Heinz Baby Basics Toddler Straw Cup

Heinz Baby Basics Toddler Straw Cup

See the Best Training Cups in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disappointing. :(

I bought 1 of these a few months ago and it was leaking, bought another one to give it another chance but it got worst! Bub can't sip anything through the straw! I tried sipping and i got air. Though I like it because of its tall design and removable cup cover. Not buying this product anymore. :(

Great cups

Can't fault these cups except the rubber from around the mouthpiece can get a bit chewed and start to wear away after a while. I've noticed some people have had problems with leaking though and would like to make a suggestion. If you pull out the valve you will see there is an oval section which the straw goes in and if you flip the while valve over, across the back there is a rubber band which sits over a hole. This sometimes gets displaced which causes the cup to leak. Simply flick it back over the hole again and it won't leak.

Faulty Toddler Straw Cup

My toddler used the Heinz Basics Trainer with great success. So when she was ready, we upgraded to the Heinz Baby Basics Toddler Straw Cup. Unfortunately, this product has been a waste of money.

When my toddler was unable to suck anything through the straw, I tried without success. The amount of pressure required to suck anything through the straw makes it impossible even for an adult. Perhaps I was unlucky and got faulty cup but that's not acceptable. I would definitely not recommend it to anyone.

Unable to suck anything through the straw

Greatstraw cup

My daughter has used this cup without issue since she was 11 months old. Has never leaked (make sure you use the anti-leak valve properly), even when thrown around, tipped upside down, etc. 2.5 months of use and it is starting to show signs of wear from teeth so I am going to buy another one. Overall, really good.
No mess!
Starting to show some wear after 2.5 months

Water, water everywhere

I bought this cup as I really like Heinz products but unfortunately it leaked from the screw top regularly. When filled to over half way it would leak right through my nappy bag, even when standing upright. A slight tilt in my nappy bag would mean the water would come into contact with the screw top and somehow manage to escape. This was very frustrating as on the first occasion we were travelling and all 3 of our passports were water damaged. I thought I must have done something wrong so I continued to use it however it kept happening.
tall cup that didn't take up too much room in our nappy bag
leaked like a sieve

Was our holiday lifesaver.

When we went on holiday we took our standard (spill) sippy cups. The kids were using them in the car and they kept leaking on their clothing. So we decided to stop at a shopping centre on our way and pick up a couple of these. At first (and of no fault to the cup) our children couldn't use them because they couldnt grasp the concept of facing down so the liquid could come up the straw. So at our wits end (and just hoping and preying it would work) we removed the straw. It worked perfect! They could use the bottle like a standard sippy cup and it didnt leak or spill. The flip top cover also meant we could put it in the baby bag when we went on outings plus when they would have a tantrum and throw it the cover would protect the straw end. All in all - it makes an awesome sippy cup!
The lid cover, the non spill aspect
The straw

Terrible Product

I bought one of these and thought it was great. Went and bought 2 more, despite the ridiculous price After less than 2mths they all leak badly and are now useless. Heinz customer service didn't want to know about it. Apparently it is my teething toddler's fault for damaging the no-spill valve by biting down on the spout... A product that is made for toddlers (who as we all know chew on things when they teeth...) should factor this in. All Heinz customer service told me they would do is pass the information onto the manufacturer. They would take no responsibility for having a useless product bearing their brand name on it. Don't waste your money - and if you already have, don't waste your time complaining to Heinz.

expensive, useless in less than 2 months,

Disappointed

I bought this cup after having had other heinz products that were great. I put some juice in it and it leaked all through my nappy bad, and it was stood up! Very disappointed.

Leaked. Don't recommend buying

I bought one of these and thought it was great. Went and bought 2 more, despite the ridiculous price After less than 2mths they all leak badly and are now useless. Heinz customer service didn't want to know about it. Apparently it is my teething toddler's fault for damaging the no-spill valve by biting down on the spout... A product that is made for toddlers (who as we all know chew on things when they teeth...) should factor this in. All Heinz customer service told me they would do is pass the information onto the manufacturer. They would take no responsibility for having a useless product bearing their brand name on it. Don't waste your money - and if you already have, don't waste your time complaining to Heinz, they don't care. Obviously they're making enough money to not have to worry about quality or customer satisfaction.

Bad

not a cup ide buy again given the problems i had with when fluids got low and the drink not going up the straw, is easy to clean and hold though in little hands
i brought this for my toddler and found she had problems drinking out of this, she would need to tilt her head back to drink as found the straw often wasnt adequet enough when drink was getting low. we took the straw bit out and it worked better for her, although given the cost of the cup i probably wouldnt buy it again. it is easy for her to hold and grib and i didnt have problems cleaning it
the straw when fluid got low made drinking a little hard, often our daughter would play with this cup by oening and closing the covering lid

I'm very impressed with the non-spill easy to hold cup that is easy to drink from. It is easy to clean and assemble.
I bought the 12 month toddler straw cup for my 9 month old twins. I had been having trouble with them drinking water with many other sippy cups the they had to tilt. They both took to this one straight away and were able to drink by themselves with out tilting their heads back especially in their highchair. They now drink plenty of water and are now old enough to drink milk from the cup too. The cup doesn't seem to spill, the most that has come out is a bit left in the spout. Also the valve is a one way design, so food doesn't get back into the bottle and contaminate it like some others I've tried.
The kids loved to play with this and not drink, so I removed it (the cap and top cover). The bottle doesn't seem to leak, so it's better with it off.

I bought the smaller version of this cup (the one with the handles) for my 9 month old because after buying several sippy cups (including a magmag one and a Nuby super spout one) she couldn't get the hang of having to tip the bottle up to drink (she is breastfed, so not used to bottle feeding). After about 3 goes with this cup where she tried to chew on the straw rather than suck it, she got it! I'm much happier knowing that she can get herself water now whenever she wants it. I did find that she would close the lid and not be able to get it open, so I just removed it, and even without it, only a couple of drops of liquid will come out of the spout if tipped upside down.
My baby can drink out of it! No spill. Easy to disassemble and clean. Similarly priced to the rest of the sippy cups on the market.