB
LDB

Really?..! I would hope their service has improved, I would be glad to withdraw my "do not buy" recommendation if this is the case, please keep me posted.

何可可asked
Pet Insurance

Hi, I want to know more about “pet insurance” issue in Australia. Such as:' how many people are buying your company's pet insurance for their pets?' and ' how does this pet insurance system work in your company?' Thank you!!

Adam
Adam

Hi
I reviewed HCF pet insurance after my very poor experience with them.
As per my review I don't recommend HCF. You're probably best to speak to them if you still want to get their insurance. Thanks.

何可可

Thank you!So,Can you answer my questions?

Sandy2
Sandy2asked
Pet Insurance

I rang today to inquire about pet insurance for my cat. While even with the 10% member discount the premium was on a par with most other companies, I decided to stick with HCF as I have been happy with their Health Fund. However, on reading reviews after my call I cannot in all conscience put my money with HCF - it sounds a nighmare to make a claim. Sorry HCF - to be forewarned is to be forearmed!

wen49
wen49

After my complaint as outlined previously, HCF have now offered to review the claim again but it has been several weeks and I am yet to hear back !!

Robyn46
Robyn46
Pieeater
Pieeater

Get an answer from our members and HCF representatives

HCF Pet Insurance