Heller HVF10

Heller HVF10

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now

3.8

Hannah F

Hannah FSydney, NSW

SO LOUD.

I bought this fan because it says it has an ultra quiet motor. I had a cheap one from target before and that was so quiet. This one is crazy loud! And It cost $18. Very disappointed. Have asked for a refund.

Purchased in August 2019 at Catch for A$18.00.

Noise Level
Gem

GemAdelaide

Sturdy little fan; Wish it had a silent mode

Bought it on eBay, here's what I think:

Pros:
- Sturdy build. Dropped it a few times and still works.
- Low power consumption. Connected with my laptop cooler's USB ports with no observable issues.
- High Airflow. You can feel the breeze instantly.

Cons:
- Loud humming sound. About 30-40 dB when powered on. My laptop fans are at 15 dB on average so this may not be appropriate for those sensitive to certain noise levels.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Andrew S.

Andrew S.Melbourne

Heller HVF 10

Bought this fan only a few weeks ago so not sure why the website says its discontinued. it is a small portable USB powered fan for my desk and cooling my MacBook (which is always running hot). The fan is quiet and with is rubber pads on the stand no vibration either on the desk or noise.

Going to buy a couple more for other staff when i go to Officeworks later today.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Standalone Fans

Find out how Heller HVF10 compares to other Standalone Fans

Rose

RosePerth, WA

Fantastic little fan

I have two of these fans. One on my desk at work where I flick it on and off depending on what mood the air conditioner is in. It cools me down immediately and doesn't blow any paperwork around. The second is in my bathroom where it keeps my face cool when I'm applying makeup. Just brilliant.
It's quiet (so quiet I sometimes to forget to turn if off in the bathroom), inexpensive and adjustable (you can point it up or down).

forbiddenfilms

forbiddenfilms

good, solid, adjustable little fan

This fan was just what I was after: simple, cheap and solid. I just hope it lasts.
I have wasted so much money on cheap little desk fans that were so flimsy they would vibrate themselves off the desk, fan the most pathetic breeze, and last anything from 1 minute to 1 month.
It's seems very solid and of good quality
fan blades should be a little larger