Heartgard 30 Plus

Heartgard 30 Plus

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Heartgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

pacinofan
    pacinofan

Good

This product ensures my dog never got heartworm. I found it easy to remember to give it to her because I circled my calendar for the same date each month, but I seem to recall it has stickers in the box as reminders. This is a trustworthy product recommended by vets.
    I buy this at my local vet. My dog loved the taste of it and saw it as a treat. You only need to give the chewable 'treat' once a month to ensure it is effective. It is a low fuss and reliable product that is easy to use.
    Fairly expensive, but worth it.

babyblade86
    babyblade86

Good

A great product that seems to work for my dog, the day after giving him the chew he stopped scratching but like most wormers you must keep up with the monthly dosage in order for it to work well.
    Easier to give than tablets; can be disguised easily in food;
    Expensive, but worth it.

Vcv
    Vcvasked

Do I have to use any other worming tablets with Heartgard?

Ken X.
    Ken X.asked

If Heartgard is so effective, why does the vet insist that my dogs get blood tests each year?
    Ken

Products available

Heartgard Plus Chews are available in 3 versions:

• For small dogs up to 11 kg
    • For medium dogs 12-22 kg
    • For large dogs 23-45 kg

Dosage

Giving Heartgard30 Plus to your dog wins points in terms of its simplicity. One beefy chew should be given to your canine companion once a month. It can be hand-fed or broken into pieces and mixed in with your dog’s food. The packages come in two sizes; 6 tablets or 12 tablets, allowing you to choose between a supply of either 6 months or one year.

Points to note

This medication can be used on all dog breeds, and is also safe for use on breeding bitches and puppies who are 6 weeks old or over.

As a point of note, this Plus version is different to the regular Heartgard, which just provides protection against heartworms.

CategoryHeart & Intestinal Wormers